[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Alternate Terrain Generation or Realistic World Generation.
Maybe I'm being thick-headed or just not 'getting it'...not trying to be difficult here. I was under the impression that one had to select 'World Type: Biomes O' Plenty' as the world generator to play this modpack. And doing so forces MC to use BoP's terrain generation. I've already tried using OWG as the world type but didn't see any BoP biomes when I loaded up the world.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I'm being thick-headed or just not 'getting it'...not trying to be difficult here. I was under the impression that one had to select 'World Type: Biomes O' Plenty' as the world generator to play this modpack. And doing so forces MC to use BoP's terrain generation. I've already tried using OWG as the world type but didn't see any BoP biomes when I loaded up the world.
I don't get your issue.

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
i have noticed that watering can doesnt work with trees, is it disabled?
It works fine on trees.A lot of trees though are fussy about what's near them. Spruce for example won't grow if there's a torch (or anything else) in the 8 blocks around it.

Raveren

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I have a problem which makes this modpack unplayable for me - Lots of chunks just doesn't load. It's like that server bug, where you just wander around and sometimes chunks doesn't load at all, but I'm playing SSP and it's like 30% of chunks doesn't load. It's just unplayable, and it happens on multiple worlds. Restarting MC does nothing. I have the same problem on DW20 pack. On Impact Flux I don't have this problem though.

I've added Optifine and Fastcraft to the pack (I have like 0 fps without them).

SinanOzerS

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I have a problem which makes this modpack unplayable for me - Lots of chunks just doesn't load. It's like that server bug, where you just wander around and sometimes chunks doesn't load at all, but I'm playing SSP and it's like 30% of chunks doesn't load. It's just unplayable, and it happens on multiple worlds. Restarting MC does nothing. I have the same problem on DW20 pack. On Impact Flux I don't have this problem though.

I have similar problems too; i mean performance problems. For example my NEI Item Usage function (U button) is freezing the game like 4 or 5 seconds and the game itself always have a fps problem, even on the lowest settings. That's all because this modpack has a ton of mods that mediocre computers (like mine) can't really handle it.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah my client is become unresponsive for 4-5 secs.
If you're saying the client is unresponsive for 4-5 secs after using NEI's item use search function ['U' key], then it may be an issue with NEI or an NEI addon. Just looked and the NEI version in the pack seems 'kinda' old [1.0.3.74]...recommended version is 1.0.5.82. You might see if updating solves that problem.

If your client is freezing every 4-5 secs, that may be an issue with JourneyMap. JM needs a 'fast' system to run smoothly on in it's default state...otherwise the client will stutter. You can still use it on 'slower' systems, but you need to hobble it by turning off most of the settings. I've been getting good performance out of JM but I'm only using it for it's waypoint functionality and the minimap is just a minimap [no mobs/cavemode/etc.]. I've disabled everything else...but my client no longer stutters either.

SinanOzerS

Jul 29, 2019
If you're saying the client is unresponsive for 4-5 secs after using NEI's item use search function ['U' key], then it may be an issue with NEI or an NEI addon. Just looked and the NEI version in the pack seems 'kinda' old [1.0.3.74]...recommended version is 1.0.5.82. You might see if updating solves that problem.

Thanks for the answer, well it looks like 1.0.3.74 is the recommended version of the NEI for 1.7.10. 1.0.5.82 is for 1.8 i think.

Reactions: Yulife

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the answer, well it looks like 1.0.3.74 is the recommended version of the NEI for 1.7.10. 1.0.5.82 is for 1.8 i think.
Whoops. You are correct. NEI's forum front page isn't updated so I didn't even think to look at MC version number on the download page. Something about your problem sticks in my mind relating to NEI though. Reminds me of NEI lag issues. Turning off synchronized search with AE terminals and making sure no subsets were hidden in NEI was the solution...but I'm certain this was fixed as I was able to do both in an updated version of ImpactFlux.

Raveren

Jul 29, 2019

Any ideas for my problem though? I really want to know what's causing these problems. Pack is unplayable right now for me :(

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Any ideas for my problem though? I really want to know what's causing these problems. Pack is unplayable right now for me :(
If this was directed at me...
I can only address problems I have experience with...and I've never had a chunk loading issue. Quick google fu suggested a few things:
Make sure you have enough RAM allocated, are using Java7 - 64-bit, and that your launcher knows where Java is.
Ensure Java is running off the 'best' video card in your PC [if you have multiple or addon card/integrated chip combo].
Start with the latest version of FastCraft and begin rolling back versions until the problem is solved.

Have you made any changes to the pack [additions/updates]? Try using the pack as-is and see if you still get the problem.

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019

Your computer simply can't cut it. Not trying to be mean or fob you off, but that's the case here I think.