[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019
You can pump any liquid into it, but it doesn't appear to do anything. It will not decompose the liquid, and the "dump" button doesn't seem to work (it will look like it works, but checking the decomposer later the fluid will be back in there). I don't really know what it's for.
Not quite true. Water can be decomposed just fine, allowing an easy infinite source of hydrogen and oxygen.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
Not quite true. Water can be decomposed just fine, allowing an easy infinite source of hydrogen and oxygen.

Interesting. Pumping any of the chemicals into it does nothing. I got a few drums of various chemicals as rewards and tried pumping them in and it just didn't work.

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019
That much is true, unfortunately, which is why I didn't want to call you outright wrong. The fluid tank is not nearly as useful as it could be and perhaps should be. But it does have SOME functionality.

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
So hopefully flux crystals is fixed in the next update? I just got to those quests, and as soon as I powered the farm manager, crippling lag hit and I had to go into creative to break it and be able to play again.

louki0101

Jul 29, 2019
once i started on flux crystals my game started crashing so yea there are issues

What we did was grab the version of fluxedCrystals from ME4 ver 1.0.1 configs stay the same although we applied the json config file fix that adds the dimensionWhitelist. We had an additional issue because our server is Linux based: the seeds we made were not synced between client and server. This caused all sorts of wonkieness. So we took all the contents of the various .json files under the config/fluxedCrystals folder and put it into one so that both client and server loaded correctly (this wasn't an issue when we ran the server on a windows machine however) Now we are running great... getting pumped to get our first Legendary bag from them, we had to save forever to get the 10 required to make the first seed.

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting. Pumping any of the chemicals into it does nothing. I got a few drums of various chemicals as rewards and tried pumping them in and it just didn't work.
Fixed in the next minechem update. I manually updated it and it works fine.

Not sure if it's intended, but making one empty vial (from MineChem) gave me infinite of them. So you can just hold right-click on the drum of a chemical to get vials of it. Mind you, since it only takes 125mB per vial, it'll take a while before you manage to finish the drum, but assuming the empty one stays infinite in an autonomous activator, that could be a set-and-forget solution.

Liquid-Man

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or is NEI VERY!!! slow in updating when you try to search anything? Been trying to look for a possible solution/reason for a while, but I haven't been able to find anything usable

Edit: whenever I type something that I want to narrow the NEI list on, it takes several seconds for the window to update. I never had this issue with other modpacks

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Been enjoying the 2nd ^4 area (purple one where you hunt down the AE presses/plate thingies). Liquid Pyrorithium is your friend!
Just need to find the 2 remaining presses, I'm sure they are hidden somewhere "outside" of the "base" structure. Already have the wool for next area, but there's so much more to explore first.

Is there any way to remove a modifier off a tool? Been using an iron sword (quest reward I think) for a long time, so it's leveled up quite nicely and it's just gained Firey Aspect, which is a pain in the rear.

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
Been enjoying the 2nd ^4 area (purple one where you hunt down the AE presses/plate thingies). Liquid Pyrorithium is your friend!
Just need to find the 2 remaining presses, I'm sure they are hidden somewhere "outside" of the "base" structure. Already have the wool for next area, but there's so much more to explore first.

Is there any way to remove a modifier off a tool? Been using an iron sword (quest reward I think) for a long time, so it's leveled up quite nicely and it's just gained Firey Aspect, which is a pain in the rear.

The presses are:
In the area you find the tree's
In the area where you in the normal version found a lot of compressed sand/dirt/gravel
In the area where you in the normal version found a lot of red stuff
In the new chamber adjoined to the "Red" room. Bring lots of pyrotheum :) Be aware that one of the levels don't have ladders.

Reactions: Golrith

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
The presses are:
In the area you find the tree's
In the area where you in the normal version found a lot of compressed sand/dirt/gravel
In the area where you in the normal version found a lot of red stuff
In the new chamber adjoined to the "Red" room. Bring lots of pyrotheum :) Be aware that one of the levels don't have ladders.
Interesting, been to all those areas, and must have been totally blind :p
Spolier 4 I dealt with first, followed by Three, went to two but didn't see anything, and I must have forgot to look in that chest under the stairs for One. Oh well, the "base" is 100% safe now, so will go grab them, and resume grabbing the ores from "outside" the final place that allows mobs to spawn.

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, been to all those areas, and must have been totally blind :p
Spolier 4 I dealt with first, followed by Three, went to two but didn't see anything, and I must have forgot to look in that chest under the stairs for One. Oh well, the "base" is 100% safe now, so will go grab them, and resume grabbing the ores from "outside" the final place that allows mobs to spawn.
The place is a cake-walk compared to when the guys were zipping around like crazy :) Now they are all moving in a very slow and normal pace. Only place that is really horrible is the idea machine (Tip, turn down your volume before loading the area) and the nether-sphere^4 (All those blazes and ghasts)... Then again, Miners Delight ^4 is rather laggy,,, And Red is just annoying...

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
The place is a cake-walk compared to when the guys were zipping around like crazy :) Now they are all moving in a very slow and normal pace. Only place that is really horrible is the idea machine (Tip, turn down your volume before loading the area) and the nether-sphere^4 (All those blazes and ghasts)... Then again, Miners Delight ^4 is rather laggy,,, And Red is just annoying...
I have noticed the creepers appear to be faster and have greater explosions. Biggest fight I had on my hands was the initial zerg to the first 4 Fallen Knight spawners, the narrow corridor there helps with that. Actually found the Nether Sphere^3 to be more of a challenge.
Looking forward to the other areas, each area has been designed really nicely. You play this map, and don't really realise that you are playing a treasure hunt/adventuring map. Automation (before torchino quests which I think I have a basic idea of what they are going to require) is not really needed as such. I'm not even using my tinkers smeltery (dismantled it after the initial quests due to unusual lag)

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or is NEI VERY!!! slow in updating when you try to search anything? Been trying to look for a possible solution/reason for a while, but I haven't been able to find anything usable

Edit: whenever I type something that I want to narrow the NEI list on, it takes several seconds for the window to update. I never had this issue with other modpacks
I've had that happen to me all over the place(edit - by which I mean in many different modpacks). I don't know the cause. I've even had it stop working altogether until I restarted Minecraft. There was something in the console log that I wish I'd saved - basically, some part of the Minecraft environment thought the keyboard had detached, and therefore any attempt to check the keyboard state was erroring out. It may be worth monitoring your console when NEI is giving you trouble.

Last edited:

Liquid-Man

Jul 29, 2019
Been trying some searches now and nothing turns up in the console, it's also not lagging the game or anything, in fact I can still look up recipes if I use my mouse buttons on the items that are still in the NEI window.
I have a fast enough machine, everything is updated and MC has 8gb ram allocated. I run the server dedicated (not even sure you can play ME^4 in Single Player) and the guy that I'm playing this modpack with, has the same problems.

Edit: Tested an other install of the server too, it has the same issue

Edit2: After forcing the client to shutdown and restart FTB, it now seems to be just fine, very strange

Last edited:

whtvr

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question... it was mentioned earlier that you could disenchant items by putting them with a book in crafting interface, also the division sigil was mentioned as to keep the item after taking the enchantments or sth like that, but... how does it work? I put an item with enchantment and a book in crafting interface and nothing happens, is there a secret to it or what?

Liquid-Man

Jul 29, 2019
So, the NEI "problem" seems to intensify when I try to search any inventory with a Highlighted search, Then all the animated icons start to lag a bit and the game starts to feel laggy too, does anyone have a clue where I can try to troubleshoot this problem?

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question... it was mentioned earlier that you could disenchant items by putting them with a book in crafting interface, also the division sigil was mentioned as to keep the item after taking the enchantments or sth like that, but... how does it work? I put an item with enchantment and a book in crafting interface and nothing happens, is there a secret to it or what?
Don't think it works in a regular crafting table.

You'll need to place the tool and book in an anvil, I believe. Or you can place them in a crafting table with an ACTIVE division sigil, in a vertical fashion:
Enchanted tool
Division Sigil
Book

Be careful because I think one of those ways destroys the item (possibly the sigil one)

Unfortunately, this does not work for TiCo tools. :(
I'm also looking for a way to remove enchants from TiCo weapons/tools.

ArmyHeLL07

Jul 29, 2019
i got a problem i was finishing the rotunda and finding myself bunch of light blue wools (sky blue wools) but i got all of them put one in vm and used all of the others at minechem thing and when i check on the quest book it says still you need wool i mean come on i used all in minechem and put it in vm i tried to get it back from vm but it says light blue wool how do i finish this quest?