[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

rhodsey17

Jul 29, 2019
Update Mekanism.

Is that a known fix or a suggestion/guess? I know its your pack but i've not seen it in the last few threads and others haven't had that problem. Is it going to cause compatibility issues with anything else?

Also i've not seen you mention is there going to be a 1.2.3 coming with these updates to prevent people having to update mods manually as I'm at the point where I'd probably just wait for that and stick on 1.2.0. With a lot of trial and error I probably could get my single player world working but trying to talk the people on my server how to manually update what would be trickier.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Is that a known fix or a suggestion/guess? I know its your pack but i've not seen it in the last few threads and others haven't had that problem. Is it going to cause compatibility issues with anything else?

Also i've not seen you mention is there going to be a 1.2.3 coming with these updates to prevent people having to update mods manually as I'm at the point where I'd probably just wait for that and stick on 1.2.0. With a lot of trial and error I probably could get my single player world working but trying to talk the people on my server how to manually update what would be trickier.
1.2.2 is way more stable than 1.2.0. 1.2.3 will soon be made, I am just very busy recently. And updating Mekanism is a suggestion. Not sure if it fixes it, you tell me : P

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
It was mentioned earlier in the thread that the IC2 api in Mekanism is out of date. Which will cause the server to crash in smp if you have any Mekanism generators or possibly other machines. I've tested it and found that I do not crash in single player with it but if I run it on a server then it crashes every time on 1.2.2.

Reactions: Yulife

rhodsey17

Jul 29, 2019
1.2.2 is way more stable than 1.2.0. 1.2.3 will soon be made, I am just very busy recently. And updating Mekanism is a suggestion. Not sure if it fixes it, you tell me : P

Thanks and no rush on 1.2.3 its not like we're paying you your proper life comes first :) Although I think i'm going to hold off on updating until theres a stable1.2.3 or 2.0 as I at least know 1.2.0 works

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that the IC2 api in Mekanism is out of date. Which will cause the server to crash in smp if you have any Mekanism generators or possibly other machines. I've tested it and found that I do not crash in single player with it but if I run it on a server then it crashes every time on 1.2.2.

Mekanism seems to run fine (mostly) on my SMP so is this just something affected by the update to 1.2.2 and the mods updated within it? And is the latest available version of mekanism ok then?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Why does the 3x ore processing take so much power? 1600 RF/t

Surprised no one addressed this...Pretty sure if you delete your 'Mekanism.cfg' file and let it get recreated, you'll notice a 10-fold decrease in Electrolytic Separator power usage [which I believe is the root cause of your complaint]. If you notice no change, edit Mekanism.cfg and change "D:HydrogenEnergyDensity=2000.0" to "D:HydrogenEnergyDensity=200.0".

'HydrogenEnergyDensity=200.0' is the intended setting [feel free to confirm with ACB] and should have been implemented in the configs of newer Mekanism builds. It lowers the energy required by the Electrolytic Separator to a reasonable number but also reduces the energy output of the Gas Generator by the same factor [so you'll still need 2-per to fully power the separator with no excess].

Hello all. Coming from ImpactFlux modpack which is sadly no longer updated. Had many issues with that playthrough I hopefully won't see so much of here. Couple/three things I've learned that shouldn't be news to anyone:
Don't use Dense ME Conduits, as they don't work correctly yet. ME Conduits [8-channel] seem to be OK.
EnderIO tree farms sometimes forget to harvest branches [which can kill the farm depending on tree type].
External Distributor [Steve's Carts 2] forgets it's settings every time you load the world or program another ED to use the same side/color as the previous ED.
Extra Utilities Spikes will not drop skulls/heads [at least not for me]. Gold and Diamond drop XP.

Guess that's all for now.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...this does not bode well. Downloaded 'recommended' version through FTB and Launching with MMC. Manually updated EIO, AE2 [to rv2Beta8], ExtraCells, and ThaumicEnergistics. Getting this crash.

Ahh...looks like ThaumicEnergistics version is tied to AE rv2 version. Downgraded to AE2 rv2Beta7 gets me to the title screen.

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
If you have some wheat from a dungeon chest, or after buying the bees from a villager (They make wheat) then just put wheat into a crafting grid, and you'll get a seed. That's probably the easiest way.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Search Fu yielded mixed results on this next question...

If I'm reading things correctly, Biomes O' Plenty is optional in v1.1.0+. So I'm assuming the Botania quest related to BoP has either been changed to no longer rely solely on BoP or has been removed altogether??
If BoP is still required for the quest, which biomes does it depend upon [so I can possible turn off the generation of some].

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
how I get wheat seed?

With a hoe or mattock right click grass away from water and you can get wheat seeds a long with other things.

Search Fu yielded mixed results on this next question...

If I'm reading things correctly, Biomes O' Plenty is optional in v1.1.0+. So I'm assuming the Botania quest related to BoP has either been changed to no longer rely solely on BoP or has been removed altogether??
If BoP is still required for the quest, which biomes does it depend upon [so I can possible turn off the generation of some].

Last I checked Biomes O' Plenty has always been required and was the preferred world type for the pack.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Last I checked Biomes O' Plenty has always been required and was the preferred world type for the pack.

Once it goes optional in 1.1.0 I don't think those problem will occur anymore.
If people want BoP they enable and use it, if not they disable BoP which solves the issue.

Edit: Ok. More search Fu revealed above quote may no longer be accurate. So which BoP biomes do I need or do I just need BoP enabled?

Last edited:

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say that's changed. I don't know what would happen if you DISABLED bop, but just choosing a different world type definitely doesn't work.

ZeSapper

Jul 29, 2019
This pack looks almost perfect for my playstyle. I just want to know if I can add in a few mods without trouble the mods I had in mind were, Backpacks, Damage Indicators, Infernal Mobs, Advanced Thaumaturgy, Technomancy, Sanguimancy and Spice of Life. Thanks!

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
Spice of life works fine.

Backpacks I don't know as a mod. Forestry by default has it's own turned off, but after turning them on, there's a couple from other mods (enderio maybe?) already included. And strongboxes from TE are nice.

I don't know the others in this pack, but infernal mobs shouldn't be an issue, but the idea of an infernal blood moon is kind of scary.

Reactions: ZeSapper

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
If you have some wheat from a dungeon chest, or after buying the bees from a villager (They make wheat) then just put wheat into a crafting grid, and you'll get a seed. That's probably the easiest way.
Nope. The easiest way is to keep right-clicking grass land more than 4 blocks away from any water source, you'll get many seeds, one of them will be wheat seed

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
This pack looks almost perfect for my playstyle. I just want to know if I can add in a few mods without trouble the mods I had in mind were, Backpacks, Damage Indicators, Infernal Mobs, Advanced Thaumaturgy, Technomancy, Sanguimancy and Spice of Life. Thanks!
In addition to what @mrbaggins said, Damage Indicators, Technomancy, Sanguimancy should be fine. Advanced Thaumaturgy is not updated to TC4.2 api so no.
You can only try it yourself to find out, especially some optional mod make big difference (e.g. IC2 which I never use)

Reactions: ZeSapper and Yulife

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
That post is a few months old :x BoP will never go optional, I just love it too much, lol.
I couldn't find a more recent post that directly contradicted it [just indirectly]. My issue with BoP is the 'flat' & 'forested' terrain gen. I've been trying to make the biomes I have no interest in seeing generate much less by adjusting the weights, but I keep getting worlds I don't like [no super-high mountains / forests & plains everywhere]. And using BoP template, I lose the ability to use any seeds where I know how the world 'should' generate.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do to bend BoP's terrain gen to my will...without breaking any associated quests?

edit: spelling

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
I couldn't find a more recent post that directly contradicted it [just indirectly]. My issue with BoP is the 'flat' & 'forested' terrain gen. I've been trying to make the biomes I have no interest in seeing generate much less by adjusting the weights, but I keep getting worlds I don't like [no super-high mountains / forests & plains everywhere]. And using BoP template, I lose the ability to use any seeds where I know how the world 'should' generate.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do to bend BoP's terrain gen to my will...without breaking any associated quests?

edit: spelling
Alternate Terrain Generation or Realistic World Generation.

SinanOzerS

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. The easiest way is to keep right-clicking grass land more than 4 blocks away from any water source, you'll get many seeds, one of them will be wheat seed

It's not working for me, grass turning the farmland instead of dropping the seeds. Why ? :(