I miss Mekanism!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Siigari

Aug 27, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Hey all o/

I have been playing on a few FTB Infinity servers and I must confess that I really miss Mekanism. I dunno if it's because of the technical look or if it's the progression system. Infinity seems to be missing some core elements that older FTB packs have had. There are also some neat new mods such as BC Additions that enhance the enjoyment of the upward grind.

I know Mek was really only in TPPI and some other third-party offshoots, but when can we see some new mods in FTB?

Thanks!

typed using my on-screen keyboard because of kitten on lap :3

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing Infinity on a SMP server for two weeks and I have to agree - the modpack needs a bit more "oomph". I already feel kinda bored, and the reason is that a lot of the mods I've already done them before - Thaumcraft, Forestry bees and trees (but not caterpillars!), etc.

Before I get criticized, yes I do realize that my boredom is my own problem and not the problem of the FTB team to solve. They certainly have provided us with a good solid stable modpack IMO, but I also wish there was more "new stuff" and not so much of the "old stuff". Maybe I'm just getting bored with modded minecraft, but I hope not because there aren't too many other games I enjoy playing these days. Too many war/fighting/killing games which promote bad things (hello GTA V lol).

I've never played a modpack with Mekanism in it, and it is somewhat odd that it never seems to find its way into a FTB modpack. Why is that? From everything I hear, that mod would probably be right up my alley.

Reactions: Cirom and Fuzzbling

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing Infinity on a SMP server for two weeks and I have to agree - the modpack needs a bit more "oomph". I already feel kinda bored, and the reason is that a lot of the mods I've already done them before - Thaumcraft, Forestry bees and trees (but not caterpillars!), etc.

Before I get criticized, yes I do realize that my boredom is my own problem and not the problem of the FTB team to solve. They certainly have provided us with a good solid stable modpack IMO, but I also wish there was more "new stuff" and not so much of the "old stuff". Maybe I'm just getting bored with modded minecraft, but I hope not because there aren't too many other games I enjoy playing these days. Too many war/fighting/killing games which promote bad things (hello GTA V lol).

I've never played a modpack with Mekanism in it, and it is somewhat odd that it never seems to find its way into a FTB modpack. Why is that? From everything I hear, that mod would probably be right up my alley.
I agree tbh. If I am going to play a kitchen-sink pack I want some sink! It would be nice to have some new mods to play with or at least some of Reika's mods or some other high end time sink tech mod. RFtools might fill that though. Mekanism 4x and 5x ore processing is also super fun to set up and logistically challenging.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I've been adding Mekanism to my own modpack these past few worlds. I like the mod because it's not grindy and you basically get things that work. Build a wind turbine, and you get a usable amount of power from it, etc.

The only issue I have with it is with the machine input/output sides configuration. It's almost like it was deliberately designed to be difficult to use.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
It is actually pretty easy once you get it. But it isn't very colour-blind friendly.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
It is actually pretty easy once you get it. But it isn't very colour-blind friendly.
What part of it isn't? Most coloured things can be hovered over and you get a tooltip with the colour and use the configurator for the rest I think.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
They're not gonna add it. People keep asking, they keep denying it. Just add it yourself or use another pack.

Reactions: PierceSG

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a personality conflict or something? Is it a technical problem/reason? Does the mod author not want it included? I find it difficult to understand why FTB refuses to add it to any public pack?

Reactions: RedBoss

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Mechanism's cool but I feel it has too much power for me. The digiminer is too easy to make for what it does, it lets me have ALL the ores super quick (well quicker then mining manually that is). In pack where I have added it I find all my drive just vanish after using it, I could just not use it but it's way too tempting the powers call to me is just too strong. "Low on gold, miner? just use me and you can have ALL THE GOLD maybe even the diamonds, silk touched too!".