Challenge map - Win a Nvidia GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
He basically jumped the fence at archery, and messed with the wireless transmitters there.

zax0ng

Jul 29, 2019
Ah... alright. Well the fence itself was pretty clear that players cannot trespass into the system area... @.@

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so that's not allowed (but I'm sure you knew that already), and I'm still not quite sure how you did it. Also, how were you submitting wools to the barrel? Looked like you were spamming something, but your selected slot never changed.
If you have a piece of wool in your hand and hold down right click on a barrel it will auto place other wool from your inventory into the barrel as soon as it has left the barrel.

zax0ng

Jul 29, 2019
So i guess the fastest timing will soon be 11min+ if that guy submits it and is verified valid.. @.@

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Having reviewed the footage entered to the contest the time reported by @jdb100 will not be accepted as we deem the method used constitutes to modifying the map.

zax0ng

Jul 29, 2019
Having reviewed the footage entered to the contest the time reported by @jdb100 will not be accepted as we deem the method used constitutes to modifying the map.

Oh... I would like to know if you guys accept timings/footage of a complete run, but when inserting wool, it detects "cheating" (though I didn't as I didn't want the time to tick further so much)?

P.S: Which footage of his? the 2min one or the 11min that he is going to probably submit?

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try to fix our server this weekend, but unless there is clear actual cheating it should be ok. We've only disqualified the 2 minute video so far, as that's the only one we have.

zax0ng

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try to fix our server this weekend, but unless there is clear actual cheating it should be ok. We've only disqualified the 2 minute video so far, as that's the only one we have.

Alright. So even if the "cheating" msg comes up when inputting wool it's all cool? *I wanna make sure ><*

jdb100

Jul 29, 2019
okay well since the run was disqualified I will explain it now. here is the link to the video:

I'll explain how it works too.

so to start I run to archery and grab the bow and arrow. when firing the bow straight upwards and jumping right before it hits you your able to jump up and over the fence. once inside I run and grab the yellow wool from the me interface that puts it in the cannon. after that there is a hole in the ground near the archery targets. inside this hole there is a wireless transmitter to explain what am doing you need to understand how the wool is gotten regularly. inside all of the places where you normally get wool there is a wireless transmitter that ranges from 1000-1002 and 1004-1015. 1003 doesn't give you a wool since that is archery and it doesn't use the button system. I skip over 1002 until last since that is magenta which teleports you to in front of castle. after that dieing in lava and running to the monument. also just to note that if you hold down right click and your inventory slot is empty it will take the next avaliable item in your inventory which is why I moved the arrows and bow when dieing in the lava.

Last edited:

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Alright. So even if the "cheating" msg comes up when inputting wool it's all cool? *I wanna make sure ><*
To make it clear, there is a slight glitch with the monument, if it gives you the message you cheated and you know for a fact you did not, you are A okay to submit the video.

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
Just confirming this. To clarify though, you are welcome to submit any video you want [1], and we'll let you know if it's okay or not.

1. As long as it's a video run of the PAX South map. Other videos or spam will be dealt with appropriately.

zax0ng

Jul 29, 2019
Just confirming this. To clarify though, you are welcome to submit any video you want [1], and we'll let you know if it's okay or not.

1. As long as it's a video run of the PAX South map. Other videos or spam will be dealt with appropriately.

Understood.

okay well since the run was disqualified I will explain it now. here is the link to the video:

I'll explain how it works too.

so to start I run to archery and grab the bow and arrow. when firing the bow straight upwards and jumping right before it hits you your able to jump up and over the fence. once inside I run and grab the yellow wool from the me interface that puts it in the cannon. after that there is a hole in the ground near the archery targets. inside this hole there is a wireless transmitter to explain what am doing you need to understand how the wool is gotten regularly. inside all of the places where you normally get wool there is a wireless transmitter that ranges from 1000-1002 and 1004-1015. 1003 doesn't give you a wool since that is archery and it doesn't use the button system. I skip over 1002 until last since that is magenta which teleports you to in front of castle. after that dieing in lava and running to the monument. also just to note that if you hold down right click and your inventory slot is empty it will take the next avaliable item in your inventory which is why I moved the arrows and bow when dieing in the lava.

The fences itself is SO CLEAR that you cannot go into the area. It is called "ARCHERY" for a reason as well.. welp~ (facepalm)

jdb100

Jul 29, 2019
Understood.

The fences itself is SO CLEAR that you cannot go into the area. It is called "ARCHERY" for a reason as well.. welp~ (facepalm)

the reason it was disqualified was that I changed the signal on the transmitter not that I entered the archery area.

truboo42

Jul 29, 2019
I think that one of the jumps in the Factory is either impossible or just incrediously difficult. Tips?

zax0ng

Jul 29, 2019
Which one is it? The one with the slime pads? There you just have to try to target the middle of the first slime pad.

The back actually. Btw, is there any new submission that surpassed the previous 12min 30sec timing Tahg? o_O

jdb100

Jul 29, 2019
The back actually. Btw, is there any new submission that surpassed the previous 12min 30sec timing Tahg? o_O

I got a 12:15 run but haven't uploaded it yet and the fastest possible you can get is probably 11:55 from what I can tell.

zax0ng

Jul 29, 2019
I got a 12:15 run but haven't uploaded it yet and the fastest possible you can get is probably 11:55 from what I can tell.

I got a 11:10 from mine. Haven't submit it yet though so it's not verified yet. But it should be alright.

zax0ng

Jul 29, 2019
an 11:10 seems near impossible so you must have a different strat then me.

Probably. Since I am using a second strat this time instead of the first I thought of which will most likely get around ur timing as well if it's perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.