Logistics Pipes redstone signal

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know if there is an equivalent to the AE Level Emitter (if item quantity < X then emit redstone signal) equivalent for Logistics Pipes?

So far my options seem to be make a ComputerCraft program to query the network and emit redstone, or to setup a crafting pipe to supply an inventory and trigger redstone from that inventory.

My goal is pretty basic, I have powered machines that are required to craft some items and I need to selectively send a redstone signal to turn them on.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
they used to expose BC gate conditionals, they still may

I'll have to look at that.

Another issue is sending a redstone signal when a tank needs to be refilled.

I just noticed that the LP Power Junction says it should put out a redstone signal when it's < 50% full, but my testing doesn't show it ever putting out a signal.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
For your first issue simply put a supplier pipe to that inventory and specify item type and amount to store. This supplier will request the crafting as soon as the inventory lacks the specified items. Be sure to have it on partial, not the default Bulk50 or it will not craft until less than half the specified amount is stored.

For the second issue place a logistics fluid supplier on the tank and specify liquid and amount to store in the tank. the supplier then will request new fluid from your fluid provider pipe attached to the fluid producer (e.g. still or refinery). You need no fluid pipes as LP crafts little force buckets to transfer fluids by item pipe. Very efficient an liquid-saving.
Alternatively you can have a fluid insertion pipe on your producing block and a basic fluid pipe on your tank set to the fluid you want to store. As soon as there is room in the tank the insertion pipe will send a little force bucket and the producing block will refill its internal tank. A logistics fluid provider pipe on the same tank will then provide the fluid for your fluid suppliers anywhere in the system.

When you really need the redstone signal, you have to use a BC gate.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
For your first issue simply put a supplier pipe to that inventory and specify item type and amount to store. This supplier will request the crafting as soon as the inventory lacks the specified items. Be sure to have it on partial, not the default Bulk50 or it will not craft until less than half the specified amount is stored.

I am familiar with the supplier, and how to have it keep stock in an inventory. It doesn't provide the redstone signal the level emitter does. I'll look at the gates though.

For the second issue place a logistics fluid supplier on the tank and specify liquid and amount to store in the tank. the supplier then will request new fluid from your fluid provider pipe attached to the fluid producer (e.g. still or refinery). You need no fluid pipes as LP crafts little force buckets to transfer fluids by item pipe. Very efficient an liquid-saving.
Alternatively you can have a fluid insertion pipe on your producing block and a basic fluid pipe on your tank set to the fluid you want to store. As soon as there is room in the tank the insertion pipe will send a little force bucket and the producing block will refill its internal tank. A logistics fluid provider pipe on the same tank will then provide the fluid for your fluid suppliers anywhere in the system.

When you really need the redstone signal, you have to use a BC gate.

Again it comes down to the redstone signal. I can use providers and suppliers, but I have to trigger machines via redstone signals to create the resources to provide. I may just make the machines detect when they are full to stop, and run when there is room in their internal tank.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
I may just make the machines detect when they are full to stop, and run when there is room in their internal tank.
That would be your only option. Most machines stop anyway when their internal buffer is full. I opened a suggestion for a level emitter on their issue tracker a while ago but they didn't see the needs.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
That would be your only option. Most machines stop anyway when their internal buffer is full. I opened a suggestion for a level emitter on their issue tracker a while ago but they didn't see the needs.

I'm a huge Rotarycraft fan, and "always on" power isn't common. Unlike the traditional coal farm & boiler combo. I have to be selective of when I spend fuel.

I did have to use BC Gates to detect when the LP Junction wants power, and now have that wired up to run an engine only when needed.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
often you can use a separate buffer and detect when the buffer is nearly empty/nearly full and switch on that

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone seen an issue where items being extracted (chassis pipe, mk3 extractor) will frequently goto the default route instead of a passive item sink configured for that item?

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, but I think you mean the passive supplier module, right?. This is the case when the inventory next to the supplier module is full.
The extractor extracs always, the supplier just has a higher priority. First passive supplier, then item sinks assigned to the item, then terminus modules assigned to the item and lastly the default route.
If you want to prevent filling the default route, you gotta use a quicksort module. That one only extracts when it finds a valid destination other than default route (bear in mind, that this includes any terminus module assigned for that item).

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
In this case the inventories are not full or filling. One is when I run my RoC extractor, outputting an item per tick via mk3 extractor module. The flakes that come out are supposed to route to the passive item sinks on an obsidian chest (huge) linked to my furnace farm. A pittance end up there, the rest goto the default route. There's plenty of room.

I had this issue on a boring mine (like a quarry), and I had to put in basic LP's and configure them instead of using the passive modules. That's not the behavior I expected.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Could you test if the problem persists when you use a MKII or MKI extractor? Maybe the ISided of the chest is a bit lazy and so the sink 'belives' the chest is full.
If the problem persists you should report this to their issues page.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
So you DID mean the passive supplier module. Did you configure it to supply a certain number of items? When you do that, it doesn't act as valid destination anymore, as soon as there is the requested number of items in the inventory, regardless of space left.
I never used them, I prefer the active supplier pipe and to use the default route as buffer for the surplus. It'll be like christmas when they finally finish implementing the actve supplier module. Then you can have active supply together with item sink and provider in a MKIII chassis.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
So you DID mean the passive supplier module. Did you configure it to supply a certain number of items? When you do that, it doesn't act as valid destination anymore, as soon as there is the requested number of items in the inventory, regardless of space left.
I never used them, I prefer the active supplier pipe and to use the default route as buffer for the surplus. It'll be like christmas when they finally finish implementing the actve supplier module. Then you can have active supply together with item sink and provider in a MKIII chassis.

Further thought reveals why this is a throughput issue. It's not a bug.

If the passive supplier module is configured with 1 of each item, then only the first will goto that destination, until the next check of it's contents. Other items overflow and goto the default route.

The item sink says "send all of this item to me".

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly. Maybe putting the passive supplier to infinite mode would solve this, but then you can use the item sink anyways.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly. Maybe putting the passive supplier to infinite mode would solve this, but then you can use the item sink anyways.

Passive suppliers have no config like an active supplier. I likely should have used item sinks all along, but I thought the PSM was a higher priority destination. If it only grabs 1 item at a time instead of as many as possible, then it's not useful to me.