Custom Villager Mod

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Does anyone know of a mod that lets you add your own custom villagers with custom trades, while also being able to configure the weight/chance of them appearing and also the textures they use?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a mod that lets you add your own custom villagers with custom trades, while also being able to configure the weight/chance of them appearing and also the textures they use?

what about also having them drop items when killed, with configurable whitelist of items they drop and the drop chance?
I always find it weird how villagers don't drop anything upon death.

or perhaps have the option of villagers generating outside normal villages aswell? could always have some villagers that like to live alone or have been exiled

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
what about also having them drop items when killed, with configurable whitelist of items they drop and the drop chance?
I always find it weird how villagers don't drop anything upon death.

or perhaps have the option of villagers generating outside normal villages aswell? could always have some villagers that like to live alone or have been exiled
Perhaps have it so villagers have a small chance of dropping the items they are selling?

@Jadedcat was looking for a similar mod a few weeks ago. I don't recall if she found one though.
I found a mod that adds custom NPCs, or a way of doing custom villager trades in 1.8, but nothing (obvious) for 1.7.10.

I'm looking to implement a basic exchange/trade system limited to specific items and a new unique currency. I was thinking of either using HQM and adjust the quest book to be a craftable portable exchanger with repeatable quests, or what I feel to be a bit more interesting, is have new villagers that will trade for the currency, and buy with that currency. Basically a more tightly controlled/limited EMC type system.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Hardcoded? shudder...

In which case, I'll take a look at HQM and turn that not into a quest system, but a trade/shop system.