Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asdfth12

Jul 29, 2019
Jar didn't work, and direct export to the crystalizers wouldn't work either due to the number I'm running.

stentninja

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to play ftb offline? I don't have access to the Internet on my pc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is it possible to play ftb offline? I don't have access to the Internet on my pc

You need to have connected to Mojang at least once before you can play offline. So if your PC absolutely cannot connect to the internet at all, you're out of luck. You might be able to figure out where it stores the "yes I have connected once" information and copy it from one PC to another, but I don't know how that is held. It might be tricky to get anyone to tell you, as that could enable people to play without having an account.

Last edited:

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019

Yes, it is. You'll have to use MultiMC and log at least once with your account. Another option is making a wi-fi hotspot with your phone; I wont cite any specific apps because I don't know any - I just know it's possible.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Yes, it is. You'll have to use MultiMC and log at least once with your account. Another option is making a wi-fi hotspot with your phone; I wont cite any specific apps because I don't know any - I just know it's possible.

The term for using a phone is called "Tethering" and will most likely work via the USB charging cable if it is supported at all. Using your phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot will only be supported on more expensive phones. All of this supposes that your provider enables the service, of course. Most larger providers actually have a separate wireless access point they'd rather sell you, though.

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
The term for using a phone is called "Tethering" and will most likely work via the USB charging cable if it is supported at all. Using your phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot will only be supported on more expensive phones. All of this supposes that your provider enables the service, of course. Most larger providers actually have a separate wireless access point they'd rather sell you, though.

I assume there's an app for iPhones too? I remember someone doing that once, but I don't dabble in the world of mobile phones, so I can only assume.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
When I had an iPhone I had to pay £5 extra a month for wifi hotspot functionality. When I replaced it with an Android, I got it for free.

Anyway back on topic, I have a creative world and I want to set up a bunch of single-aspect nodes. The random creative node gives me pure aqua and terra nodes, and I can go to the Nether and it will give me ignis nodes, I think The End gives me ordo nodes, but I can't get a pure aer or perdito node. It seems to be biome related. Any suggestions how I get these? DW20 pack.

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
When I had an iPhone I had to pay £5 extra a month for wifi hotspot functionality. When I replaced it with an Android, I got it for free.

Anyway back on topic, I have a creative world and I want to set up a bunch of single-aspect nodes. The random creative node gives me pure aqua and terra nodes, and I can go to the Nether and it will give me ignis nodes, I think The End gives me ordo nodes, but I can't get a pure aer or perdito node. It seems to be biome related. Any suggestions how I get these? DW20 pack.
If you use the /mt hand command from Minetweaker while holding a node in a jar, you'll be able to see the NBT structure data for nodes in jars. From there, you can use the /give command t with the info you got in order to spawn whatever node you desire. There was a post a while ago on /r/feedthebeast on how to do that, but I can't find it on google.

EDIT: There you go.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Any simple way to detect if an Extra Utilities drum is full?

Vanilla comparators don't seem to work.