What's new in modded minecraft today?

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! IT'S FINALLY BACK!!
LegendGear 2!

Overview of Features

(Note: LegendGear 2.b.0.1 is an early beta version; certain world generation features are not yet implemented, and some items and features may seem to have no apparent purpose.)

starPieceAnim.gif
Falling Stars
Falling stars are a central focus of LegendGear 2. When in the dark under an open sky at night, from time to time a star will fall out of the sky. If you collect it before it disintegrates, you'll be rewarded with a star piece, used in crafting all kinds of things. A star piece can be broken into 3 stardust, and nine of them can be assembled into a starstone. Right-clicking with a star piece in hand will infuse it with 3 of your experience levels, turning it into an infused star piece, which can likewise be crafted into infused counterparts of the above.

starGlassAnim.gif
Starglass
Sand and stardust combined and then smelted will create starglass, a form of glass that can both contain and conduct magical energy. A primary use of starglass is crafting it into a hollow starglass shell, which can then be filled with a variety of things... if you have some way to somehow put something inside a sealed glass sphere. Hmm.

dimensionalCatalyst.png
Dimensional Catalyst and Abstraction Gel
Infused stardust and an ender pearl can be combined to create dimensional catalyst, a substance that can teleport objects short distances. It is an essential tool when working with starglass shells, as it is the only way to put things inside them. Please do use caution when handling it, however.
Infused stardust and a slime ball make another important tool, abstraction gel, which can extract and reify a concept from another material, solidifying it into a nucleus. Nuclei are used to create a variety of potent magical objects.

starSteelAnim.gif
Starsteel
Iron and infused stardust can be fused to create starsteel, a magically energized metal. Normally, dimensional catalyst is used to embed the dust directly into the iron, though if you have a way to create iron dust, the dusts can be mixed and smelted. Currently its only use is to craft the magic boomerang, but other applications are certainly on the horizon...

twinkleStaff.png
Magic Staves
The staff is a new kind of weapon, used to cast an offensive spell in a medium-range area of effect. Charge it up by holding right click, and then release to cast the spell. Different staves provide different additional effects - the frost staff freezes water and slows enemies, while the ember staff melts ice and ignites foes. Use caution - you can hit yourself with your own spell if your targeted area includes you. Also, wearing armor will increase the time it takes to cast your spell, depending on how heavily armored you are.

itemEmeraldShard.png
Emerald Shards and Hearts
Adventuring is lucrative! Enemies can drop emerald shards when slain, which can be combined into emerald pieces by right-clicking or crafting 8 of them. Emerald pieces can similarly be converted to emeralds - it takes 8 pieces (or 64 shards) to make one full emerald. Enemies might also drop hearts, which heal you instantly when collected. Emerald shards and hearts can also occasionally be found by breaking tall grass, though there are limits to the effectiveness of this approach.
There's images on the MCF thread, as there were too many to post here! :)

NPException

Jul 29, 2019
@NPException + @Jezzadabomb338 with Dimensional Pockets
NPException said:
  • Added
    • Config option to disable/enable chunk loading of pocket rooms
  • Changed
    • Pocket room generation. No more "noisy neighbours". Pockets are now spaced 20 chunks apart, so you neither have to render stuff from other pockets, nor hear noises from them or even have them loaded. That's just the case for newly generated pockets though.
    • Buffed up the update check a bit
  • Fixed
    • Horrible, horrible bug which was fortunately not noticeable in earlier versions

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! IT'S FINALLY BACK!!There's images on the MCF thread, as there were too many to post here! :)

It's bin back for a while. And if you look closely you'll notice that most of the really cool stuff isn't there anymore. Or rather isn't yet. Though with his slow rate of updates... don't hold your breath.

Reactions: Yulife

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Is FTB as a brand disappearing?

No. Absolutely not. I am doubling my efficiency. Testing my alpha packs and the client tools at the same time.

Sorry.. I am lazy. Don't want to make a pack just for testing the client when I have 2 Alpha's I am already working on.

Think of this as the Third Party section of FTB launcher. The pack isn't by FTB so it doesn't say FTB.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
No. Absolutely not. I am doubling my efficiency. Testing my alpha packs and the client tools at the same time.

Sorry.. I am lazy. Don't want to make a pack just for testing the client when I have 2 Alpha's I am already working on.

Think of this as the Third Party section of FTB launcher. The pack isn't by FTB so it doesn't say FTB.
I'm still confused (is it an FTB launcher or not?) but I appreciate your trying to clarify for me.

sinkillerj

Jul 29, 2019
His screenshots are impressive to say the least.

It's kinda ironic that this picture was released at almost the same time I updated ProjectE with:
* NEW: EE2 textures are now implemented per community vote and permission from x3n0ph0b3
* NEW: Classic ProjectE textures are now a separate download
* NEW: EE2 sounds partially implemented
* NEW: Filter textbox added to transmutation GUI
* NEW: NEI is no longer required for transmutation GUI filtering
* NEW: Version format changed
* NEW: Portuguese language file
* FIXED: Transmutation GUI desync
* FIXED: Incorrect max charge levels

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still confused (is it an FTB launcher or not?) but I appreciate your trying to clarify for me.
Well it's going to replace the FTB launcher. The FTB team will publish their packs through this launcher, and other people will be able to do so as well.
Just as mods and texture packs can be hosted on Curse at the moment, there will be a section for modpacks as well.

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

That's the Curse Client. The FTB Launcher is going to be integrated into it. (As I understand it) So instead of currently where you have FTB Packs, and Third Party Packs on the launcher, and the FTB team has to check permissions and stuff for the Third Party packs, you'll have an FTB section and a everything else section. The everything else section will have third party packs, mods, resourcepacks etc. Basically a way to hook into Curse.com without visiting the website and download/install the content on Curse.com without searching for your folder.