[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
I heard that he added 2 stacks of concealed item buffers in the last big update, & I'm already finding more than I knew about starting a new game in this update. Can anyone beat 7 in the starting area before pushing the button? (Still only seeing the 4 chests).
I didn't count, but I think I got about the same. I know I ended up leaving that zone with 5 or 6 extra hearts.

Frost01

Jul 29, 2019
Just FYI, there appear to be loads of secrets in the starting area now, three chests(one behind the obsidian panel, one floating away to the right and another underneath the platforms) as well as a few buffers with heart canisters in them. Also, I managed to totally destroy the squid trophy before getting the reward, is there a way to cheat it in?

niddlerPT

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know if anyone asked this, but i got the pomegranate wool, and i cant get the reward to go on the game... in the book doesnt appear a reward either and i have the wool in my inv and i cant get it to complete the quest. Any ideias what im supposed to do ?

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know if anyone asked this, but i got the promegranate wool, and i cant get the reward to go on the game... in the book doesnt appear a reward either and i have the wool in my inv and i cant get it to complete the quest. Any ideias what im supposed to do ?
He swapped the wool around, think its Jaded wool now? You'd have to restore the Idea Machine and fetch the wool... Mind you, whenever I try to load up the next area (Ice Palace) I get a crash due to chisel.

Code:
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 10, Size: 7
    at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
    at com.cricketcraft.chisel.client.render.BlockMarblePillarRenderer.renderWorldBlock(BlockMarblePillarRenderer.java:51)

LemonTurtle

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get Material Energy 4 running. It crashes on startup. Actually, most of my 1.7 modpacks crash on startup. Can anyone Help me?

JazParks

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Parcel31u just started a new map am trying to make the wooden round shield but I can't seem to find a recipe for it. Not sure if this is a bug or not.

Toskin

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get Material Energy 4 running. It crashes on startup. Actually, most of my 1.7 modpacks crash on startup. Can anyone Help me?
Have you updated Java to version 8 ? If yes, uninstall it immediately and revert to Java 7. For some reason, most packs with MC 1.6.4 and higher tend to crash on Java 8. I was cutted out from minecraft for about 2 months.

Veirilli

Jul 29, 2019
Check your Java version, Java 8 generally tends to cause massive amounts of problems running 1.7 packs.

...when using the ftb launcher. Java 8 works great if you don't use the ftb launcher (I just use it to download the packs, then I copy the files over to the mojang launcher and things work great).

flagada666

Jul 29, 2019
Have you updated Java to version 8 ? If yes, uninstall it immediately and revert to Java 7. For some reason, most packs with MC 1.6.4 and higher tend to crash on Java 8. I was cutted out from minecraft for about 2 months.

Check your Java version, Java 8 generally tends to cause massive amounts of problems running 1.7 packs.

I beg to differ. Since forge was patched for Java 8 support, Minecraft 1.7.10 runs smoothly with the latest version of Java 8. Don't try to run 1.6.4 packs with Java 8 tho, it is not supported and never will be. Also, alot of the java arguments were deprecated since Java 7, so other then permgen (even this one, i think the format changed?), clear your Java arguments and untick Use Optimization for Fast Computers, that also seems broken with Java 8.

Reactions: Veirilli

Toskin

Jul 29, 2019
...when using the ftb launcher. Java 8 works great if you don't use the ftb launcher (I just use it to download the packs, then I copy the files over to the mojang launcher and things work great).
But same problem is with technic launcher. Or better, mods as whole. When I tried to run vanilla minecraft (1.7 and 1.8) over FTB or Technic, it started without problems. According to what i found on net, there is some problem with Forge Modloader. Some issues between him and Java 8.

Veirilli

Jul 29, 2019
But same problem is with technic launcher. Or better, mods as whole. When I tried to run vanilla minecraft (1.7 and 1.8) over FTB or Technic, it started without problems. According to what i found on net, there is some problem with Forge Modloader. Some issues between him and Java 8.
Well, like I said, it works fine for me. So your issue must be different. I'm using the latest Java 8 and have been for quite some time and been playing modded minecraft the whole time.

Toskin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, like I said, it works fine for me. So your issue must be different. I'm using the latest Java 8 and have been for quite some time and been playing modded minecraft the whole time.
I dunno. Only thing that I was able to play with Java 8 was BigDig from technic, and vanilla. Every other modpack crashed with error log revolving around Forge.