[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

Wilcon88

Jul 29, 2019
So I guess optifine is part of the modpack? Because I have not added it myself.
Can I disable it without casuing any other problems?
No it is Not part of the pack that i am aware of. If you did'nt install Optifine yourself it is probably not the cause of your problems. Which means it could be anything. I can not even download the pack and launch it so i'm in a sticky spot too.

Soloist1

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to update to 1.07.

[10:21:28] [DEBUG] ModManager$ModManagerWorker.downloadModPack:208: baseLink: modpacks/TheDarkTrilogy/1_0_7/
[10:23:40] [INFO] DownloadUtils.isValid:311: Local: 614827E8870C63976597B5838A8B0084
[10:23:40] [INFO] DownloadUtils.isValid:312: Remote: 9E60C7D024451B3B722B2A8B900A7D18
[10:23:40] [ERROR] ErrorUtils.tossError:38: Error downloading modpack!!!

Is there a fix for this? I can't seem to find a 'force update' option that was mentioned on a previous page. I also do not have FastCraft installed.

orranmargath

Jul 29, 2019
soo.. while on a hosted server playinng i use a ring of magnitism and a sojourers sash from botania.. when i log out, but not restrart my launcher, and then log into my lan game i keep the effects and am unable to turn them off till i restart my client. odd bug, not sure if its a pack bug or botania, so i will post here first

Rixx_

Jul 29, 2019
Just thought I would point out that some linux systems refuse to run this mod packs server files due to absolute file references that come as part of the basic server download. I don't know where they are, or how to find them to be honest, but there are a few linux systems that spit out errors because of the way those references (which includes some '..' parent directory references apparently), operate. Linux doesn't like this. I have personally testing this on MineOS, the Linux distro built mainly for people to run small servers on.

plagie006

Jul 29, 2019
I went to options on the FTB launcher, then went to advanced settings, but did not see anything about server location. The server I want to join is not mine. I can't get the pack 1.0.7 to install from FTB launcher. If i wanted to play single player I couldn't because When I select 1.0.7 and click launch it just says Error downloading Pack. Sorry If I am not understanding what you were trying to tell me but I see nothing in the options tab/advanced options tab about server location. I tried different Download locations but that didn't help either. I can launch any of the other packs on the launcher but not this one for some reason.

Change your download server location in 3 easy steps: http://imgur.com/QBkBpjz

count_zero99uk

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, could someone do me a favour. The extrabees Acclimatiser is crashing my game, just want to check if its me or something else. Ive done it on a new game and just given myself one in creative placed it and it causes a crash. Any Help or advice would be great.

Wilcon88

Jul 29, 2019
I absolutly DO NOT want IC2 in non IC2 Recipes! Where can I change that at? what config is that? I do not want to be forced to use IC2.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
I absolutly DO NOT want IC2 in non IC2 Recipes! Where can I change that at? what config is that? I do not want to be forced to use IC2.
Then to be honest this pack isn't for you. The point of this pack is to introduce cross mod recipes for balance. There is no way to remove them without defaulting every recipe and ore dict settings which would break a lot of things.

Wilcon88

Jul 29, 2019
Then to be honest this pack isn't for you. The point of this pack is to introduce cross mod recipes for balance. There is no way to remove them without defaulting every recipe and ore dict settings which would break a lot of things.
OK thank you for your honesty.

Raven-Ey3

Jul 29, 2019
I want to change the game rules.
/gamerule mobGriefing false
it won't let me. And then I can't add myself as op either.o_Oo_Oo_O
Can someone Help Please and Thank you:D:D

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
I want to change the game rules.
/gamerule mobGriefing false
it won't let me. And then I can't add myself as op either.o_Oo_Oo_O
Can someone Help Please and Thank you:D:D

In config/LatMod open LatCoreMC.cfg and change
# [default: OP]
S:gamerule=ALL

This will allow everyone to change gamerules so once you have changed it you shoul change it back to OP. I was able to Op myself using the console.

Edit: if I'm not entirely mistaken ALL and OP allow everyone to use the command, setting it to NONE will not allow using the specified command.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
In config/LatMod open LatCoreMC.cfg and change
# [default: OP]
S:gamerule=ALL

This will allow everyone to change gamerules so once you have changed it you shoul change it back to OP. I was able to Op myself using the console.

Edit: if I'm not entirely mistaken ALL and OP allow everyone to use the command, setting it to NONE will not allow using the specified command.
Yes it is a bug, it will be fixed in the next update.

LC14199

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a pre-built sphax texture pack setup for this modpack? If there is, could someone link me to it. Cheers :)

jstn

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed the bedrock dimension is disabled. Was it done to prevent a game breaking problem and would it be safe to go ahead a enable it?

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if I sound stupid here but... what are the main changes in this modpack that differentiates it from others? I had a look through NEI and I was kinda expecting a bunch of changed recipes to mean stuff from IC2 requires stuff from Thermal Expansion, Buildcraft etc for a cool progression / learning curve. But didn't notice any major recipe changes. Although I noticed the Angel Wings recipe is changed. I didn't spot any changes to blood magic or tinker's construct either.

I haven't had much of a look past that though so apologies if I sound like I'm berating your modpack, I really don't intend that.

Also I noticed AppleCore was removed in this latest version, what's the reason for that? I really like that mod :<

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently I didn't look hard enough. A lot of the machine recipes have changed subtly to require parts from various mods.

Last edited:

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that's really obvious but kind of hard to see is that for about everything tech you need steel / refined iron.
This really requires some steps before starting to automate stuff. I really like it.

orranmargath

Jul 29, 2019
soo i was on baph's server and i logged out while i was still in the nether, and this happens, i have relogged, rebooted and still same error

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at tconstruct.weaponry.client.entity.ProjectileBaseRenderer.doRender(ProjectileBaseRenderer.java:51)
at tconstruct.weaponry.client.entity.ArrowEntityRenderer.doRender(ArrowEntityRenderer.java:21)
at tconstruct.weaponry.client.entity.ArrowEntityRenderer.doRender(ArrowEntityRenderer.java:6)
at tconstruct.weaponry.client.entity.ProjectileBaseRenderer.func_76986_a(ProjectileBaseRenderer.java:20)
at tconstruct.weaponry.client.item.CrossbowRenderer.specialAnimation(CrossbowRenderer.java:64)
at tconstruct.client.FlexibleToolRenderer.renderItem(FlexibleToolRenderer.java:99)
at net.minecraftforge.client.ForgeHooksClient.renderEquippedItem(ForgeHooksClient.java:232)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.ItemRenderer.renderItem(ItemRenderer.java:80)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.ItemRenderer.func_78440_a(ItemRenderer.java:486)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78476_b(EntityRenderer.java:736)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78471_a(EntityRenderer.java:1361)

****** full ftb console*****
<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=iTGS2yF5"></script>

hope i did that right

iglou_bc

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some reason why bonemeal or the watering can does cause the saplings to spawn? I can get flowers and grass but never tree saplings. I'm positive I could do that with Harvestcraft.