Repair Enchant on Sanguine Armor Not Working

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the MFR auto-enchanter to apply repair II, protection IV, and unbreaking III to my complete set of sanguine armor from Blood Magic and when repair II is the only enchant on the robes it works because it repaired them from 200ish after being auto-disenchanted to 770ish. Then I applied protection IV and they stopped healing themselves. The rest of the pieces also refuse to repair themselves with the other enchants laid on top.

Is this a bug in BM (or with Thaumcraft's repair enchant) or is this intended behavior? Finding definitive documentation on Blood Magic can be like grabbing smoke. My goal is some armor to keep my alive during node hunting at night that also grants maximum vis discount and self repairs. Maybe I just need to drop protection IV? Thanks!

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Odd now with only repair II on my sanguine robes they are not repairing at all.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Definitive documentation on Blood Magic is like grabbing smoke? I wrote all there was to write on the OP of my forum thread.

My apologies, now that you point that out I see there is a ton of information in that post. I can't say that it ever came up in the first few pages of Google search results whenever I searched something more specific than "blood magic" which is how I found the OP you refer to. No offense intended.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the MFR auto-enchanter to apply repair II, protection IV, and unbreaking III to my complete set of sanguine armor from Blood Magic and when repair II is the only enchant on the robes it works because it repaired them from 200ish after being auto-disenchanted to 770ish. Then I applied protection IV and they stopped healing themselves. The rest of the pieces also refuse to repair themselves with the other enchants laid on top.

Is this a bug in BM (or with Thaumcraft's repair enchant) or is this intended behavior? Finding definitive documentation on Blood Magic can be like grabbing smoke. My goal is some armor to keep my alive during node hunting at night that also grants maximum vis discount and self repairs. Maybe I just need to drop protection IV? Thanks!

tools and armor can't have both unbreaking and repair, they can only have one of the two

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
tools and armor can't have both unbreaking and repair, they can only have one of the two
Good to know. I'm thinking now the item itself is glitched perhaps. I removed everything but repair II with the auto-disenchanter and everything still refuses to repair. I'm going to make a fresh set, slap repair II on it, and take some damage to see if it works.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Actually the Repair enchant is coded to only work on thaumcraft items (that incorporate thaumium usually allthough there are exceptions). If you try to apply Repair to an item using the anvil (while not in creative mode) the Repair enchant should not go onto items it doesn't support.

While thaumcraft will not put unbreaking and repair on an item at the same time, you can using other mods (or just a vanilla anvil) apply both enchants and the resulting item will work fine.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
And repair isn't free. You got to have vis provided either by those baubles that holds vis or a wand with vis.

I'm not entirely sure which vis it uses though.

Reactions: ChemE

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
And repair isn't free. You got to have vis provided either by those baubles that holds vis or a wand with vis.

I'm not entirely sure which vis it uses though.
PierceSG nailed it! Once I put a wand with vis back in my inventory repair immediately started functioning properly even for those pieces of armor that have Protection IV, Unbreaking III, and Repair II. Is it documented anywhere that the Sanguine Armor requires vis to recharge? My GoogleFu must be weak because I didn't find any mention of this on the interwebs.