[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019
Karma, I found a cheat that allows for infinite hydration without using anything. I have seen you comment before to avoid saying it here. I am pretty new to this forum so how would I tell you the cheat?

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Karma, I found a cheat that allows for infinite hydration without using anything. I have seen you comment before to avoid saying it here. I am pretty new to this forum so how would I tell you the cheat?
message me, click on my pic and then click start conversation

xMythix

Jul 29, 2019
Just a couple of quest suggestions to make progression simpler to understand:
The quest to get clay and make a stone barrel and crucible should be prefaced by a simpler quest. First, make a wooden barrel, then fill it with water with a glass bottle. (Took me forever trying to make water - was trying saplings, leaves, snow balls, snow blocks, etc in the crucible- was shocked when I could just use a glass bottle on the water block in the ae storage room.) Then, make dust and put it in the barrel with water and pull out the clay. Could do a detection of wooden barrel, dust, and clay block for the first part of this quest. Then, the second part could be to make the stone barrel and unfired crucible as it already is. You could also omit making the crucible, since you now give us one as a quest reward.
Secondly, there are a couple of quests which require several obsidian tool parts. At this point in the quest book, we do not have iron and are stuck making a ton of clay buckets to make obsidian (8 for the broad axe head, 3 for the tough binding and 16 for the 2 large plates!!) At this point, I recognized that I did not want to make a bunch of clay buckets and started going for iron. However, the road to take to iron is not very clear. I suggest adding a quest or two to lead the player through this before asking them to make a ton of obsidian. Maybe you could add a quest to get some gold (which is minable with your boosted bone pick) and then to make a pick axe head cast and an ingot cast as well as a faucet and casting table. Adding a couple of quests to get through this part would make it much easier on the player. In addition, the clay bucket filled with lava in the hotbar does not warm the player. Maybe it should? After all, it is lava.

Third, I am stuck so far not getting a zombie head. I have killed about 65 mobs (according to myfit) and still have no head which would lead me through to getting the obsidian pick axe head from making the hang glider. Maybe make this quest a stand-alone quest and not a precursor to the hang glider quest?

I really want to give this mod pack a go because it seems packed with content that I can't wait to explore! However, the beginning is really frustrating for new players. I know editing HQM quest book is not easy, so I understand if you completely disregard this post. :)

Lastly, I was going through the kawaii configs. In the configs, it asks if leavescider should be drinkable when not hungry. You have it set to true, which means we should be able to drink it even when our hunger bar is full (ie not hungry). Could this be a bug in kawaii? I checked his tracker and it isn't mentioned as a bug. I know you have a workaround for 1.2.0, but as it isn't uploaded to the launcher yet, I was looking for a workaround myself.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Just a couple of quest suggestions to make progression simpler to understand:
The quest to get clay and make a stone barrel and crucible should be prefaced by a simpler quest. First, make a wooden barrel, then fill it with water with a glass bottle. (Took me forever trying to make water - was trying saplings, leaves, snow balls, snow blocks, etc in the crucible- was shocked when I could just use a glass bottle on the water block in the ae storage room.) Then, make dust and put it in the barrel with water and pull out the clay. Could do a detection of wooden barrel, dust, and clay block for the first part of this quest. Then, the second part could be to make the stone barrel and unfired crucible as it already is. You could also omit making the crucible, since you now give us one as a quest reward.
Secondly, there are a couple of quests which require several obsidian tool parts. At this point in the quest book, we do not have iron and are stuck making a ton of clay buckets to make obsidian (8 for the broad axe head, 3 for the tough binding and 16 for the 2 large plates!!) At this point, I recognized that I did not want to make a bunch of clay buckets and started going for iron. However, the road to take to iron is not very clear. I suggest adding a quest or two to lead the player through this before asking them to make a ton of obsidian. Maybe you could add a quest to get some gold (which is minable with your boosted bone pick) and then to make a pick axe head cast and an ingot cast as well as a faucet and casting table. Adding a couple of quests to get through this part would make it much easier on the player. In addition, the clay bucket filled with lava in the hotbar does not warm the player. Maybe it should? After all, it is lava.

Third, I am stuck so far not getting a zombie head. I have killed about 65 mobs (according to myfit) and still have no head which would lead me through to getting the obsidian pick axe head from making the hang glider. Maybe make this quest a stand-alone quest and not a precursor to the hang glider quest?

I really want to give this mod pack a go because it seems packed with content that I can't wait to explore! However, the beginning is really frustrating for new players. I know editing HQM quest book is not easy, so I understand if you completely disregard this post. :)

Lastly, I was going through the kawaii configs. In the configs, it asks if leavescider should be drinkable when not hungry. You have it set to true, which means we should be able to drink it even when our hunger bar is full (ie not hungry). Could this be a bug in kawaii? I checked his tracker and it isn't mentioned as a bug. I know you have a workaround for 1.2.0, but as it isn't uploaded to the launcher yet, I was looking for a workaround myself.

Yes... its a bug with kawaii however i knew about it before i updated the pack so yea.... my fault for releasing the pack so early :p....in 1.2.0 i added a simple quest about upgrading picks so :3....the crucible thing... ehhhh is mainly just to get the player to know that they need that :p..... Indeed the road to iron isnt too clear >_< thats because i was intending to get kitsuforgecraft soon and add an entire quest line for smelting ores, however the author is abit slow at adding ore:Dict compability... so i ended up procastinating and yea xD

Reactions: Crittenden

Prometheius

Jul 29, 2019
When I try to play 1.2.1 the console shows the following error and loads vanilla Minecraft:
Code:
BlastOff
Downloading Mod Pack
Issue with new md5 method, attempting to use backup method.
Local: C2493214795CE7BAA36D1CEF51DAEBAF
Remote: C2493214795CE7BAA36D1CEF51DAEBAF
Mods Folder: C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\BlastOff\minecraft\mods
Dynamic Folder: C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\BlastOff\minecraft\mods
Error while extracting zip: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid code lengths set
Extracting (Backup way)
Error while extracting zip: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid code lengths set
dirs mk'd
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.7.10 Please wait!
pack.json file not found-Forge/Liteloader will not be able to load!

edit: additional info - Windows 7 can't open the zipfile, but 7-zip can.

Last edited:

prostar34

Jul 29, 2019
so update 1.2.1 doesnt have any mods in it? when i click edit mod pack theres none there and when i load up the game its vanilla Minecraft.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Yes... its a bug with kawaii however i knew about it before i updated the pack so yea.... my fault for releasing the pack so early :p....in 1.2.0 i added a simple quest about upgrading picks so :3....the crucible thing... ehhhh is mainly just to get the player to know that they need that :p..... Indeed the road to iron isnt too clear >_< thats because i was intending to get kitsuforgecraft soon and add an entire quest line for smelting ores, however the author is abit slow at adding ore:Dict compability... so i ended up procastinating and yea xD
1.2.1 is out
Iknow xD i didnt want to create a new map just to add 5 words sorry xP
Dude, you're amazing. Over 200 pages of questions, bug reports, critiques, etc., and you're still going strong. Thanks for all your hard work... and never apologize again ;)

Reactions: srdemon

Mintymint

Jul 29, 2019
i start a new world with the lastest version and their is nothing. like no base, no temp bar, not hydration and no quest. so pretty much it spawns a normal minecraft world

sniperblade9

Jul 29, 2019
Found a way to always stay hydrated and you only need 1 leaves cider and it will last forever. (at least for me it did)

Took me forever to find out that some of the stuff from tinkers you can make with just regular bricks... I could have been much further along.

Desertedbart

Jul 29, 2019
How do I do the vat quest? I can level up my bone pick just fine; but its really hard to get the copper because it's so hard to find it inside of the spires (does it spawn on the outside too?) and cobblestone is too much of a hassle in early game

sniperblade9

Jul 29, 2019
How do I do the vat quest? I can level up my bone pick just fine; but its really hard to get the copper because it's so hard to find it inside of the spires (does it spawn on the outside too?) and cobblestone is too much of a hassle in early game

Go toward the hang glider quest. Once you complete it you will get a obsidian pickaxe head. Then mine whatever you want, but make sure you can get obsidian to fix it before you use it too much.

Dig around in spires for copper and read the quest description for the hammers.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Dude, you're amazing. Over 200 pages of questions, bug reports, critiques, etc., and you're still going strong. Thanks for all your hard work... and never apologize again ;)
Are you interested in making the guide book with Enchirdion 2? you seem pretty good at writing :p

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
One question about the mob dismemberment mod, do the body parts count as entities or just purely visual effect?

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
One question about the mob dismemberment mod, do the body parts count as entities or just purely visual effect?

According to the minimap, they seem to count as some form of entities. The same kind as exp orbs, from what I've observed. Red minimap dots are item entities, yellow are mob entities, and purple seems to be experience orbs, mob parts (maybe the blood too?) and anything else.

Reactions: Sheena-Tiger

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
According to the minimap, they seem to count as some form of entities. The same kind as exp orbs, from what I've observed. Red minimap dots are item entities, yellow are mob entities, and purple seems to be experience orbs, mob parts (maybe the blood too?) and anything else.

Maybe that explains the sudden rise of entities (40kish) when I go down deep into the dungeons. Sudden freeze / fps drops.