[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Malzie

Jul 29, 2019
When ever I use the spectre key or Compact Machines to go to another dimension. Nothing loads. All I get is a sky blue color. I don't fall, I can't jump, and I cannot move in any direction.

Is this intended? If so, why have it in the pack at all if it cannot be used?

VCbpWFm.png

Reactions: Toskin

setanator

Jul 29, 2019
When ever I use the spectre key or Compact Machines to go to another dimension. Nothing loads. All I get is a sky blue color. I don't fall, I can't jump, and I cannot move in any direction.

Is this intended? If so, why have it in the pack at all if it cannot be used?
its a problem with mod that force sets the world to be the same you have to reload it when you switch demionsons

magicreal

Jul 29, 2019
how can i become an op in my server? in other pack i put my name in op.txt files...but now i see a different type of file...and diffetent way to complete...someone can explane how do that? tanks

Reactions: swallowtail717

4t3

Jul 29, 2019
I get a crash on startup, the main error being "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: gnu/trove/map/hash/TByteObjectHashMap", can someone help please? Thanks in advance and can't wait to play.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Is this pick bugged, or is it really just this awesome? (The "INCORRECT DATA" error message only appeared on its last level-up, but it won't go away when I place it in a crafting window.)

I'm especially interested in the experience stat: It seems ridiculously low---it's leveled up well over a dozen times, maxing out at the highest point and then looping back around to "Clumsy+", and then to its current "Adept+"---when the "INCORRECT DATA" error first appeared. The mining speed is also rather nuts---I've been putting all of my modifier slots into redstone, as I frankly can't think of anything else I want to add to it (yeah, Auto-Smelt would be nice, except someone had to go and make Coal smeltable ;) ).

I originally got it in a reward bag as a Pig Iron Pickaxe, and have replaced a few of the parts (most recently with an Alumite head).

KExraXR.png

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Fair point. Flight in the pack is tricky. ~17M cookies? >_>

There are a couple ways to expedite the manufacture of cookies. Using normal farm and the reinforced watering can using the soul fragment you get from one of the quests or using the fluxed crystals to grow triple compressed cookies.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Is this pick bugged, or is it really just this awesome? (The "INCORRECT DATA" error message only appeared on its last level-up, but it won't go away when I place it in a crafting window.)

I'm especially interested in the experience stat: It seems ridiculously low---it's leveled up well over a dozen times, maxing out at the highest point and then looping back around to "Clumsy+", and then to its current "Adept+"---when the "INCORRECT DATA" error first appeared. The mining speed is also rather nuts---I've been putting all of my modifier slots into redstone, as I frankly can't think of anything else I want to add to it (yeah, Auto-Smelt would be nice, except someone had to go and make Coal smeltable ;) ).

I originally got it in a reward bag as a Pig Iron Pickaxe, and have replaced a few of the parts (most recently with an Alumite head).

KExraXR.png

I think there is a bug or new and unstable feture that lets you level up your tools and weapons with out limit. It should go or rather used to go something like legendary then legendary+ and then stop.
The data error comes from when the stats or combination of upgrades exceed the set limits.

lotr88

Jul 29, 2019
@lotr88
Why slime binding? Wouldn't paper one give you extra +M?
Also could you put your x-bow into your hotbar with your bolts next to it THEN shift+point at it so it'd show it's estimated damage (with Bolts bonuses) in the tooltip?

Eventually could you post screenie from hitting this guy(tested at 1.0.1, works fine):
MmmMmmMmmMmm
Well last time i tested the paper tough rod didnt add extra modifier, or i missed smt?
@lotr88
Adding Diamond/Emerald to my Steel/Steel/B.Slime bolts seem to add permanent "This tool has invalid data" thingy, also weight doesn't change, the damage goes up from +11 to +18 though.
Are you on 1.0.1 or 1.03?
actually, my bolt has those modifier from leveling up, dont know about manual way. And i'm still on 1.0.1

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
I think there is a bug or new and unstable feture that lets you level up your tools and weapons with out limit. It should go or rather used to go something like legendary then legendary+ and then stop.
The data error comes from when the stats or combination of upgrades exceed the set limits.
Ugh, now I have to choose between cheating, or abandoning my carefully-cultivated awesome pick for a fresh crappy one ;)

I did find a possible bug/unintended feature/exploit in the newest version: Quartz Slabs can be crafted into Chiseled Quartz Blocks, which can be Pulverized into 4x Nether Quartz. This makes Nether Quartz available from the Biosphere, rather than having to wait until Rotunda. I don't think this was possible before, because I remember looking for ways to get Nether Quartz early on and I'm sure I would have come upon this.

lotr88

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh, now I have to choose between cheating, or abandoning my carefully-cultivated awesome pick for a fresh crappy one ;)

I did find a possible bug/unintended feature/exploit in the newest version: Quartz Slabs can be crafted into Chiseled Quartz Blocks, which can be Pulverized into 4x Nether Quartz. This makes Nether Quartz available from the Biosphere, rather than having to wait until Rotunda. I don't think this was possible before, because I remember looking for ways to get Nether Quartz early on and I'm sure I would have come upon this.
The Nether Quartz is available from the beginning. There are Nether Quartz Stairs in Obs room. You can pulverize them to get Nether Quartz.

Edit: And those stairs are in the Biosphere too.

Malzie

Jul 29, 2019

You can pulverize the quartz stairs that are all over the building. xD That is what I did for early game quartz. Maybe it was cheating? It is suggested to use everything available though... *shrugs*

EDIT: ^ He/She beat me to it!

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
The Nether Quartz is available from the beginning. There are Nether Quartz Stairs in Obs room. You can pulverize them to get Nether Quartz.

Edit: And those stairs are in the Biosphere too.
You can pulverize the quartz stairs that are all over the building. xD That is what I did for early game quartz. Maybe it was cheating? It is suggested to use everything available though... *shrugs*

EDIT: ^ He/She beat me to it!
That is so bizarre---it was seeing the Quartz Slabs in the Biosphere that made me check NEI for ways to get Nether Quartz. I can't believe I missed those recipes back then :p

liath

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know why fluxed crystals in 1.0.3 is causing my world to lag to death?

Should I be updating to Java 8 or something?

SteamCrunk

Jul 29, 2019
Got to the overworld quest, went and explored the mountain and cave, grabbed the brown wool...and now I'm stuck, as I can't find my way home.

After the frustration that was Ice Castle and Reds, I think I'm done with this pack.

As for constructive criticism: I feel like the level design got lazier the further into the pack I went. This is further reinforced by the fact that later levels have far less objectives. It went from levels providing a challenge but being adequately rewarding (Biosphere is a great example of this) to just areas with loads of spawners and not many chests. Sure, the 2 or 3 chests an area would have would contain legendary bags, but once you have flying and some decent armor (not to mention a legendary bag farm), those chests are honestly pretty lackluster. The maps stopped being fun around Miner's Delight^4. That was the first map that just felt like it was designed to kill me without regard for actual enjoyment. Rotunda^4 wasn't actually that bad, although Ice Castle and Reds are most definitely the largest offenders in the 'kill players, no rewards' category.

Ice Castle is just 'hey, lets see what I can do with ice blocks and creepers', with lackluster rewards at best. Reds needs to be scrapped. A solid block of Silverfish Eggs is not only anti-fun, but can be hell on servers if your players decide to get creative (I decided TNT would be the most efficient way to find the wool. One server crash later, I was mining by hand). If you're insisting on keeping Reds the way it is, at least make a stone path down to the wool itself, so players can manually feel out the path with their pickaxe, instead of having to mine an egg, kill some silverfish, and repeat, hoping they find the skystone box.

Lastly, the Overworld. It's a neat concept, and the Dwarven Fortress was really nice. The problem is not everyone is going to bring stacks upon stacks upon stacks of torches with them. I myself had Night Vision via Ender IO and Flying, so I just flew where I needed to go. I proceeded to lose my spawn point, as I didn't think to note down the coordinates; I assumed (wrongly) that there would be a method of exit at the wool.

Furthermore, the way back into The End seems to be bugged, unless flying is mandatory at this point, as jumping into the end portal to what I assumed was home just left me on a platform in the end, with nothing in sight. After flying around aimlessly for a while I found the portal and the dragon egg that took me back into the facility, but had I not had flying, I would have been stuck there, short of killing myself (which, if the design is intended this way, needs to be changed).

Last edited: