Are Golems smart enough?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

NoPain9

Jul 29, 2019
Continuation of the title, are they smart enough WITH barrels ? Preferably the Jabba barrels. Like if I make 2 barrels one with wheat and one with Seeds. Are they smart enough to pick up the seeds & wheat and put them in the appropriate barrel ?

I'm fairly new to these golems so I thought I'd ask :).

TrJace

Jul 29, 2019
I use a chest as the item drop point then pull the items out into barrels with ducts. Don't know of a way to make the golem use two barrels directly.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I use a chest as the item drop point then pull the items out into barrels with ducts. Don't know of a way to make the golem use two barrels directly.
I dont know if Golem behavior was changed in TC4, but in TC3 the way the "pickup" golems worked was that you assigned them to an inventory by rightclicking them down onto it. They would then pick up anything nearby and put them in the inventory. Problem is then that you cannot assign them to 2 inventories at the same time. So as TrJace mentiones, you will have to make a dropoff chest and then sort the items into the barrels by other means. This could be by using some of the other types of golems btw, but would be easier with hoppers, itemduct, pipes etc.

DanteDarkstar

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure about TC4, but in TC3, if I remember correctly, the smart wooden golems were able to pick up items selectively, so you could assign one to wheat barrel and tell it to pick up wheat only, and a second one to seed barrel and tell it to pick up seeds only.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
As rhn stated, just use a chest as a sorting medium connected with Itemducts or something to the two barrels that you want.

NoPain9

Jul 29, 2019
Yep did that. Would be fun if they could distinguish barrels but a chest works hehe. Thanks though :D!

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
Gatherer golems will try to stuff everything they pick up into a single inventory, although you can tell them to be selective about what they pick up. I believe empty golems can be told to put specific items in certain chests, although item ducts are probably easier.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Gatherer golems will try to stuff everything they pick up into a single inventory, although you can tell them to be selective about what they pick up. I believe empty golems can be told to put specific items in certain chests, although item ducts are probably easier.

^^^^ This

TC4 Gather Golems can only deposit items into a single inventory. If you want to split seeds and wheat, you will have to do that after the golem deposits them into a single inventory.

An alternative is 1 golem for wheat only, and a 2nd golem for seeds only.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I apologise for the necromancy spell I've casted upon this thread but I want to keep the relevant information in the thread instead of making a new one.

Would it be possible for a golem with a sorting core to grab items from a chest and place them inside the appropriate barrels?

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
I apologise for the necromancy spell I've casted upon this thread but I want to keep the relevant information in the thread instead of making a new one.

Would it be possible for a golem with a sorting core to grab items from a chest and place them inside the appropriate barrels?
This works well my whole sorting system is based around sorting golems filling barrels from single input chests.

Reactions: PierceSG

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
Time to create a room to house all the 48 types of essentia crystals then!

I don't know if there is a limit for the number of inventories they can be linked too, but I have quiet a few going:
GS01.jpg

Attachments

• GS01.jpg
    GS01.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: PierceSG

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
would be nice if storage blocks that are connected would work the same way as jars do for golems, so you only need to select 1 storage block and any other connected storage blocks would also be selected for the golem
Good point! It would be easier to have a space between a rows of barrels to seperate than manually clicking on & off the barrels you want to seperate.