AE2 - Why is the Charger so finicky?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Here's how I view this kinda stuff - naturally, we want to automate everything. However, sometimes it's simply more trouble than it is worth. Charged Certus Quartz, for instance... I just sit there with a stack of Certus and put them into the Charger one by one, and I wait until I have 64 Charged Certus. Then I go make my Fluix Crystals by hand. I can pretty much guarantee I will be done long before the OP has figured out how to automate the Charger. That's not a knock on anybody, like I say, we all have the goal to automate everything in this game - but my point is, sometimes it just isn't worth it and I just take the time and do it manually. I dunno about you, but once I've got a couple of stacks of Fluix Dust, I really don't use the Charger after that point, I really have no need for 50 stacks of Charged Certus or Fluix.
If you automate them you can do other stuff while they're cooking.
I'm not sure how expansive of an AE system you usually build, but it gets tedious after a while when you make your system larger.

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
I tend to not automate charged certus quartz. Just mining in the overworld I always seem to get enough of the charge to build everything that needs it and if I have some form of automated mining I get plenty from that. I do know that its RNG that determines the spawning and such but I've never had a problem finding it or meteors. So I never really use or make the charger. And 7/10 I get charged before regular.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one around here who makes somewhat frequent use of Fluix dust and pure Fluix crystals? :p

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
No I use them a lot but I get lucky and find enough charged that I don't need to automate the charger