[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Thee_Sinner

Jul 29, 2019
So earlier today i unlocked the Ice Palace room. soon as i placed it in the IO port and hit the button the game crashed and closed, no crash report. every time since, when i try to join the server it crashes to desktop. any idea what the problem is here?

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
So earlier today i unlocked the Ice Palace room. soon as i placed it in the IO port and hit the button the game crashed and closed, no crash report. every time since, when i try to join the server it crashes to desktop. any idea what the problem is here?

Sounds like the 1.0.0 bug in chissel, can't tell without error logs. Only way to fix that is to upgrade chisel to a newer version. That is most easily done by updating the pack to 1.0.3.

FendishLion

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone have, or know of, a compiled list of secret locations? item special rooms within the chambers, bag locations, etc...? I found a bunch, but I need more!

Reactions: Toskin

Jerkhazi

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone having serious fps issues on inventory opening, crafting, accessing me terminals, anything that shows up NEI
I highly recommend you to install INPureCore, if you get permission(as far as i know you don't need) you could put the mod to the modpack too parcel.
Also that's my first post and i want to thank you for this amazing map :)

Reactions: Toskin

Toskin

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't seen a change log, but some things are working now that didn't before. The ender io farming station will harvest & replant cocoa beans, for example. If that doesn't make you happy, steves factory manager has been added to the pack.

With poor ores gone, I decided to clear miners delight to the walls. I now have over 10k blocks of lapis. Now all I really want from vanilla mining is some diamonds & the thermal mining disc, but to find it I may have to clear that area, too. Oh, the pain of starting to level up a new hammer with silk touch, but the alternative is to use a dev null for the lapis & maybe make a 2nd 1 for the redstone.

Since this is my 2nd time through the 1st part of the map, I'm taking more time to clear resource areas & build infrastructure projects early enough to be helpful. I've even built a turbine for the big reactor. It is running with 32 blocks of electrum now, but I want to upgrade it to ludicrite before I tackle the Uuz quest. Maybe I'll farm withers for the other ludicrite recipe instead...

I have all the community area discs, but I'm still trying to decide if I want to clear them all before starting lost in time.

I think I screwed myself by turning all the magnesium from the biosphere into fertilizer. I had to cheat in a block to finish the chemistry tree quests.

I don't mind a map/pack maker showing off new, wip mods & I can wait for the bug fixes before getting into fluxed crystals too deep.

I found a legendary reward bag hidden under the floor boards. Shame the beacon I was setting up won't actually work.

I'm afraid I ate the retloh when I ran out of tuberous flux capacitors early game.
Anyway, what is that dev null ?

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway, what is that dev null ?

The dev null is an item that holds 64 of an item and deletes the rest of it that you pick up, so you don't get a lot of useless stuff filling up your inventory. Usually that's like cobble and dirt in normal maps, but it works for anything you don't want.

The player interaction thingy from Random Things is a lot better at that for this map though, just plug your AE into it and have it extract anything you don't want taking up space.

fizzdizz

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone have, or know of, a compiled list of secret locations? item special rooms within the chambers, bag locations, etc...? I found a bunch, but I need more!

I'm almost certain secret items (blocks that contain things that look like they don't), are only in the base itself, none are inside the special incubator.
For a small hint about trophy's.

There are three inside secret blocks for each of the main chambers (obs/chem/reactor/VM), these are the only ones contained inside of blocks.

ZayneCK

Jul 29, 2019
so... I was playing through "the tormented" spatial area and i was nearing the end when i died in the room with wither witches and cats. i didn't want to bother running back through the chambers again so i gamemoded and flew over to my grave. Normally i would've gone back into survival mode before i broke my grave, but this time i forgot. Now all my items are gone (I had everything good on me) Is there any way to get those items back? are gravestones saved somewhere?
Thanks in advance.

Numpty Bumpkin

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone give me advice please ? i am trying to set up a quantum bridge between the reactor room and the observatory but it wont work for some reason? i have built both rings which are powered ( lights are on ) and i am trying to use the entangled singularity's i got from a reward bag with no success. Any suggestions greatly appreciated as im at a loss.

fizzdizz

Jul 29, 2019
so... I was playing through "the tormented" spatial area and i was nearing the end when i died in the room with wither witches and cats. i didn't want to bother running back through the chambers again so i gamemoded and flew over to my grave. Normally i would've gone back into survival mode before i broke my grave, but this time i forgot. Now all my items are gone (I had everything good on me) Is there any way to get those items back? are gravestones saved somewhere?
Thanks in advance.

Nope, I've done It before to, on multiple different games. I think you can turn off the option that it destroys things, but as of right now, nope.

Can anyone give me advice please ? i am trying to set up a quantum bridge between the reactor room and the observatory but it wont work for some reason? i have built both rings which are powered ( lights are on ) and i am trying to use the entangled singularity's i got from a reward bag with no success. Any suggestions greatly appreciated as im at a loss.
You cannot have a second me controller on the network, this was my mistake with quantum bridges. Alternately you do need to explode the singularity with TNT and(enderpearl dust?) in order to get the bridge mechanic

Edit: It has been over a year since I used this mechanic

Silent_Phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I know this issue has been sort talked to death about but i has a small problem with Fluxed-crystals. I have followed the instructions of @Qcor both added the code to the .JSON files and downloaded the ones he's done and it hasn't crashed, great. my problem occurs in that the farm manager GUI is for Blood magic, i have tried downloading Fluxed-crystals [0.0.4a].jar and using that with the pack which fixs the GUI problem but this version won't interact with the pervious .JSON files. can help me sort this?

fizzdizz

Jul 29, 2019

Ok, I tried it and it didn't work for me either. The singularities that you receive in the quest are trolls and don't work because they aren't linked to eachother. if you want this to work you will need to obtain a singularity from the matter condenser and blow it up with tnt and ender pearl dust. Alternately you can get yourself a wireless card and an me wireless interface depending on what your needs are.

GZloid

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks in advance.

If you look in folder data in your save folder you can find some files named like this "inventory-*YourNickName*-2015-01-06_00.25.20-0.dat". Open file with time of your death with NBT Editor, and copy Items in your level.dat file, in data/player. Then delete your old Inventory (Make sure it's empty before doing this) and rename Items to Inventory. It does not give you back your armor though.

Numpty Bumpkin

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I tried it and it didn't work for me either. The singularities that you receive in the quest are trolls and don't work because they aren't linked to eachother. if you want this to work you will need to obtain a singularity from the matter condenser and blow it up with tnt and ender pearl dust. Alternately you can get yourself a wireless card and an me wireless interface depending on what your needs are.

Cool, thanks for the swift response i will try it again when i have made new singularity's and post to say if it worked, will be tomorrow now tho as its late.

Keksschleuder1

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I know this issue has been sort talked to death about but i has a small problem with Fluxed-crystals. I have followed the instructions of @Qcor both added the code to the .JSON files and downloaded the ones he's done and it hasn't crashed, great. my problem occurs in that the farm manager GUI is for Blood magic, i have tried downloading Fluxed-crystals [0.0.4a].jar and using that with the pack which fixs the GUI problem but this version won't interact with the pervious .JSON files. can help me sort this?

Now this is one of the rare occasions where "It's not a bug, it's a feature" applies. The Farmmanager accepts any powersource in the newer FC versions.

gpg5

Jul 29, 2019
how many out of 4gb of ram would work just allocated to the server, with the game running on a different machine? (The server machine is an ubuntu 14.10 lenovo t400 laptop)

ZayneCK

Jul 29, 2019
If you look in folder data in your save folder you can find some files named like this "inventory-*YourNickName*-2015-01-06_00.25.20-0.dat". Open file with time of your death with NBT Editor, and copy Items in your level.dat file, in data/player. Then delete your old Inventory (Make sure it's empty before doing this) and rename Items to Inventory. It does not give you back your armor though.
Thank you so much man, I was about to just quit playing ME^4. Also, when i did this, i did get my armor back. :D Saved those legendary reward bag dark iron leggings luckily.