[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

cbruh

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean you have 1TB of memory? That's a supercomputer. I think what you meant is disk space, anyway, if you're talking about setting it to 7gb/8gb, it's risky, you will have to make sure minimal background processes are running, and leave enough space for any background process that's important. Your computer might also catch fire :p
Yea that's what I meant sorry lol nd ah /: tht sounds scary lol would it better if I get like a 16gb I guess , I don't want my computer to catch on fire D; I just got it lol , but okay so I should probably set it to a highest of 5gbs out of 8 I think should b okay right ?

Reactions: GreatOrator

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Also what do u mean by background processes like what should I do to set tht up ?
For instance, try not to have any other apps running, like browsers or other stuff. Your computer also needs some RAM to be able to even operate, that's why it's a serious risk to put 8gb/8gb unless you want instant crashes/overheat. As stated in the FAQ, 3.5 GB should be enough (Even though I put 7GB/16GB) My main framerate boost was from twiddling with the graphic card control panel settings.

cbruh

Jul 29, 2019
For instance, try not to have any other apps running, like browsers or other stuff. Your computer also needs some RAM to be able to even operate, that's why it's a serious risk to put 8gb/8gb unless you want instant crashes/overheat. As stated in the FAQ, 3.5 GB should be enough (Even though I put 7GB/16GB) My main framerate boost was from twiddling with the graphic card control panel settings.
Yea okay I get you now , tht does sound risky I have ftb luncher set to 4.5 nd I have gotten a lot of mod packs to work , however i was Thinkin bout h1z1 nd I was thinkin bout setting it to 5 gb but I might just hold on on tht and get a 16 gb hopefully soon , thanks for the help guys

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Yea okay I get you now , tht does sound risky I have ftb luncher set to 4.5 nd I have gotten a lot of mod packs to work , however i was Thinkin bout h1z1 nd I was thinkin bout setting it to 5 gb but I might just hold on on tht and get a 16 gb hopefully soon , thanks for the help guys
I'm not quite sure if it's the computer ram as the computer ram only means it's able to run bigger (and more) programs. What you're looking for is a better graphics card which can handle high-end games if you want to play those kinds of games

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
MC eats a ton of CPU aswell(wierd ass code for taking CPU with 0 limitations) so if you got several programs running that also needs CPU that can slow MC down aswell.
The more CPU and RAM you can feed it, the happier it will be.

And dont feel bad cbruh - this pack is INSANELY resource intense, never seen a pack that eats this much. But its a awesome pack :p

cbruh

Jul 29, 2019
MC eats a ton of CPU aswell(wierd ass code for taking CPU with 0 limitations) so if you got several programs running that also needs CPU that can slow MC down aswell.
The more CPU and RAM you can feed it, the happier it will be.

And dont feel bad cbruh - this pack is INSANELY resource intense, never seen a pack that eats this much. But its a awesome pack :p
Haha thanks man nd yea it's a pretty good pack Im enjoying it so far

unseennote

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone wanna tell me if I should or should not be able to run the pack?
Operating System
Windows 8 64-bit

CPU
AMD A6-4400M
Trinity 32nm Technology

RAM
4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 807MHz

Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 1849 (Socket FT1)

Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
512MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7520G (HP)

And if I should be able to run the pack, what I should set my settings to?

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Question about the market update. I am in the middle of 'thinning their numbers'. Will the market update affect after that, or should it be immediately shown? I'm replacing my region files and the customnpcs folder just in case.
Luckily I tossed all my items in my inventory first into dollies?

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone wanna tell me if I should or should not be able to run the pack?
What I should set my settings to?
To be honest, you cannot really run it on higher settings, I recommend getting fastcraft, optifine and the jvm arguments (As usual). Change every setting if possible to "Fast", decrease everything possible and I usually put 4 render distance, then slowly increase the settings until it lags again. With 4GB of ram, I don't recommend setting the FTB launcher to more than 3 GB, you will have to close unimportant background processes like browsers (I have read that closing the FTB launcher can also help). Can't guarantee stable framerate, but it will likely be playable based on my experience 15 fps is actually more playable than you think. This pack is quite heavy, so it's not really your computer's fault (If it lags) Change your settings in the options before opening the world.
the heck? i click create new world and nothing happens, it just goes straight back to the main menu.
Download the map template http://minecraft.curseforge.com/worlds/226743-tolkiencraft-ii-draconis
Then add it to your FTB folder and start a new world.

Last edited:

punk_hiji

Jul 29, 2019
How does the investigation quest line unlock I have all of the other quests lines unlocked but haven't been able to figure out to unlock the investigation one

Flexion

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I'm having a very bad balance in bee spawns. Within the overworld I can only find Unusual and Mystical hives. Is this a bug? Could you look into this please?