FTB Infinity Release

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Are desert biomes very rare in Infinity (BoP worldgen)? I've been travelling for thousands of blocks and not found any. I know RNG can be a harsh mistress.

*Edit* Yay, I knew that as soon as I posted about it, I'd find one!

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Are desert biomes very rare in Infinity (BoP worldgen)? I've been travelling for thousands of blocks and not found any. I know RNG can be a harsh mistress.
I don't know how rare they are, but the Magic Map from the Twilight Forest (needs torchberries, glowstone, a raven's feather, and paper) shows biomes, and is much farther zoomed out than vanilla maps. It works in the Overworld and the Twilight Forest, and will also show the various TF landmarks if activated in that dimension.

Deserts probably show up either tan or red; I don't remember which it is from the last time I used one in the Overworld.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Are there any cheap options for RF energy transfer? Extra Utilities Transfer Node (Energy) takes a ridiculous amount of Redstone, and EnderIO needs Ender Pearls.

Also, is the pulverizer supposed to produce IC2 lapis dust from nether lapis ore? Seems a little odd to me, and I just wasted a ton of lapis on something I'll probably never use!

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any cheap options for RF energy transfer? Extra Utilities Transfer Node (Energy) takes a ridiculous amount of Redstone, and EnderIO needs Ender Pearls.

Also, is the pulverizer supposed to produce IC2 lapis dust from nether lapis ore? Seems a little odd to me, and I just wasted a ton of lapis on something I'll probably never use!
BC kinesis pipes.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
There's also lower tiers of EnderIO energy conduits that do not require ender pearls, but don't transfer as much energy.
Also, 1.2 added Thermal Dynamics, which adds back TE energy conduits (now called something else, like Flux Conduits or some such)

Reactions: PhilHibbs

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
BC kinesis pipes.
Of course! I keep forgettng that BC went with RF. Thanks.
There's also lower tiers of EnderIO energy conduits that do not require ender pearls, but don't transfer as much energy.
Also, 1.2 added Thermal Dynamics, which adds back TE energy conduits (now called something else, like Flux Conduits or some such)
D'oh, I must have got the recipes muddled up. Thanks. Yeah, I'm looking forward to the new TD stuff when 1.2 becomes recommended, I think it also fixes the direct power transfer from generators to machines, doesn't it?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've just noticed that PneumaticCraft isn't in Infinity. :( Is there a reason why it isn't in? Has anyone tried adding it?

I'd already remove that mod just for those annoying plants.
I know there's configuration options for it, but it seems Infinity mainly uses vanilla configurations for the mods

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I know there's configuration options for it, but it seems Infinity mainly uses vanilla configurations for the mods
The goal in development was to use generally as close to default configs as is possible without breaking balance. That's been the vision for a Kitchen Sink pack

Gothit

Jul 29, 2019
27.02 21:25:58 [Server] INFO [21:25:58] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension 1
27.02 21:25:58 [Server] INFO [21:25:58] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension -19
27.02 21:25:58 [Server] INFO [21:25:58] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension -42
27.02 21:25:58 [Server] INFO [21:25:58] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension -38
27.02 21:25:58 [Server] INFO [21:25:58] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension -37
27.02 21:25:58 [Server] INFO [21:25:58] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension -100

server doesn't go on it's stuck on there

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019

Only the highest tier needs ender pearls. The base conduit which can transfer 640 RF/t needs iron and redstone. The mid tier which can transfer 5120 RF/t uses gold, glowstone, and redstone. Only the top tier needs ender pearls. Thermal dynamics was also added to the newest release on Inifinity(1.2). I haven't looked into the recipes for them yet, but they are also tiered like Ender IO and should have a fairly cheap entry level conduit.

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
YES! I 100% agree with this. I wish that a version with just the drone running on RF was released. I can't really name anything the mod brings to the table beyond that drone. So not worth dealing with those plants though.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
YES! I 100% agree with this. I wish that a version with just the drone running on RF was released. I can't really name anything the mod brings to the table beyond that drone. So not worth dealing with those plants though.

well, I do have to admit the plants were a nice way of getting alot of lapis and ink sacs, but it also felt really cheaty getting lapis and ink sacs through that method

Reactions: EndlessFields

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
well, I do have to admit the plants were a nice way of getting alot of lapis and ink sacs, but it also felt really cheaty getting lapis and ink sacs through that method
AlotOfLapis.jpg

(sorry)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Please give my compliments to the artist on the lovely blue and white Infinity logo. The colors really go together well.
You funny...

Also, the left circle is actually white (if my eyes aren't lying to me again...), so I couldn't *quite* honestly call you colorblind anyway.