[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I like what Fluxed Crystals is trying to do, in terms of a configurable, balanceable resource-farming mod, but from all the commentary I've heard here, the release that got put in ME^4 1.03 is just plain broken. I can see value in promoting a new mod, especially when the author's willing to work closely on it, but... that one could have really used some more testing before being thrown in. :/

Reactions: Rhyno86

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I like what Fluxed Crystals is trying to do, in terms of a configurable, balanceable resource-farming mod, but from all the commentary I've heard here, the release that got put in ME^4 1.03 is just plain broken. I can see value in promoting a new mod, especially when the author's willing to work closely on it, but... that one could have really used some more testing before being thrown in. :/
I wanted to grab newest build from github..but idk how, can't find any tut on Google xD

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Is lifesteal not working on weapons that have the red incorrect data thing on them? I've been carrying a sword from a really early version to new versions (because I've played through this map 4 times), It's got necrotic 2 on it but it does nothing, spawning in a sword and putting necrotic on it works though, putting the sword in a crafting window doesn't do anything either...I just get the same sword with the red text on it back

I've had this sword for ages, I don't want to start leveling another one, hoping to get the correct modifiers

Just read it won't work on unliving things. :/

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Help me understand the quest to grow spatial IOs. The quest requires only 20 spatial IOs to be submitted, but to make the spatial IO seed, you need 32.
Just my opinion, but the addition of the fluxed-crystals mod is a HUGE P.I.T.A. It won't work without major editing of the configs, there is no user interface/feedback/progress bar within the machines, they are not ISided...

What part of it being a in dev mod didn't you get. As in it's still being created as we speak. It's in beta if not alpha state. And it's only function is that it functions. All those things you mentioned are features and will be added later.
And please remember that this map was not created with that mod in mind. So you do not need to rely on it.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Can anyone give a hint as to where to find the Ferrous Ore? TBH got bored digging around Miners Delight, and pressed on through Rotunda and now Nether Sphere (spawning there is crazy, and also got tedious after a while, need to tackle the final bottom level).

Strange that Poor Ores were removed, it's easy to implement with Minetweaker and a custom block adding mod.

ZayneCK

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone give a hint as to where to find the Ferrous Ore? TBH got bored digging around Miners Delight, and pressed on through Rotunda and now Nether Sphere (spawning there is crazy, and also got tedious after a while, need to tackle the final bottom level).

Strange that Poor Ores were removed, it's easy to implement with Minetweaker and a custom block adding mod.
I believe it was nearby to the wool chamber. Assuming you've got the wool, it should be up a tad in a large vein. I may be mistaken, cant check at the moment.

Reactions: Golrith

Thee_Sinner

Jul 29, 2019

Try using the Ore Finder in the Miner's Delight room

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
I decided I didnt need the 8* Nether Star generator and decided to decompose it and then build a nether star from the remains. Simple enough. I started at about 1000 Hydrogen in my ae network. The recipe says theres only about 1500 Hydrogen that it produces. Thats fine I have about 30 64k drives and 2 1024k drives that are empty wont fill it. So my set up is a decomposer into enderio item conduits 4 speed upgrades into a interface. I know have 38k+ and counting as I am typing. I think there is a dupe bug or something. Part of me wants to fill my ae system with Hydrogen and the other part wants to break the machine and replace it. Any ideas what went wrong?

Edit: It only cost 500 rf per item and since the generator is one item and I seem to have unlimited hydrogen. I can now produce an infinte amount of energy by using hydrogen as a fuel source. I have solved the worlds energy crisis.

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
You can post more or less what ever kind of link you want. As long as its' not something like x rated.
You should not post links directly to a download but there is still no rule against it.

The program I'm using is NBTExplorer.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...65-nbtexplorer-nbt-editor-for-windows-and-mac

I've never tried it on a multiplayer so this might be a little off.
But you first make a copy of the world.
Then open level.dat in your save file.

Go to Data/Player/Inventory/...
There will be a list of entries. the satchel should have the ID of 4196.

Open tag and it'll have a listing for each of the slots numbered 0 to 35 and a number of entries next to it. With Zero meaning there is nothing in it. Find the highest Slot# with a number of entries in it.

Deleting the highest number should get rid of the last drive you placed in the satchel.
You do that by clicking on it and hitting the red X on the top bar next to the pencil.

You could also open tag and remove individual items in the drive. But there is no telling what is causing the problem.
You could even individually copy and remove the items to your main inventory but that would be a whole lot of work. More than you really want to do.

Edit: Oh, and remember to save.

Now I can't promise that this will work. But it will be one of the only things that might.

Another thing you could try is to open the world in single player. And hope for a crash log.
I've managed to save my game =) I had to remove cells in my backpack until there were 63 cells left so I had to delete 4 cells, I lost a heap of important materials but nothing unreplaceable thanks for the help by the way and thanks for the tip with storing cells in cells =)

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
is the ice palace meant to be impossible? I've got full Tartarite armor with Protection IV and full red/yellow/green heart canisters and it takes only 2 creepers there to take me down to 4 hearts left... that's not the problem though... I have a crossbow that almost instant kills the witherboss and has a drawback speed of 0.25 seconds and the creeper spawners there spawn faster then I can shoot... and I don't miss... meaning I cant break the spawners... don't anyone know if the laboratory walls are TNT proof?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
is the ice palace meant to be impossible? I've got full Tartarite armor with Protection IV and full red/yellow/green heart canisters and it takes only 2 creepers there to take me down to 4 hearts left... that's not the problem though... I have a crossbow that almost instant kills the witherboss and has a drawback speed of 0.25 seconds and the creeper spawners there spawn faster then I can shoot... and I don't miss... meaning I cant break the spawners... don't anyone know if the laboratory walls are TNT proof?

Cheat. Seriously do what you would consider cheating.
Drop lava on the creepers. Dig through the walls. Cover the spawners in gravel. Use ineffable glass. And above all remember to use the shields.
Anything but try to take them head on.

Reactions: Jemes78

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
I decided I didnt need the 8* Nether Star generator and decided to decompose it and then build a nether star from the remains. Simple enough. I started at about 1000 Hydrogen in my ae network. The recipe says theres only about 1500 Hydrogen that it produces. Thats fine I have about 30 64k drives and 2 1024k drives that are empty wont fill it. So my set up is a decomposer into enderio item conduits 4 speed upgrades into a interface. I know have 38k+ and counting as I am typing. I think there is a dupe bug or something. Part of me wants to fill my ae system with Hydrogen and the other part wants to break the machine and replace it. Any ideas what went wrong?

Edit: It only cost 500 rf per item and since the generator is one item and I seem to have unlimited hydrogen. I can now produce an infinte amount of energy by using hydrogen as a fuel source. I have solved the worlds energy crisis.

I have broken down a 8* Nether Star generator in my game and got the normal amount of everything, but I used Extra Utilities item transfer nodes with stack/speed upgrades to extract into a chest. It wasn't good, I made the mistake of not blacklisting the radioactive element and had to deal with like 4 lead chests worth of radioactive stacks with different timers. I got what seemed like exactly what I should have though. I don't know how stable MineChem is though, maybe it just occasionally glitches like that? It's my first time using it.

fizzdizz

Jul 29, 2019

around the chamber there is bedrock, you should be good, blast away my friend, blast away.

Reactions: Jemes78

Hrulgin

Jul 29, 2019
I have broken down a 8* Nether Star generator in my game and got the normal amount of everything, but I used Extra Utilities item transfer nodes with stack/speed upgrades to extract into a chest. It wasn't good, I made the mistake of not blacklisting the radioactive element and had to deal with like 4 lead chests worth of radioactive stacks with different timers. I got what seemed like exactly what I should have though. I don't know how stable MineChem is though, maybe it just occasionally glitches like that? It's my first time using it.

The radioactive elements not stacking is expected; each one was created at a slightly different time, and so their timers will be different. My suggestion: fluid transposers. move all of your radioactive elements into drums or the AE system, and the timers stop. It's lightly irksome to automate recreating the vials, but at least you're not dealing with leaded chests.

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
The radioactive elements not stacking is expected; each one was created at a slightly different time, and so their timers will be different. My suggestion: fluid transposers. move all of your radioactive elements into drums or the AE system, and the timers stop. It's lightly irksome to automate recreating the vials, but at least you're not dealing with leaded chests.
In the ae system the time keeps ticking will it disapper when its done even if its in the ae system if so i can get rid of my 20 leaded chest of highly active playtoys.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019

Oh I know what went wrong and how to fix it, I just didn't know how radiation worked in this before then. I thought they would just damage me while I held them or something. The decomposer is shielded though so if you just leave them in there until you get enough you can pull out full stacks. I didn't know about the liquids being "stable" but I don't mind dealing with the leaded chests for now. Once I finally clear out the 4 leaded chests I have I can just keep one or two on storage buses. I think the AE system moves items at a consistent enough speed that it could probably stack them in there anyway (Edit: Nope). Thinking about it I could probably merge all my stacks using a transfer node filled with speed upgrades, you just have to try and stack them at the exact moment it's degrading to match the current one in the leaded chest, and I was able to do that by hand (spamming shift-click as fast as I could) a few times when I was trying to squeeze the last few into those chests. If I start getting a ton of radioactive stuff later, storing them as fluids sounds like the best bet, thanks.

In the ae system the time keeps ticking will it disapper when its done even if its in the ae system if so i can get rid of my 20 leaded chest of highly active playtoys.

No, it stays in there until you try to take it out and place it in your inventory, at which point you get a different element.

Last edited:

ZayneCK

Jul 29, 2019
Im having some issues with my world now. I just began the Fluxed Crystal path in the quest book and i placed the manager and some dirt. I paused the game to check the forums cause i cant figure out the spatialIO farming quest. Now when i return, im almost in ghost mode, cant break blocks or open gui's. If i try to "save and exit" it says the "shutting down server" message for minutes until i force quite. How can i fix this, i cant do anything in my world.

Hrulgin

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I mean storing in the AE as a liquid, not in vials.

fizzdizz

Jul 29, 2019
Im having some issues with my world now. I just began the Fluxed Crystal path in the quest book and i placed the manager and some dirt. I paused the game to check the forums cause i cant figure out the spatialIO farming quest. Now when i return, im almost in ghost mode, cant break blocks or open gui's. If i try to "save and exit" it says the "shutting down server" message for minutes until i force quite. How can i fix this, i cant do anything in my world.

alright man this is what I did, log in, press [esc], got to video settings, change your chunks loaded to 2 and your max fps to 10, lower all your other video settings as well and set it to fast. Now close your game out, open it up again, and break that pesky farm manager as quickly as you can (not if there are upgrades they will likely be gone, so feel free to try and snag them out first). If you put a range upgrade in it, don't do that until the next patch of the game comes through.

Reactions: arrgh1