[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
Thus far, I've had rather bad luck when it comes to reward bags giving AE2 things, I think the earliest I got some useful things was just after Rotunda, for the most part, I just kept getting weapons & tools from bags, a couple of 1k Drives notwithstanding. That, and I like to ensure I have a "stable" (and, preferably, self-sufficient) power supply before getting into AE2 as I've gotten distracted in the past to the point where my power supply has died because I didn't throw more fuel in to a generator, and because I didn't have access to my stuff...

Also, you need the Inscriber Presses to really do much of anything outside of what reward bags get you, and you get those roughly around Inclusion Chamber^4, if I'm remembering right.

Besides, I'm a bit of an "old-school" player in that I prefer traditional item/block storage up to a point where I'm really hard pressed to store things in an organized way, then I'll start looking into alternative storage methods.

Fill the reactor with cryothium and you are pretty much set for life as far as power goes on this map. I just cleared (as in 100%, everything of value looted and everything else lit up, I take my time) Inclusion Chamber^4 and have been making a lot of diamonds and such up to this point using hundreds of millions of RF and my reactor is at 98% fuel still, I haven't added any to it and haven't used any other power source. The AE system could run for decades off that power. I understand wanting to be self sufficient and having a fuel source that will never run out, I was worried about that at first myself, but really the reactor is there to be used and honestly you don't have to worry about it at all, and you want to use it because you need the byproducts for crafting stuff.

fizzdizz

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really enjoying this modpack. Met a bit of frustration today with the FC mod. The mod in general lags quite heavily, a current major problem with it is range upgrades in the farm manager. It's enough to cripple my system, and I'm not playing on an average computer. Is there a bug report thread anywhere? Anyway, just wanted to warn people that the range upgrade has a memory leak for me, so if you are having problems try plucking it out of the farm and breaking/replacing the farm.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't gotten to the point where many people are saying the creativity breaks down, but I did think of something while reading those posts: It might be an interesting idea (perhaps for ME^5?) to tap the community for spatial dimension designs. Perhaps a competition, either guided (where you provide some guidelines on the kinds of things you wand, at the cost of spoiling some of the details of the map), or free form, in which case you could pick those maps that fill the niche you need filled.

Because building the progression system off the back of an all-star line-up of crowd-sourced designs could make for one helluva sick modpack, with the advantage that multiple people are less likely to suffer creative fatigue :)

The AE system could run for decades off that power. I understand wanting to be self sufficient and having a fuel source that will never run out, I was worried about that at first myself, but really the reactor is there to be used and honestly you don't have to worry about it at all, and you want to use it because you need the byproducts for crafting stuff.
I think the AE system can run off stored energy for decades, let alone the reactor: I actually turned off the Reactor soon after starting, because I didn't know where the power was going and I wanted to see what would shut down. I didn't get around to reactivating it until well into the Rotunda, and never once did my AE system suffer for lack of power. (I should add that I'm a ridiculously slow and meticulous player; I spend way more time futzing about with my machines in the Observatory than I do actually exploring new dimensions... and now, with Steve's Factory Manager? Oh, God, I'm never going to finish this map... ;) )

Of course, I wasn't using that stored power for anything else---ExtraUtilities x8 generators were enough for my machines---but still, there's a TON of power in all those Dense Energy Cubes scattered around Spatial IO and elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: nursemmalee

Keksschleuder1

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really enjoying this modpack. Met a bit of frustration today with the FC mod. The mod in general lags quite heavily, a current major problem with it is range upgrades in the farm manager. It's enough to cripple my system, and I'm not playing on an average computer. Is there a bug report thread anywhere? Anyway, just wanted to warn people that the range upgrade has a memory leak for me, so if you are having problems try plucking it out of the farm and breaking/replacing the farm.

Not sure if it's the range upgrade alone that strangles FPS/TPS to death or the combination of rangeupgrade and insufficient powersupply.
Anyways after I removed a 7x7 farm with MCedit to save my map, I'm only running 3x3 Farms which don't seem to cause major lag. (The gemcutter/refiner does tho :/)

The dev said a few pages back that he fixed all of his machines.
We'll have to wait for the next update to see if that's true.

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
Of course, I wasn't using that stored power for anything else---ExtraUtilities x8 generators were enough for my machines---but still, there's a TON of power in all those Dense Energy Cubes scattered around Spatial IO and elsewhere.
I got 2 x64 Survivalist Generators through Reward Bags. Might not be the fastest source of power, but it's ridiculously efficient. And with the Resonant Cache of Fences I got from another bag, I just pipe them into one of the generators and I'm set for life. :p

Reactions: ryry46d9

WTFail89

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys just having a small problem my crops aren't growing I've got them underneath my Observatory my Sugar Cane is growing fine but nothing else any suggestions?

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I also generally wait to get into AE until I have a good renewable power source. However, with the lack of Jabba and Iron Chests or any other storage mod, I decided to jump into AE immediately (why not, you have a fully ready AE system with terminals, a drive bay, and several 1k/4k drives). I turned off the Reactor and saw a small drain on the reserves. It lasted a while until I figured out how everything was hooked up. Then when I rebuilt the reactor into a more efficient design I found out just how much power the AE system was drawing.

Adding 1 terminal and 1 drive bay (I removed the 2 hidden ME chests between the observatory and the spatial pylon room), my basic ME system was using less than 4 RF/t!!!!! I was in disbelief. The included survivalist generator, running on charcoal, is enough to keep this thing going indefinitely. 1 stack of charcoal lasts over 14 hours in the generator.

Keksschleuder1

Jul 29, 2019
I also generally wait to get into AE until I have a good renewable power source. However, with the lack of Jabba and Iron Chests or any other storage mod, I decided to jump into AE immediately (why not, you have a fully ready AE system with terminals, a drive bay, and several 1k/4k drives). I turned off the Reactor and saw a small drain on the reserves. It lasted a while until I figured out how everything was hooked up. Then when I rebuilt the reactor into a more efficient design I found out just how much power the AE system was drawing.

Adding 1 terminal and 1 drive bay (I removed the 2 hidden ME chests between the observatory and the spatial pylon room), my basic ME system was using less than 4 RF/t!!!!! I was in disbelief. The included survivalist generator, running on charcoal, is enough to keep this thing going indefinitely. 1 stack of charcoal lasts over 14 hours in the generator.

Yea, aslong you don't touch minechem or fluxedCrystals you won't have any powerissues ;)

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys just having a small problem my crops aren't growing I've got them underneath my Observatory my Sugar Cane is growing fine but nothing else any suggestions?
Not working ever? The first thing I added to mine was the "Night Upgrade". I'm assuming it's not meant to run during night normally, and although you can't tell, there still is a day/night cycle in the end.

vernygora

Jul 29, 2019
There is one problem I've been having since 1.0.0 that I don't think was in 0.7.0. The main interface seems unusually laggy - selecting tools on the hotbar often snaps back, and trying to right-click-and-hold things is problematic. Food resets its animation; so do bows, which makes them really a pain to use (but as far as I can tell they still actually draw properly).

I got the same issue (currently on 1.0.3, but I've had it since 1.0.0). Anyone has any ideas on how to fix it?

Keksschleuder1

Jul 29, 2019
I got the same issue (currently on 1.0.3, but I've had it since 1.0.0). Anyone has any ideas on how to fix it?
its the magnet. You have to either turn it off, or live with the sideeffects. No fix for it yet.
It's only a visual bug tho, iirc (you can switch to a crossbow if you want to keep using the magnet+ a ranged weapon)

Last edited:

WTFail89

Jul 29, 2019
Not working ever? The first thing I added to mine was the "Night Upgrade". I'm assuming it's not meant to run during night normally, and although you can't tell, there still is a day/night cycle in the end.
No not at all there not growing on there own I mean I can apply Bonemeal ETC to make them grow but nothing else and yes I have noticed its constantly in a night time cycle seeing as though I can sleep whenever, It is a bit annoying when I need Pumpkins for that quest al though I can get those from Minechem

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019
its the magnet. You have to either turn it off, or live with the sideeffects. No fix for it yet.
It's only a visual bug tho, iirc (you can switch to a crossbow if you want to keep using the magnet+ a ranged weapon)
Yes, confirmed; soon as I turn off the magnet it's fine. It's not ENTIRELY a visual bug, though - the odd right-click-and-hold behaviour seems to mostly be, but even then, bows sometimes won't fire if I let go when the animation's just reset. However, sometimes the very act of selecting a hotbar item is prone to rubberbanding.

Belated thanks to whomever mentioned this some pages back, by the way. Not sure if that was Keksschleuder1 or somebody else, offhand (I think several people mentioned it anyway), but it does help.

Reactions: Jemes78

Darkseed

Jul 29, 2019
Ok Anyone know how or where to add more seeds for fluxed crystals?
Specifically without changing the ids of all my other seed items.

I've managed to add clay but each time I add it in a file it changes all the other seeds I have, or it causes the game to fail to load.

Any help would be appreciated

Darkseed

Jul 29, 2019
ExtraUtilities.cfg IIRC I think its that I:deepDarkDimensionID=100 has to be changed

Might be wrong though

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Molten Kalendrite in Biosphere^4 supposed to eat buckets? Like I can scoop up a source block, but the bucket disappears and I don't get anything, I've gone through 5 buckets trying it. I can probably use a pump to get it, but it seems weird to me, I see that a "Bucket of Molten Kalendrite" exists in NEI.