Why You Like Modded Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
i made this thread because I think it would be cool for people to express their feelings about modded minecraft and why they like it or why they don't like it.
Oh, and don't just say "I like modded minecraft because its cool."

I personally enjoy playing modded minecraft when I feel like vanilla is at a point in which it feels stale, having nothing to do. I know I could make an automated this and an automated that, but I think modded minecraft is something that "fills the void."

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I like Minecraft because it functions as an entertaining outlet for my creativity. I cant draw, 3d model or anything, but I can imagine things like architecture and stuff quite vividly in my head. So since I cant plug a cable into my head and make it appear on screen directly, Minecraft is probably the next best thing.

And when it comes to vanilla Minecraft vs modded MC I would guess it somewhat compares to a "tiny piece of chalk" vs "3d Studio Max".

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Changing modpacks and learning new mods makes the game different every time. With vanilla it tends to be way too much the same. I can accomplish a lot of tasks in a wide variety of ways such as mining building or ore processing materials. Its more fun IMO to change the way I do stuff so I can always have a unique play through.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Even most servers out there are modded (mostly with Bukkit plugins), and I'm not referring to stuff like property and chest protection.
There are generally a lot more possibilities than with vanilla.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Because as much fun as vanilla can be, the huge variety of things I can do in modded keeps me interested in worlds far past having done all the vanilla stuff. Plus vanilla has no trains. And I like trains a lot. Also there's no vanilla flight except for boring creative mode.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Mods expand the game immensely. "Vanilla" Minecraft is certainly fun, but not enough fun to hold my attention for long periods of time. When you add mods to the game, there's a lot more things going on and a lot more things to do. Take a mod like GregTech Intergalactical - look at the wiki page - http://ftbwiki.org/GregTech - really look at it, scroll down the entire page and look at all those items added to "Vanilla" Minecraft. Thousands!! And that's just one mod - granted, it may be the biggest mod of all, but it's still just one mod of many mods available to add to the game. Each mod typically adds 100's of things to the game, and that is exactly what was required for the game to hold my attention for a time frame measured in years. I started with Vanilla Minecraft, we probably all did, and it was awesome fun for the first few months, but knowing myself I am certain I would not be playing it after the first year. I would have gotten bored with it because I don't have a huge desire to build stuff. I like to explore and figure out new mods and new machines and mine the new ores and process them and see what they can make... etc. I never get bored with modded Minecraft, it seems there is always something new to do, something fresh and exciting. Notch and Mojang gets all the credit for making this fun game, but the "mod community" gets all my credit for helping to keep my interest in the game going.

This is the perfect example of why I feel "open source" is the only way for humans to progress. If Mojang had locked the game up and refused to allow modding, it would have put such a sour damper on the gaming world. We would have none of this fun we're having. I wish other companies realized this fact, but of course the almighty dollar (the prophet of profit) rules our world. And on that note, I will quit typing and climb down off my soapbox. LOL (Microsoft? hahahaha That's a good one! sigh)

Last edited:

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
I do it for the lolz...jk

I play minecraft in general to escape the rules of the real world. To create things ranging from sprawling cities, to surviving with my own bare hands. But for some people(Us FTBers) Vanilla can only quench the inferno of ideas for so long. So we come to modded. Adding hundreds, THOUSANDS, of features that expand on minecraft, making surviving, building, and beyond, increasingly better.

Reactions: rdemay91

FMZerek

Jul 29, 2019
With vanilla, there seems to be no goal other than build whatever you like. Modded MC has goals to accomplish and to become as OP as possible. (And no, I don't mean be as bundled as sticks as possible)

Geckogamer

Jul 29, 2019
It is gigantic in both depth and complexity
It allows me to do automation i always wanted to do and gives me a lot more sensible goals i can work to
The fact that i make real industrial building is just everything i wanted

send from a thing

Reactions: Whovian

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
I'm siding with miss Harley here. It has impressive complexity, mod authors are often rather ingenuous, and the processes of automation and building are both more possible and more rewarding IMHO.