Cobble Compression

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I used extra utilities in-world crafting (9 chests behind crafting table) and got a throughput of about 2500 cobblestone per second. You can use 18 (9 pairs) of ender chests for the first crafting step, and then separate max-upgraded transfer nodes generating cobble into 9 of them. Routers (reborn) was great for distributing the compressed cobble to the next crafting steps. Takes a bit less than 5 hours for one octuple compressed.
Could you provide a screenshot. I'm not the greatest at comprehending text instructions.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Could you provide a screenshot. I'm not the greatest at comprehending text instructions.
Here are the ender chests used for the cobble generation. Each chest have a matching ender chest in the first crafting step (next picture).
ON8moJL.png

Here is the first part of the chain of in-world crafting setups, with the matching ender chests.
FNRpwhN.png

After the first crafting step you need pretty high speed item transfer, so I use four routers there to distribute to the next chests.

Reactions: mattp_12

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Here are the ender chests used for the cobble generation. Each chest have a matching ender chest in the first crafting step (next picture).
ON8moJL.png

Here is the first part of the chain of in-world crafting setups, with the matching ender chests.
FNRpwhN.png

After the first crafting step you need pretty high speed item transfer, so I use four routers there to distribute to the next chests.
What mod are the routers from?

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you just use one ender chest hooked to the cobblegen and have the other nine all the same color

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
SFM and XU are far and away the fastest most compact method: http://imgur.com/a/3Ldgh

This setup will make an octuple compressed cobble every 13 hours, uses no power, fits in a 3x3x1 block space, and takes about as much processor time as 15 vanilla chests just sitting there.
EYNVQoH.png

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Can't you just use one ender chest hooked to the cobblegen and have the other nine all the same color
Yes, I think that should work as well. The purpose of having 9 separate pairs was to have one dedicated cobble gen per chest in the first crafting step.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
How many of those cobble gen setup would you need to overwhelm a cyclic assembler?
Since a cyclic assembler can perform one craft per tick we should be able to feed it 180 cobble/second. One item transfer node with 20 speed upgrades, 1 stack upgrade, and 63+63+54 world interaction upgrades keeps a cyclic assmebler busy 100% of the time. If I add one more world interaction upgrade, the cyclic assembler starts building up a backlog of cobble.

I should point out that that maxed out cyclic processor consumes 820 microseconds of the game tick loop while a machine inventory manager which is compressing 960 cobble/second is only taking 0.257 microseconds. A really massive cobblegen using TE4 can lag out my machine but there is no chance on earth a SFM setup can.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
SFM and XU are far and away the fastest most compact method: http://imgur.com/a/3Ldgh

This setup will make an octuple compressed cobble every 13 hours, uses no power, fits in a 3x3x1 block space, and takes about as much processor time as 15 vanilla chests just sitting there.
EYNVQoH.png
I just finished building a compression system with 8 iron chests with SFM compressing the cobble lol. I'll build this and I'll compare.

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
I just finished building a compression system with 8 iron chests with SFM compressing the cobble lol. I'll build this and I'll compare.
I really hope I'm not breaking the rule on grave digging, but:

I copied your setup but instead used an ender chest. It lets me use all four sides for cobble gen, and I have a matching ender chest that imports the final result (septuple compressed) into my AE system, which then has crafting patterns for de-compressing it when I need it.

Thank you for this design! It was also the first time I ever used SFM :)

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
I really hope I'm not breaking the rule on grave digging, but:

I copied your setup but instead used an ender chest. It lets me use all four sides for cobble gen, and I have a matching ender chest that imports the final result (septuple compressed) into my AE system, which then has crafting patterns for de-compressing it when I need it.

Thank you for this design! It was also the first time I ever used SFM :)
Your new avatar:
image.jpg