[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Ya know, I've been getting a vibe now, and I may well be wrong, but I figure it's about time I say it.

From what I can tell, karmachanger, you seem to have one very specific way you want every single person to play the pack, and if people start doing otherwise, you change recipes and nerf the crab out of the other ways as much as you can get away with so every single person who plays your pack plays it as close to the way you want it played as possible. I don't intend to offend, but this is how I see it. And honestly, it bugs the heck out of me that unless someone knows your exact stance on early-game hydration (and knows exactly how to do everything and all the recipe changes), they'll either die or have a terrible time trying to get hydration running.

The two biggest issues for me are all the recipe changes and the tedium. I've poked through NEI a version or few back, and if unless you've made massive changes, there's no way I'd be willing to put so much time into a lot of the mid-tier recipes. And not only that, I've used a few of the modpacks before, and all the changed recipes have thrown me for a loop. Most notably is the TiC seared faucet and casting table needing regular bricks. Every other recipe for seared whathaveyous uses seared bricks, and there's no indication that those two would need regular bricks. So I outright stopped for awhile when I saw that I couldn't make them. And it's been like that again and again. There've been times I go to make what used to be a simple recipe, and all of a sudden I need lumps of Galgadorian metal to get something going.

And then comes the tedium. I understand you want a slow pace. I get that. But at the same time, I'm only able to play small chunks at a time because when I see all the hoops I have to jump through to get what should be something simple, or how I need stacks upon stacks of iron just to get through one part of a quest, I just put the pack down like, "No," because I simply don't want to spend all my time grinding for the tiniest little thing that I'll have to spend more time on to get the materials to even be able to get to use, much less the infrastructure to sustain the use of it (and me rushing outside every five minutes to chop down a tree for the charcoal I need, or running out to a spire I've not been to to get more ores is not infrastructure).

In short, I've given up on this pack because it's gone from fun to an absolute grindfest where I'm stuck at my base all the time trying to support myself. And that's actually kind of sad, because I was really getting into it. I used to be like, "Holy balls, this pack is awesome, I can't wait to see where it goes. I bet all those planets have all sorts of cool things to do and I'll go back to each one again and again for all the stuff." But I'll never know because it's so tedious just to get myself comfortably set up that there's no way I can progress. And that's a shame.
1) Hydration has 2 paths, Leaves cider/ Snow.. There is even a quest giving you the free anvil...Starting Ore processing? you have Flaxbeard, Tinkers, and even Exnilho... so yea

2) Galgadorian is pretty easy now... please relook at the recipe.....

3) If you didnt notice galgadorian recipes mainly applies to Mekanism & Galacticraft & abit of EnderIO... this is to encourage you guys to focus on other mods rather then jumping straight to the easy path!

3) I am glad that you have once enjoyed the pack, however if this form of moderate grinding ( with the new recipe for galgadorian & Hardeners...) is not suitable for you, perhaps you have not found the most efficient way to automate your stuff... I have players already automated galgadorian production, and that was even BEFORE i made it dirt cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sheena-Tiger

smasheded

Jul 29, 2019
hey dude you pack is really good but my virus scanner picked this up you might what to fix it
C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\BlastOff\BlastOff.zip|>minecraft\mods\resources\ruins\templateparser\gayfuck.tml [E] The file is a decompression bomb. (42110)

MrOomi1974

Jul 29, 2019
Q1 Did you change the rewards for the runic alter? I don't recall the eggs?
Q2 Dose the mode smart moving is in effect food consumption and hydration?

Ur-anus.lover

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem, I cant reload my camel pack, Ive tried installing the newest version of enviromine but still doesnt work and trying drinking water bottles doesnt help

KayelGee

Jul 29, 2019

sniperblade9

Jul 29, 2019
@karmarcharger Are the new ruined bases with the random machine block have the chance to give meteor shield and/or weather deflectors? :D

EDIT: I also went and peeked at the meteors cfg file. Why are the frezarite and the krekonite meteors disabled?

I am pretty sure they disabled kreknorite or whatever because it could get you a portal to the nether and obsidian. You could also get a blaze to spawn if you destroy enough of them, which would be great because I could start enchanting. Within the first couple of days a couple updates ago, I got two that had portals. Now I destroy meteorites to get the red crystals to buff my shield because those meteors are massive and almost hit my house even with the meteor shield upgraded to 50 blocks. I have way too many meteors to mine now.

Also, I do not know why the frezarite ones are disabled. I never really used them.

Does anyone know what changed in the new update with the meteors?

Also, is there something that is good at cooling you off when I go to nether?

sniperblade9

Jul 29, 2019
@karmarcharger When I run the 1.2.2 version, my firewall stops the game from launching because \Java\jr1.8.0_31\bin\javaw.exe was said to be malicious. I know it is not and I ran into this problem before. Just wanted to mention it. Also, do you know who the girl is in your profile picture?

Is update 1.2.3 out yet in ftb because it only updates to 1.2.2 for me in ftb.

MrOomi1974

Jul 29, 2019
Dose any know where the map way points are stored? I keep losing mine. Granted I am playing on a server so that might be part of the problem.

samgo

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @karmarcharger, since everyone wants to give their opinion on the pack, I'll throw in my 0.05€ as well.

I love what you have done with this pack. Like Crash Landing, there is a difficulty in this pack unlike others since you have to monitor your health and related properties more closely. Sometimes it does take me a while to figure out how to do things with the changed recipes. I was trying for a long time to create a cast using the gold-aluminium alloy in a Ex Nihilo crucible, before I figured out you can do it with just gold. I also had some trouble figuring out how to create the casting table initially, but this is where plugins such as NEI are a great help. I do not mind that you have to look around for information, else it would be the (in my opinion) boring same as all the kitchen sink packs.

I was a bit bummed to begin with that there was no Thermal Expansion or Minefactory Reloaded as those were my go-to mods for early game progress. But this have forced me to look at other mods I normally would keep clear of. Obviously I've only just scratched the surface of this pack, but the "grindiness" of the pack allows for longevity in my mind.

Also, it is really impressive how you seem to haunt the forums at all times and offer help, as well as the frequent pack updates. Keep up the good work!

Vegard

Jul 29, 2019
@Karmacharger, Hey! Are the water bottles bugged. I'm drinking/using water bottles, but I don't seem to be regaining any thirst. And I also double checked that it's not the salt water bottles ... Halp? Or Am I simply stupid

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
@Karmacharger, Hey! Are the water bottles bugged. I'm drinking/using water bottles, but I don't seem to be regaining any thirst. And I also double checked that it's not the salt water bottles ... Halp? Or Am I simply stupid
Fresh water.

cederjack

Jul 29, 2019
@karmarcharger I Still Really need help! Every time I open the quest book in my server it crashes minecraft! And when I look for the crash log I cant Find it!

Also, When I tp to the spawn on my server I crash!

KayelGee

Jul 29, 2019
I just installed opis and tried to find the source of my fps drops but I can't really find it. The only thing I noticed is in areas where my fps drops there are many <ERROR> entities which seem to be the reason, but I don't know where to go from here to fix this.

MrOomi1974

Jul 29, 2019
@karmarcharger When I run the 1.2.2 version, my firewall stops the game from launching because \Java\jr1.8.0_31\bin\javaw.exe was said to be malicious. I know it is not and I ran into this problem before. Just wanted to mention it. Also, do you know who the girl is in your profile picture?

Is update 1.2.3 out yet in ftb because it only updates to 1.2.2 for me in ftb.
It take a while for the @Watchful11 to get the updates up on the servers