Request Looking to Stock Cyclic Assembler With Specific amount of items

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Panclaws

Jul 29, 2019
Im playing on the Dw20 Pack and im making a cake farm for botania mana generation. i already have everything setup as far as automation and farming goes. and im not in short of supplies. my only issue is my Cyclic Assembler keeps overstocking with a specific item. this clogs my automation process. i was wondering if there was a way i could have Only A specific amount of items in the assembler at a time. i only want the exact ingredients for a cake. in the exact number. i have JABBA barrels hooked up to the assembler and am using Ender IO conduits to transfer the items into it. Any solution would be great.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
How about setting the EIO conduits to requiring a redstone signal then pulsing down the line so it sends from each only once?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Im playing on the Dw20 Pack and im making a cake farm for botania mana generation. i already have everything setup as far as automation and farming goes. and im not in short of supplies. my only issue is my Cyclic Assembler keeps overstocking with a specific item. this clogs my automation process. i was wondering if there was a way i could have Only A specific amount of items in the assembler at a time. i only want the exact ingredients for a cake. in the exact number. i have JABBA barrels hooked up to the assembler and am using Ender IO conduits to transfer the items into it. Any solution would be great.
Logistic Pipes.
Put Provider pipes on the barrels, put a Supplier pipe on the Cyclic Assembler. Set the required items and their amounts in the in the Supplier pipe and it will keep the assembler stocked.

Panclaws

Jul 29, 2019
Logistic Pipes.
Put Provider pipes on the barrels, put a Supplier pipe on the Cyclic Assembler. Set the required items and their amounts in the in the Supplier pipe and it will keep the assembler stocked.

I would if i could. but the Dw20 pack for 1.7.10 doesnt have Logistic Pipes

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I would if i could. but the Dw20 pack for 1.7.10 doesnt have Logistic Pipes
Lol what?! Hahah that is just... Why?!... :confused:
That pack is just...

Well one way of doing it then would be through Factorization routers. You could use 3 Routers each set to insert into the Cyclic assemblers(with Machine upgrade) slot 1-3. You could them pump sugar, egg and wheat into a separate router. This will keep slot 1-3 stacked with these items at all time but will not fill the rest of the inventory with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wekmor

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
lol rhn you need to catch up on mods, routers are gone from factorization in 1.7.10 in favor of using servo's.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
lol rhn you need to catch up on mods, routers are gone from factorization in 1.7.10 in favor of using servo's.
:(
I am just going to stay in 1.6 forever! Everything good is gone in 1.7...

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
You could have your items go to a chest and use a Translocator to move a specific amount of each into the cyclic assembler. You just need to add a diamond nugget to the one on the cyclic assembler. The diamond nugget lets you specify a certain amount to keep in the inventory. Here's a setup I made to show you.

You can use one chest like this, but it is possible the chest could fill up with one item and you would end up with the same issue you had.
q6xc2PE.png

I would recommend using 3 chests like this. One for each of the 3 dry ingredients.

DULRUcd.png

And you specify the amount by clicking on the translocator with the diamond nugget on it with an empty hand. It opens this GUI.

Srr904S.png

Reactions: rhn

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Another option is extra utilities restrictive transfer pipes, they keep a maximum of a single stack in the inventory.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I agree that in the raw DW20 pack, transloctors are probibly the most conveient option. Extra Utils Restriction Pipes are fine if you are after a stack (or hyper version for a single item). The only other option i can think of is an ae2 subnetwork, with only the assembler as storage (via storage bus) stocked via export buses which are turned off by level emitters on the subnetwork.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you're going to all the trouble of a subnetwork, an Assembly Chamber/Fluid transposer might be better. Three buckets, empties stored in the transposer. Empty from there into storage, and craft on demand as you have milk.

Alternately, filtered EIO pipes, into a 3x3 of chests, and a transfer node with the world interaction upgrade. Also you can use one flour instead of 3 wheat. (Wheat in a crafting grid.)