[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
This is why i no longer play this mod pack in hardcore! This is the second time i have been killed by a meteor. :(

Can you add unbreaking to terrasteel armor?

OK<OK.. I thought I had the worst luck in the WORLD, but that is just wrong. The odds of being hit by a meteor have to be astronomical<"Yes had to spell check"> I would like to say I am very sorry from one unlucky person to another:(

Reactions: JimmyJam

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
OK<OK.. I thought I had the worst luck in the WORLD, but that is just wrong. The odds of being hit by a meteor have to be astronomical<"Yes had to spell check"> I would like to say I am very sorry from one unlucky person to another:(

When i leave the safety of the shield, i get about 2 or 3 fall! I have to keep an eye on the sky!

Davs

Jul 29, 2019
I know it repairs itself with mana but i just wanted to know if i can add unbreaking becasue it has so little durability. I could see myself breaking it in a dungeon. :)
I've enchanted my terrasteel chestplate with 30lvl and got protection IV and unbreaking III, so yes, you can! :)

Reactions: JimmyJam

Davs

Jul 29, 2019
BTW i managed to find that campfire for ghasts, works like a charm. However I still lack a good source of blazerods. (I could go to the nether but I die there every time, I'm waiting to complete my terrasteel armor set for better protection)

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
BTW i managed to find that campfire for ghasts, works like a charm. However I still lack a good source of blazerods. (I could go to the nether but I die there every time, I'm waiting to complete my terrasteel armor set for better protection)
there are blaze spawner in the over world! in some of the rocks! kind of hard to find tho

Davs

Jul 29, 2019
there are blaze spawner in the over world! in some of the rocks! kind of hard to find tho
interesting..I'll look for them..

What is the best way for fighting insanity? I mean often I need to get up from the dungeon just because I went insane.. I have flover on my hotbar and all.. It is increasing, but very slowly.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Since I still hope that infinite water will remain disabled in the next update (looks at @karmarcharger :)), here a compact setup for Flaxbeard's.

yqfMDC0l.png

yqfMDC0.png
The Stripes Pipe (powered by a Pulsating Gate or Redstone Engine) harvests the snow and feeds it into a compacting Drawer. One single field for the golem is enough for it to work.
The snow blocks are send into a loop over the crucibles. If there is no room in any of them, then they go back into the drawer, no need to worry about them spilling over. The Gold Pipes make sure that there are not too many snow blocks circling around, even when using the redstone Engine. Water is extracted from the sides with gates or engines.

aVtaZ0Hl.png

aVtaZ0H.png
All the water goes into a drum as buffer, from there into the Flash Boiler. It needs an Emerald Pipe to keep up with the boiler when it is heating up. But the Steam Tanks at the boiler provide again a buffer, the boiler doesn't need to run that often. My boiler has 10 tanks and I use Lava as heat source. One bucket fills about 25% of the steam back up.

ZiLmuKGl.png

ZiLmuKG.png
The actual machines are mostly the stuff from the quests. All I use are the furnaces (they are really efficient with the steam) and the hammer to repair gear.

Completely unrelated, but I haven't seen it here before. A simple thingie to make smashing stone to gravel or gravel to sand more convenient.
6UypCz1l.png

6UypCz1.png
Throw a stack or two into the chest, the blocks are placed in front of the Stripes Pipe. You can just stand there and keep hammering away.
The blocks come pretty fast, it's best to have a Diamond Hammer with Efficiency on it. But some gear with Magnetism on it (which comes by default on the Meteorite Armor) and all spill-overs will go into your inventory. Just throw it back into the chest. :)

RHSean

Jul 29, 2019
Since I still hope that infinite water will remain disabled in the next update (looks at @karmarcharger :)), here a compact setup for Flaxbeard's.

yqfMDC0l.png

yqfMDC0.png
The Stripes Pipe (powered by a Pulsating Gate or Redstone Engine) harvests the snow and feeds it into a compacting Drawer. One single field for the golem is enough for it to work.
The snow blocks are send into a loop over the crucibles. If there is no room in any of them, then they go back into the drawer, no need to worry about them spilling over. The Gold Pipes make sure that there are not too many snow blocks circling around, even when using the redstone Engine. Water is extracted from the sides with gates or engines.

aVtaZ0Hl.png

aVtaZ0H.png
All the water goes into a drum as buffer, from there into the Flash Boiler. It needs an Emerald Pipe to keep up with the boiler when it is heating up. But the Steam Tanks at the boiler provide again a buffer, the boiler doesn't need to run that often. My boiler has 10 tanks and I use Lava as heat source. One bucket fills about 25% of the steam back up.

ZiLmuKGl.png

ZiLmuKG.png
The actual machines are mostly the stuff from the quests. All I use are the furnaces (they are really efficient with the steam) and the hammer to repair gear.

Completely unrelated, but I haven't seen it here before. A simple thingie to make smashing stone to gravel or gravel to sand more convenient.
6UypCz1l.png

6UypCz1.png
Throw a stack or two into the chest, the blocks are placed in front of the Stripes Pipe. You can just stand there and keep hammering away.
The blocks come pretty fast, it's best to have a Diamond Hammer with Efficiency on it. But some gear with Magnetism on it (which comes by default on the Meteorite Armor) and all spill-overs will go into your inventory. Just throw it back into the chest. :)
This looks amazing will definitely save it for later. Another unrelated thing how do you get the FPS, entities and time of day thing in the top left corner?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
@Methusalem:
Nice setup :)

Regarding "Hope that infinite water not comes back" I sadly though have to say: Snow in Crucibles was actually not meant to be working anymore for water. ^^
(actually everything but frying pan was supposed to be disabled, so anything but frying-pan water is actually at the moment regarded a "forgotten to be disabled"-thing, when I understood it right so far)

So I guess it's either making the water-recipes for crucibles etc. legit again or infinite water. I could work with the first one, too, but it's up to karma what will be the way ^^

pelicanary

Jul 29, 2019
So the pack is called "Blast Off." Has anyone actually done it?

The forum is full of people showing off their early game farms but it feels like people are losing interest once they hit the insane Galgadorian grind.

MrOomi1974

Jul 29, 2019

The forum is full of people showing off their early game farms but it feels like people are losing interest once they hit the insane Galgadorian grind.

I think people are just waiting for the cities update before getting to deep into the mod pack. There is also the issue of water people a have been trying to automate it but there have been problems with it.

Swift_slide

Jul 29, 2019

I''m about to blast off. I just finished the 4th chapter and starting wit hthe rocket ones.

Edit: 5th

Last edited:

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Pics or it didn't happen :D

I'm with you.. I have yet seen one lets play that doesn't just stop and start a different pack.lol There was one the I was watching because I needed help, and It just end at the very part it get insanely hard. The funny thing is I figured he was making other videos too, but he just quit like it never happened.