Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Cake - wait, no, we're out of stock, so death

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Well, I never made one of these. I joined this forum on the 29th of December, in 2012, so I've been here quite a long time. I've gone through a fair bit, and may as well share my story.
So, I joined a little over two years ago, because I saw all the cool things people did and talked about here, and wanted to be involved.
Eventually, I learned that there was more to the FTB forums than just serious discussion, there was actually a lot of fun stuff - forums games, making jokes with the other regulars, and of course, the fabled No Topic Thread.
There, I managed to make a fair few friends - Gpuzzle, Liara, Exedra, Ferg, Lambert, just to name a few of many other NTTers who were all awesome. Sadly many of these guys don't come here any more for various reasons, though I know a couple still are here, especially @goreae :p Luckily, I still keep in contact with most of my NTTer buds at http://notopic.freeforums.org/index.php
Because reasons, it got shut down, but on another note, I joined my first text-based roleplay here - the misnomered School for Roleplay, created by another NTTer, Bellaabzug. From there I've gone on to become a reasonably experienced roleplayer, and have started RPs of my own here. I met yet again a few more people there, notably @ThatsAPaddling, who I still sometimes roleplay with.
I've been through every generation of werewolf games, helping start a few, as well as having been its organiser until recent obligations sadly meant I no longer had time to play werewolf, at least to any reasonable degree without just anti-smiting in a daily post.
Of more recent times, last year in fact, I joined the phoenix team, around the same time as Gideon, though of course he's just a tiny bit better than me at most things in modded minecraft :D
The phoenix team grew, though we sadly lost a couple of good people along the way. But we still kept going, releasing packs, getting more and more well-known, and eventually we were hugely lucky, and were invited to join the FTB team. Now we've all got big responsibilities, "these opinions are mine and don't represent those of FTB" etc. and it kinda feels cool, being part of something so huge and so awesome. Like my opinions mean something - or, at least people think they do :p
So, this is probably the longest post I've ever made, and I'm actually pretty proud to have come this far - from just trying to contribute, to being a part of the FTB team. Thanks, to all the NTTers, to all from the School for Roleplay, to the players and organisers of werewolf, to the Phoenix Team, and to the FTB Team, for making the forums where all of this incredible journey happened.
I hope only that it will never have to end, though I know that one day, I'll have to move on. I'd like to keep that grave day as far ahead of me as possible, for as long as possible.
Thank you, to everyone.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
*waves* Hail and well met, good sir! :D

I had a feeling you must have been about for a while! Thank you for the kind greetings you gave me, and may I offer the same to you *shakes hand*

RP, you say? AWESOME. I need to check this out... :)

- GwnG

Reactions: the_j485

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
*waves* Hail and well met, good sir! :D

I had a feeling you must have been about for a while! Thank you for the kind greetings you gave me, and may I offer the same to you *shakes hand*

RP, you say? AWESOME. I need to check this out... :)

- GwnG
I've got one going now. Just search around in forum games for "Parahumans OOC" or such, and there are some links held within.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: Padfoote