[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
So many dayblooms :( This makes me sad, there are so many other options to get mana other than spamming passive flowers. A good endoflame farm with open crates dropping charcoal onto pressure plates fed by hoppers using redstone to turn it off when an Item is on the pressure plate.

Spacecowboy

Jul 29, 2019
So many dayblooms :( This makes me sad, there are so many other options to get mana other than spamming passive flowers. A good endoflame farm with open crates dropping charcoal onto pressure plates fed by hoppers using redstone to turn it off when an Item is on the pressure plate.

Eventually I'll get around to updating things now that I do have the top tier stuff and am nearly done with T3 seeds. honestly, this was the best manner for my style of play, as I tend to minimize MC a ton while doing other things. This way, even though it takes a ton more flowers, I can sit back and not have to worry about it regulating itself or anything. Sides... I like lazy ways. Nothing to do with almost no knowledge of what you said, nope, none at all. hah.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i always have bad luck with the Mandrakes. Those fun little plants that everyone loves doesn't want to cross breed for me. rofl

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Last chance to have bugs fixed for 0.6.3 as I'll probably be releasing it tomorrow. If you've found a bug in the quests or elsewhere in the pack, check the running changelog (its linked in the first post) and if it's not covered let me know.

Reactions: rivvest

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
So... I kinda started noticing the quest book lag...

And it made me think, since there is no lag on the start page, no lag on the quest detail, only when you can select chapters or the quests inside the chapters! And, without looking at code I can think of one reason why this could be happening. Quest availability checking!
The huge number of quests could not be the problem since other packs have same or higher number but the number of dependencies on the quests could be a problem. And it could be being magnified by the reputation system. Probably, when the quest book is open, it is always checking if all the dependencies for a quest are made at every tick. When you only have a few quests available, this is a fast process since the processing stops down the tree as soon as you haven't the requirements necessary. But once you start getting a lot of open quests, the tree gets bigger and takes more time to check. With reputation and many quests dependencies from other chapters, not only gets bigger as its also more complex and takes more time to check! And this could be even worst if for some reason, the system checks for availability on all quests in the book and not only the ones in the current chapter and their dependencies.

One fast test, just remove all or most of the dependencies on the quests and see if still lags.

BooGotShot

Jul 29, 2019

How about 108 endoflames with a water trench between them. Drop the coal into a hopper and use a comparator to turn off the buildcraft pipe. The coal comes from a forestry tree farm/biofuel generator.

108.jpg

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need to redstone at your stage. Redstone seeds are a Strong tier seed (out of Weak, Regular, Strong and Extreme). No recipe that you're intended to use at your level of completion has redstone as a component.
Something's confusing me. Earlier on I looked up the recipe for the redstone engine, and I feel sure I saw the piston needed a lever(!) rather than redstone dust.

But now, it *does* need redstone dust (which I still don't know how I'm going to get without witchery).

Is that a thing? The recipe changing during the game - or am I losing it? :confused:

tblade2001

Jul 29, 2019
Something's confusing me. Earlier on I looked up the recipe for the redstone engine, and I feel sure I saw the piston needed a lever(!) rather than redstone dust.

But now, it *does* need redstone dust (which I still don't know how I'm going to get without witchery).

Is that a thing? The recipe changing during the game - or am I losing it? :confused:

The piston should need a lever instead of redstone. I've always had the recipe like that. But several pages ago, people have been noticing that sometimes their recipes revert. It's an odd bug that only affects some people. Some of the suggestions I've seen is just to relaunch the mod pack, or, if that fails, forcing a reinstall of the modpack.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
The piston should need a lever instead of redstone. I've always had the recipe like that. But several pages ago, people have been noticing that sometimes their recipes revert. It's an odd bug that only affects some people. Some of the suggestions I've seen is just to relaunch the mod pack, or, if that fails, forcing a reinstall of the modpack.

Thank god for that. I did actually try restarting before, but it only reverted when I closed the launcher as well. Cheers!

babassoonist

Jul 29, 2019
endo flames are getting a nerf pretty soon btw just thougt you all should be aware for the next time phoenix updates

kremlar68

Jul 29, 2019
Am I missing some method to get started on tech in the spirit world? Iguana tweaks' flint from gravel recipe is disabled, but flint dropping from gravel is still disabled, and slate doesn't spawn on the spirit world side.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Am I missing some method to get started on tech in the spirit world? Iguana tweaks' flint from gravel recipe is disabled, but flint dropping from gravel is still disabled, and slate doesn't spawn on the spirit world side.
It does, but underground so you'll need to do a little bit of caving. Vanilla ores also generate underground there to make things a bit easier.

laod

Jul 29, 2019
Such safe flowers. How about an entropinium setup that uses a cart loop and railcraft loader/unloader as a timer?

EDIT:

It's craftable once you have gold, redstone, and the rune of wrath.

The combination of redstone engine, cobble pipe, and loader/unloader gets you a long enough delay.

I mocked it up in a test world so you could see the premise. This is not exactly how it looks in survival (only one mana pool, etc)
LvQHuIu.png

EDIT2: This exact configuration blew up a few minutes after this screenshot. I think some of the mana spreaders didn't have line of sight.

EDIT3: You really need to bind each entropinnium to it's own mana spreader. I only have one flower in my survival setup.

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Quick question. How far out can the Mana producing flowers be and still send mana to the Mana pulse thing?

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question. How far out can the Mana producing flowers be and still send mana to the Mana pulse thing?
6 block radius. That is an actual circular radius and not square. (as in it doesn't cover a 13x13 block area) Hopperhocks, on the other hand, are a 6 block square radius (13x13 block area) without mana, 12 block radius with mana.

Reactions: JustHeyo

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
And I've now submitted the update. Honestly this could have qualified as 0.7, but I've got big plans for that so even though it adds some new stuff, it's being 0.6.3
Mod Changes:
- Added Automagy version 0.18
- Added Bagginses version 1.2
- Added TC Node Tracker version 1.0.1
- Updated Agricraft to 1.2.2
- Updated Botania to 1.4-155
- Updated Carpenter's Blocks to 3.3.5
- Updated Forestry to 3.4.0.7
- Updated Mariculture to 1.2.4d-12
- Updated Storage Drawers to 1.2.2
- Updated Thaumcraft to 4.2.3.4
- Updated Thaumcraft NEI Plugin to 1.7
Config Changes:
- Agricraft
- Added tilled garden soil to soil whitelist, so it can now have crops placed on it and will not let vanilla farming occur anymore.
- Iguana TiC Tweaks
- Lowered mining level of Nether Rutile ore
- Minetweaker Scripts
- Fixed impure titanium being castable into titanium ingots
- Re-enable vanilla wooden and diamond swords due to being needed for witchery and FM respectively
- Disabled seed bags from Natura as they could bypass Vanilla farming being disabled
- Removed Cactus recipe from nature essence as it now has a crop which can be gotten through mutations
- Added recipes to obtain all the saplings from EBXL and Natura
- Added recipes to turn mushrooms into mushroom seeds
Quest Changes:
- Fixed Accidentally giving Creative mana tablets from quest "Moving More Mana"
- Lowered number of crafts required for "Blasting Off Again"
- Changed "Earthen Armaments" to require Elementium armour rather than Terrasteel, and changed the name to match
- Moved which harvest task in "Reclamation" that Nether Rutile was in
- Added a couple of new quests covering BC transport pipes in more detail to "What the World Enables"
- Added a couple of quests covering the bags from Bagginses to "What the World Embraces"
- "Guard Tree" now requires "Distilled Sunshine (Not Really)" instead of "Wicked Shrubbery"

laod

Jul 29, 2019
And I've now submitted the update. Honestly this could have qualified as 0.7, but I've got big plans for that so even though it adds some new stuff, it's being 0.6.3

- Added Automagy version 0.18
Farewell, goofy railcraft timer. I hardly knew ye.

Exciting update. Can't wait!