[1.7.10] Phoenix Reborn [Tech/Magic] [Progression] [Ores]

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried to make a broken villager spawner, which according to NEI I can, and it won't let me. Have villager spawners been disabled?

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
Reporting a crash / save corrupting bug:

Placing a portable tank (from Thermal Expansion) of water on top of a fluidic armor infuser allows filling armor with water. Equipping the armor then causes a crash and corrupts the save file (trying to load the world after that causes another crash).
I've got a crash log attached.

On a side note, do you know if MCEdit can remove a player's armor? I've never used MCEdit before.

Edit: I tested this some more: This crash appears to be reproducible with any non-CoFH liquid (I also tested it with lava), but filling the liquids into the fluidic armor infuser only works when using a portable in tank in output mode.

Also, I can't seem to figure out how to remove my armor using MCEdit or any other external program. Guess that world is gone for good.

Edit2: NBTExplorer did the trick. I had to remove two copies of each FLORA tag, one in playerdata, one in level.dat, but I managed to recover my world. I'm relieved, I spent a lot of work on that world.

Attachments

• crash-2015-02-01_14.30.48-server.txt
    23.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Reporting a crash / save corrupting bug:

Placing a portable tank (from Thermal Expansion) of water on top of a fluidic armor infuser allows filling armor with water. Equipping the armor then causes a crash and corrupts the save file (trying to load the world after that causes another crash).
I've got a crash log attached.

On a side note, do you know if MCEdit can remove a player's armor? I've never used MCEdit before.

Edit: I tested this some more: This crash appears to be reproducible with any non-CoFH liquid (I also tested it with lava), but filling the liquids into the fluidic armor infuser only works when using a portable in tank in output mode.

Also, I can't seem to figure out how to remove my armor using MCEdit or any other external program. Guess that world is gone for good.

Edit2: NBTExplorer did the trick. I had to remove two copies of each FLORA tag, one in playerdata, one in level.dat, but I managed to recover my world. I'm relieved, I spent a lot of work on that world.
Oh boy. Reporting that to the devs.

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
Another random bug I found.
I can't make a Tesseract. I have the ingredients, a full tesseract frame, 4 silver, 4 brass. Put 'em in a crafting table in the right configuration, and nothing. No Tesseract. I cheated in one and threw the ingredients away earlier, and it looks like I'll have to do that again to make my Resonant Exchanger.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Another random bug I found.
I can't make a Tesseract. I have the ingredients, a full tesseract frame, 4 silver, 4 brass. Put 'em in a crafting table in the right configuration, and nothing. No Tesseract. I cheated in one and threw the ingredients away earlier, and it looks like I'll have to do that again to make my Resonant Exchanger.
Erm, try a different type of brass. You can probably get a kind that works via pulverising the ingots and smelting the dust. For some reason, one of the four types of Brass does not want to work in the recipe. I think it will be an easy fix, just have to look at why.

Anyway, the update should come out sometime tomorrow, if all goes as planned.

msjubilee

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I'm not understanding this, but I started playing this pack a few days ago, and I'm having trouble creating a tier2 Blood Altar. I've got the right shape, but idk what blocks to make the pillars out of (Blood Magic says I need glowstone, but I haven't even been to erebus, much less the nether). I've used clay and dirt so far, but it's not working. Do I need to use iron for the caps? I'll be trying that next, but I'm tired of guessing.

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I'm not understanding this, but I started playing this pack a few days ago, and I'm having trouble creating a tier2 Blood Altar. I've got the right shape, but idk what blocks to make the pillars out of (Blood Magic says I need glowstone, but I haven't even been to erebus, much less the nether). I've used clay and dirt so far, but it's not working. Do I need to use iron for the caps? I'll be trying that next, but I'm tired of guessing.
Glowstone is required for Tier 3, not Tier 2. To make a Tier 2 Altar, you just make a ring of 8 blood runes around the Altar, like so:
2015-02-02_21.05.19.png
If you haven't been to the Erebus yet, you can't make a Tier 3 Altar, but the Tier 2 Altar as shown in the picture is enough to get you the slates to get into the Erebus.

Reactions: msjubilee

msjubilee

Jul 29, 2019
Glowstone is required for Tier 3, not Tier 2. To make a Tier 2 Altar, you just make a ring of 8 blood runes around the Altar, like so:
View attachment 14542
If you haven't been to the Erebus yet, you can't make a Tier 3 Altar, but the Tier 2 Altar as shown in the picture is enough to get you the slates to get into the Erebus.
That explains everything. Thanks so much!

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
Erm, try a different type of brass. You can probably get a kind that works via pulverising the ingots and smelting the dust. For some reason, one of the four types of Brass does not want to work in the recipe. I think it will be an easy fix, just have to look at why.

Anyway, the update should come out sometime tomorrow, if all goes as planned.
I'm guessing things haven't gone as planned? D=
Hopefully the update happens before my next Phoenix Reborn stream, I really wanna start on my AE system, so that I can get rid of all the random chests of junk from around my base. >.<

But seriously, keep up the good work. This has been the best pack I have played. The only one to actually keep my attention without having HQM in it.

Reactions: ThomazM

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I'm guessing things haven't gone as planned? D=
Hopefully the update happens before my next Phoenix Reborn stream, I really wanna start on my AE system, so that I can get rid of all the random chests of junk from around my base. >.<

But seriously, keep up the good work. This has been the best pack I have played. The only one to actually keep my attention without having HQM in it.
Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I had to do another FTB thing, so that took priority. I'm going to probably have time to work on that today, so that's good.

Reactions: Omnirach

GBattaglia

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to have various players reporting "Time Out" errors on my server running PR. The issue is supposedly not on their end client-side, and our hardware is also up to the task. Do you have any idea what may be causing such an issue?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I seem to have various players reporting "Time Out" errors on my server running PR. The issue is supposedly not on their end client-side, and our hardware is also up to the task. Do you have any idea what may be causing such an issue?
I'm not certain. The best person to consult here would probably be @Elec332 , as he's had experience running a Phoenix Reborn server

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
New update, 1.0.19!
Client: http://ftb.cursecdn.com/FTB2/privatepacks/PhoenixReborn/1_0_19/PhoenixReborn.zip
Server: http://ftb.cursecdn.com/FTB2/privatepacks/PhoenixReborn/1_0_19/PhoenixRebornServer.zip
Changelog:
Code:
* Fixed immibis chunkloaders not going past 25 chunks total
* Changed launchGUI to only appear when InfiniteInvo is enabled, warning the players to watch out for their armour slots
* EMC Stuff
* Added a Mutation for Mushroom Spores from Pam's
* Fixed ore spawning where it wasn't supposed to
* Fixed the false override of Blacksmith Chests
* Removed the Induction Smelter Steel recipe
* Updated Sugar Cane's tooltip
* Fixed the ME Controller using Skystone
* Raised the EnderGenic Generator's output
* Updated ProjectE
* Updated Botania
* Updated RFTools
And I'll take this opportunity to thank all of you for sticking with me through development. Everyone's playtime combined, we've already played this pack for more than a year. I'm very thankful you all allowed me the wonderful opportunity to keep making this pack. I'm not planning on ending development anytime soon, but I just looked at the YAMPST tracker, and I really felt the need to thank you.

Last edited:

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the update! I'll get to playing this later today.
Actually, regarding Pam's HarvestCraft: Is there any way to get fruit trees other than apple? A lot of Pam's Recipes use fruits, and not having fruit trees limits my selection of available food recipes a lot. Not that I really need more or better food, I can survive easily on just apple pie, but having more options would go a long way to add more flavour to the pack. I also don't see any way to get Sunflowers / Cooking Oil.

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the update! I'll get to playing this later today.
Actually, regarding Pam's HarvestCraft: Is there any way to get fruit trees other than apple? A lot of Pam's Recipes use fruits, and not having fruit trees limits my selection of available food recipes a lot. Not that I really need more or better food, I can survive easily on just apple pie, but having more options would go a long way to add more flavour to the pack. I also don't see any way to get Sunflowers / Cooking Oil.
Villagers. There are some villagers you can trade with to get the saplings. I have a small number of trees from this, though I don't need them as I have a villager who will trade me some epic food for emeralds.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So question, how do you get eggs? Because my chickens don't seem to be laying any, is it just on some super long timer or something?

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
Villagers. There are some villagers you can trade with to get the saplings. I have a small number of trees from this, though I don't need them as I have a villager who will trade me some epic food for emeralds.
Thanks. I haven't tried villagers yet, guess I'll just transmute some.

So question, how do you get eggs? Because my chickens don't seem to be laying any, is it just on some super long timer or something?
I definitely got at least one egg from a chicken, so I guess you just got unlucky with the timer. At least I got one in the previous version.
If chickens don't work out for you, you could always try mutating some soybeans and using tofu instead.

To the devs:
FLORA seems ridiculously overpowered, even moreso than ProjectE. I've only got the Redstone Set, and there seems to be nothing in the game I can take any damage from. I've just been to the Deep dark, it was a lot easier than I imagined.

Apart from that, there's some weird stuff going on with NEI and the Witches Oven, for example, if I look up the recipes for a red mushroom, NEI says I can get one by cooking a grilled mushroom in the Witches Oven. This only happens if I hover over a red or brown mushroom and press NEI's recipe key, the recipe isn't listed otherwise. Also, asking NEI for the usage of a Beetle Larva tells me I can make it into all sorts of things in the oven, such as grasshopper legs or titan chops.
Actually putting any of these items into the Witches Oven does nothing.
Lastly, are you supposed to get 240 pieces of sulfur by putting nether sulfur ore into the grindstone? It's not a recipe I used a lot apart from confirming that it works, because the grindstone is annoying, but it's still an absurdly high number.