Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zormuche

Jul 29, 2019
Question:

Is it possible to put the "refuel all" command in a API?

I tried to place it, in the line 19, but it returned a error message involving the Line 19

How can I do it?

Last edited:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Question:

i'm doing turtle mechanisms right now, and I just noticed that the command turtle.forward() wasn't working
I tried to place it in a loop

while true do
turtle.forward()
end

But still nothing happens :'(

of course I ran the programs before complaining lol

Help :'(

My FTB version is: FTB Ultimate v1.1.2 for Minecraft 1.4.7
No idea
maybe something is in the way, some invisible block such as the Railcraft hidden block.
Have you checked the return value? I think it returns false if it's obstructed

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:

i'm doing turtle mechanisms right now, and I just noticed that the command turtle.forward() wasn't working
I tried to place it in a loop

while true do
turtle.forward()
end

But still nothing happens :'(

of course I ran the programs before complaining lol

Help :'(

My FTB version is: FTB Ultimate v1.1.2 for Minecraft 1.4.7
Silly question, but have you fuelled the turtle?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Flying? Jetpacks, power armour, morph, magic mods, whatever other mods supply it. You can also often find find Sulfur and Ash clouds in the Nether close to "land".
That seems... really obvious. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

Question:

I tried to place it, in the line 19, but it returned a error message involving the Line 19

How can I do it?
You could try shell.run("refuel all") (or is it os.run? I don't remember.) If that doesn't work, you'll have to loop through all sixteen slots and refuel from them individually.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:

How can I do it?
turtle.select(slot fuel is in)
turtle.refuel(quantity)

Oh and in the future, dont delete and replace your questions. If someone on a later date gets the same problem and searches/googles it, it becomes very confusing/none helpful.

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
Is there another way to get the Natura cloud blocks needed for rhn's gates? That's what I was referring to with the massive pillar thing, which, in retrospect, wasn't very clear.
You craft a cloud in a bottle (from Chisel) using quartz then throw it like a splash pot and it places a bunch of Natura clouds
Playing DW 1.7 atm and i am having trouble with AE2
I cant get a fuzzy export bus to export flux capacitor and enery cells
It works when it has the exact same of ammount of RF otherwise its not doing anything ;-(
Does AE2 fuzzy card not support NBT ?
I don't know about ae2 but in ae1 there was a button that toggled nbt

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
How can I connect an enchanced energy conduict and a energy conduict from ender IO?
I mean a cheap way, without a resonant energy cell

Im connecting a lot of lava generators, but I dont want to plug every one of them with an enchanced conduict bc they only output 40 RF/t

Im playing on "Ultra modded surival 2" so I had almost every known mod

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Not sure what version of Ender IO is there, but it does provide an energy buffer in most recent version.

Otherwise, an energy cell or capacitor bank is the only other thing. There might also be a config option to allow differing teirs of conduit to cross-connect.

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what version of Ender IO is there, but it does provide an energy buffer in most recent version.

Otherwise, an energy cell or capacitor bank is the only other thing. There might also be a config option to allow differing teirs of conduit to cross-connect.

Yes I have energy buffer, its like a voltage converter?

And another question, what happen with the excess of produced of RF? Is there a way to automatic stop generating RF when machines stop working?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
And another question, what happen with the excess of produced of RF? Is there a way to automatic stop generating RF when machines stop working?
There are many different solutions across many different mods. My favorite solution is this:

You feed ALL your RF power production through a big EnderIO Capacitor Bank Multiblock. You then attach several Power Monitors to it and set them to output Redstone signals at different percentages energy capacity.
You now transmit this redstone signal from each of the Power Monitors off to your separate power generator solutions(wireless redstone is probably a good choice if it is not close).
Now if you have done it right, and chosen the corresponding percentages and power generation methods, it will turn them on in stages as your power need grows!

Got a little example of it here:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-11#post-686258

Hint: Make sure you build your Capacitor bank large enough to have enough throughput of your combines power generation!
Make sure you have enough connections of conduits(which ever kind you use) on the capacitor bank(on input and output side) to allow enough throughput.

If all you want is to fill up a Capacitor bank or a TE energy cell, I made a small cheap CC script for that:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-15#post-718973
You might have to change the network names of the devices for 1.7. You will get the names when you attach and connect modems to Capacitor banks/energy cells in game in the chat window.

Reactions: Dark0_0firE

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Damn, I was avoiding to use computer craft, it looks really complcated but I think the time has arrived
gonna try the second solution Thx

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Damn, I was avoiding to use computer craft, it looks really complcated but I think the time has arrived
gonna try the second solution Thx
There is always an alternative to computercraft! It's called "the fun way"...

CC is boring, "easy" (not in terms of coding, but as in it simplifies everything into 1 block + monitors - optional), and over powered.
for 7 gold, 1 glass pane, and 1 redstone (defauilt), you are able to create programs to automate almost anything (should you know how). And that is the reason I never, willingly, add CC to a pack, and it doesn't matter how much people moan about it not being there. I would much rather have 20/100 people not play the pack because of no CC, than have everyone go the "easy" way and not the "fun" way when it comes to automation.

As for what you want to do, yes, it's pretty simple, you put a comparator next to your energy cell, and set you generators to only be active on low redstone signal (if TE/EIO /Big Reactors generators) and wire up the energy cell like so:
Cell|comparator|redstone dust(*1)|red alloy wire (or equivalent)|machines
*1: the redstone dust should go out until the signal strength reaches 1 (WAILA will tell you its strength)
The best way to do this would be fill your energy cell to about 75/80% full, disable all inputs, and then set it up.
That way you will have a spare bit of buffer while your generators produce their last bits of RF

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012

CC is boring, "easy" (not in terms of coding, but as in it simplifies everything into 1 block + monitors - optional), and over powered.
for 7 gold, 1 glass pane, and 1 redstone (defauilt), you are able to create programs to automate almost anything (should you know how). And that is the reason I never, willingly, add CC to a pack, and it doesn't matter how much people moan about it not being there. I would much rather have 20/100 people not play the pack because of no CC, than have everyone go the "easy" way and not the "fun" way when it comes to automation.

As for what you want to do, yes, it's pretty simple, you put a comparator next to your energy cell, and set you generators to only be active on low redstone signal (if TE/EIO /Big Reactors generators) and wire up the energy cell like so:
*1: the redstone dust should go out until the signal strength reaches 1 (WAILA will tell you its strength)
The best way to do this would be fill your energy cell to about 75/80% full, disable all inputs, and then set it up.
That way you will have a spare bit of buffer while your generators produce their last bits of RF
Or if the peripheral API is the only way to get the info you can just set the computer to output a redstone signal on certain data and still keep it all visible

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

To me ComputerCraft is not at all different than a Comparator, a EnderIO Power monitor, Nulear Controls stuff or whatever. Well perhaps CC allows me to be a lot more creative and that gives me great joy to see this unfold in game.

After all you can only do the stuff with CC that the individual mod author allowed to be done, so I have never experienced anything I would consider OP in any way. And most of the time you could do the same things with simple Vanilla redstone mechanics, it would just take up the size of a house and be incredible ugly.
And well, a CC computer doesn't do anything without someone sitting down for potentially many hours(I suck at programming) and making it do it.

But I do agree that Computers should be more expensive, but if that is such a big concern then it could easily be remedied today.

Last edited:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
To me ComputerCraft is not at all different than a Comparator, a EnderIO Power monitor, Nulear Controls stuff or whatever. Well perhaps CC allows me to be a lot more creative and that gives me great joy to see this unfold in game.

After all you can only do the stuff with CC that the individual mod author allowed to be done, so I have never experienced anything I would consider OP in any way. And most of the time you could do the same things with simple Vanilla redstone mechanics, it would just take up the size of a house and be incredible ugly.
And well, a CC computer doesn't do anything without someone sitting down for potentially many hours(I suck at programming) and making it do it.

But I do agree that Computers should be more expensive, but if that is such a big concern then it could easily be remedied today.

A "realistic" method of making CC more costly would be to implement the output of the inscription presses to make "chips".

Utilizing these would push CC to a later game stage, and open some other opportunities to make computers into multi-block construction.

You could create different sized memory modules, for one. This would limit the size of the program a given computer could run.

Make GPUs which would have to be implemented in each monitor you want to connect to make a bigger screen...

You get the idea, I hope.

Reactions: Padfoote

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
A "realistic" method of making CC more costly would be to implement the output of the inscription presses to make "chips".

Utilizing these would push CC to a later game stage, and open some other opportunities to make computers into multi-block construction.

You could create different sized memory modules, for one. This would limit the size of the program a given computer could run.

Make GPUs which would have to be implemented in each monitor you want to connect to make a bigger screen...

Or maybe capacitors and transistors/cicruit boards from Pneumaticcraft. Also making it require power... just an idea ;)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Or maybe capacitors and transistors/cicruit boards from Pneumaticcraft. Also making it require power... just an idea ;)
Like OpenComputers!

That reminds me: anyone know anyone who can gimme a breakdown of how to use OpenComputers to monitor a railcraft tank and emit redstone signals as necessary? I tried to do this with ProjectRed logic and couldn't make the RS Latch work as expected.

Reactions: gallowglass

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

Tons of mods have Electronic circuits, Chipsets, circuit boards etc. Maybe even for cross mod compatibility in packs with all the mods? that would be somewhat cool IMO. Lots of possibilities to easily increase the recipe difficulty.

Reactions: Padfoote