Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Scientist... Religion... Stereotypes... you missed the perfect chance for a joke
To my knowledge it isn't in practice any more nor has it been for hundreds of years (which is for the better as there is some human sacrifice), so not really common knowledge.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Now the million-dollar questions:
  1. Can this be done quickly?
  2. How do I use this??
  3. Can I do this without people accusing me of stealing logins?
1. The interwebz aren't normally that slow.
2. No idea. (you are supposed to be the smart one! :p)
3. They would whatever you do.

C

chbachman

Now the million-dollar questions:
  1. Can this be done quickly?
  2. How do I use this??
  3. Can I do this without people accusing me of stealing logins?
  1. IDK
  2. IDK
  3. Why bother? Just steal ALL the logins. That way people don't yell at you for something that you don't do.

Reactions: 1SDAN and CoolSquid

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
People are complaining about the smallest things... Like, Reika giving himself access to some extra features? I do that too.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Reactions: PierceSG and 1SDAN

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I just realized: The names are still specified as usernames, so getting the UUID is pointless; it will still break if anyone changes their name. That said, UUIDs are faster to compare...

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
I just realized: The names are still specified as usernames, so getting the UUID is pointless; it will still break if anyone changes their name. That said, UUIDs are faster to compare...
Make them specify their UUIDs then?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Random question:

Does anyone know how to fetch UUIDs from a player name (not from the player entity itself, as I need it during game load)? The only code I could find was from digging through the authentication code, something I am not going to touch with a lightyear-long pole.

Side note: Mojang's authentication system is called Yggradsil. What kind of name is that?! It sounds like what you would have if you let your cat took a crap on a keyboard.
coming to this thread for information? madness.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
I got a person harassing me over giving myself the renders in the dev environment, within 24 hours of the code being public.
https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/Dra...iary/Trackers/PlayerSpecificRenderer.java#L59

I'm not sure how you can 'give' yourself a 'render'. a 'renderer' yes, but a 'render'... huh?
I'm guessing you're giving yourself a special debug renderer in a dev environment to point out variables and stuff. No reasonable person would give a damn about that...

either that or an awesome special player model like RWTema made himself (which glossing through the git a second time looks more likely... some of that goes over my head though.)
did he get this kind of flak when he made that sword for himself, before it was acquirable in some roundabout ridiculous way?

Reactions: pc_assassin
Status
Not open for further replies.