Challenge map - Win a Nvidia GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
There's no harm in posting multiple times if you think you have a chance. The fastest submitted so far is still 12:26

Bothered_Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering, is this a reference card or one from another company. And what box does it come in and what's in it?
Just wondering how I'm gonna 15 minutes, not just 12 minutes.

jdb100

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering, is this a reference card or one from another company. And what box does it come in and what's in it?
Just wondering how I'm gonna 15 minutes, not just 12 minutes.

It will probably be a reference as they haven't stated otherwise. 15 minutes is easy once you get a good route and discover the short cuts. 12 minutes though is having almost no minor mistakes on my 12:15 run I made 3 mistakes which cost about 20 seconds.

Batby

Jul 29, 2019
lots of the shortcuts are unintended like pirate ship and beehive on a regular run. so even though this is unintended i don't see it as cheating otherwise I assume they would have redesigned pirate ship and bee hive as the shortcuts on them basically make them non-existent.

aswell the rules that I can find state no modifiying the map or modpack and no hacks such as block jumping.
Would you be interested in telling us people that dont know what the pirate ship and beehive shortcut is?

Gatzenberg

Jul 29, 2019
Would you be interested in telling us people that dont know what the pirate ship and beehive shortcut is?

Bee Hive: If you descend to the bottom of the hole with the levitator and go back up, you will have enough momentum to be high enough to push the button.

Pirate Ship: If you swim forward into the wall of the platform where the button is you will do a little jump where you have a small amount of time to hit the button.

I'm assuming that these are the shortcuts that they are talking about, though there may be something else. There are a lot of secrets on this map. One such secret is a big button at the top of a waterfall. I have not figured out what it does yet and if somebody does know I would appreciate it if they shared this information.

Reactions: Revvilo

jdb100

Jul 29, 2019
Bee Hive: If you descend to the bottom of the hole with the levitator and go back up, you will have enough momentum to be high enough to push the button.

Pirate Ship: If you swim forward into the wall of the platform where the button is you will do a little jump where you have a small amount of time to hit the button.

I'm assuming that these are the shortcuts that they are talking about, though there may be something else. There are a lot of secrets on this map. One such secret is a big button at the top of a waterfall. I have not figured out what it does yet and if somebody does know I would appreciate it if they shared this information.

ya those are the ones i was talking about there are many more shortcuts then those but they fit the topic i was talking about then.

also is anyone else crashing when they go to cobweb maze

crash log on a fresh reinstall: http://pastebin.com/BJ71yubk

Last edited:

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014

You mean the pressure pad thingy? I was wondering myself... I have spent a lot of time finding secrets, but I only found an obvious armor set in skeleton neck at start... and that drawbridge pisses me off.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
ya those are the ones i was talking about there are many more shortcuts then those but they fit the topic i was talking about then.

also is anyone else crashing when they go to cobweb maze

crash log on a fresh reinstall: http://pastebin.com/BJ71yubk
I've seen this before actually, but it isn't normally computercraft specific but just happens with various blocks and may be a forge bug.
May i suggest you double check that you have upgraded graphics drivers?

Jacanata

Jul 29, 2019
the big button above the waterfall opens a panel on the helix side of the hanging FTB sign in the middle of the map. Not sure if it does anything else though.

Batby

Jul 29, 2019
So anyone wanna share some tips? my tip is to use the road blocks to zoom onto the red wool

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
So anyone wanna share some tips? my tip is to use the road blocks to zoom onto the red wool
Mines the opposite, I jump onto the red wool (first piece of wool i get in my run) from the top of the glass maze section and use it to zoom off into the Hollow Hill. There's my little tip for you all

zax0ng

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else here thinks that a >10min but <11min run is possible in this map? or is it just me? @.@

Batby

Jul 29, 2019
Mines the opposite, I jump onto the red wool (first piece of wool i get in my run) from the top of the glass maze section and use it to zoom off into the Hollow Hill. There's my little tip for you all
Oh god, couldn't imagine running it with that section first, i start out with hedge maze myself

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget taking travel time into account. That can be a couple minutes extra.

Batby

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget taking travel time into account. That can be a couple minutes extra.
Each of my recorded sections start from where the last one went off, anyway, time to put countless hours into this and come like 8th because people found a next gen strat :p

Bothered_Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, just under 20 minutes.

Attachments

• 2015-02-01_13.56.20.png
    2015-02-01_13.56.20.png
    584.5 KB · Views: 52

zax0ng

Jul 29, 2019
Each of my recorded sections start from where the last one went off, anyway, time to put countless hours into this and come like 8th because people found a next gen strat :p

I have no idea if editing of sections is allowed. They didn't really mention about editing, did they? @.@

Status
Not open for further replies.