Problem I Think Java 8 update 31 is crashing my FTB Monster Server

Kremlin16

Jul 29, 2019
I run a private server for my roommates and I off of my PC. I've never had a problem with it till now. I just updated to java SE8 Update 31, and now the server will not start. In fact, I tried launching a brand new server as well and still gave me an "unable to launch" error. Since my Java was the only thing I changed, I think that might be it, but I am not skilled in "log-ese." I've attached the log below, if someone could make sense of it and confirm/deny my suspicions that would be fantastic.

Log-->http://goo.gl/UWU2ss

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
pastebin you logs please don't put them for download...

and yes java 8 doesn't always play nice with mods

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using a bunch of special Java flags, such as the ones that people commonly recommend on these forums?

If I remember correctly, these flags change for J8 and may not behave well. Try removing all but Xms and Xmx flags and see if the server will start at all. If so, stop it and add the PermGen flags and check again. Rinse and repeat, adding flags bit by bit until you find the problem ones.

If that sounds too onerous, revert to Java 7.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Planetguy

Jul 29, 2019
You don't seem to have the Legacy Java Fixer installed. Java 8 exposed a bug in Forge's mod sorting code, and that coremod fixes it. It's not necessary to install it on both client and server, but chances are client modpacks already ship with it anyway.