[NOW PLAYABLE] The Abandoned House 2 [Jam-Packed] [145+ Quests] [Dungeons, Tech, Bees, Magic]

What should be added to the map?

• Total voters

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
How to get iron? with a flint pickaxe its only posible to minestone and copper.
Tools will eventually upgrade themselves with use. You may find that adding a head to a pick with no damage will upgrade it, too. I think you need a tool station for that. It also needs to have been used for long enough to get to the stage where it will take a modifier. I think that placing the mouse key over it and pressing shift shows you details, iirc.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Tools will eventually upgrade themselves with use. You may find that adding a head to a pick with no damage will upgrade it, too. I think you need a tool station for that. It also needs to have been used for long enough to get to the stage where it will take a modifier. I think that placing the mouse key over it and pressing shift shows you details, iirc.

He means a mob head. And that depends on the mods config setting. The mod in question is iguana tweaks for tinkers construct.

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
He means a mob head. And that depends on the mods config setting. The mod in question is iguana tweaks for tinkers construct.
I do indeed mean that ;) And, btw, it is 'she' not 'he'. The give away is in the name :) Although these days it would be more accurate to say MrsLid but that doesn't sound right, lol.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I do indeed mean that ;) And, btw, it is 'she' not 'he'. The give away is in the name :) Although these days it would be more accurate to say MrsLid but that doesn't sound right, lol.

Meh, I almost never look at names. I should just call everyone it. :p

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, I almost never look at names. I should just call everyone it. :p
When I was a chef I used to call everyone Babe coz the staff changed so frequently it was annoying trying to remember new names :) If I have to choose between 'it' and 'he', however, I think I actually prefer 'he' :p

mikeburch

Jul 29, 2019
anyone know how to change the hardness of ores. the diamond bore will not work with this pack. yet its in the pack. it cant mine lapis or saltpeter. which is stupid seeing as railcraft is the whole reason saltpeter is in here

evilmrhenry

Jul 29, 2019
The quest "All the Slimes" appears to be broken, as it needs Pink Slime.name, which is apparently different from the Pink Slime that is an output from the slaughterhouse.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
The quest "All the Slimes" appears to be broken, as it needs Pink Slime.name, which is apparently different from the Pink Slime that is an output from the slaughterhouse.

It could bet hat it needs a pink slime ball. You get it from placing the pink slime on the ground and waiting. It will eventually turn into a pinks lime mob that you can kill for the pink slime ball. Though you might just need to kill the slime.

evilmrhenry

Jul 29, 2019
It could bet hat it needs a pink slime ball. You get it from placing the pink slime on the ground and waiting. It will eventually turn into a pinks lime mob that you can kill for the pink slime ball. Though you might just need to kill the slime.

Nah, it wants the fluid, and it's actually broken. The only thing that the quest accepts is the "Pink Slime.name" object, which is the equivalent of the water/lava source blocks, and can only be created through NEI/creative. Sending a bucket of Pink Slime through a fluid transposer or ME system turns it into "Pink Slime", which does not count for the quest. Pink Slimeballs or other objects don't count. Even placing a "Pink Slime.name" into the world, and using a fluid transition plane to get it into a ME system doesn't work, as it gets translated to "Pink Slime".

evilmrhenry

Jul 29, 2019
I think the "Unlucky Enchanting" quest is broken. My Sharpness IV enchanted book wasn't detected, nor was the book enchanted with Sharpness IV I cheated in. (I don't think there's any legit way to enchant non-tool/armor objects.)

evilmrhenry

Jul 29, 2019
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the quest "Sugar Sweet" appears to be broken, as both Egg Nog and Fruit Crumble don't have crafting recipes.

evilmrhenry

Jul 29, 2019
Raw Carbon Fibre (Needed for a bunch of advanced IC2 stuff) appears to be uncraftable. Neither pulverized or macerated coal works.

DragonSpirit12

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble with the Wife's forgiveness it seems to be missing and I have reset the map a couple times to see if it just had a hiccup, also I'm having trouble finding the bone of a witch if anyone could give me a hint on that one i would much appreciate it

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I would just like to take the time to to say tnx for the pack & point out a couple of thing I love & or hate, lets get started with the house its self its roomy 3 floor building with all the room needed to get started safely that I really do like, most packs leave you stranded on a block or hiding in a hole waiting for day light, next the omission of Ex Nihilo I found very strange as I started with out even reading any info & expected the normal sky block or lost in w/e with a block of dirt & 2 items, I was amazed to find I spawned on a land mass that turns out to be huge, the omission of ex niliho makes total sense now, now to the quests the early ones are as expected very easy & the basic bag rewards are balanced well (ie not many hard to craft items) the deeper you go the more of each item is required to complete each quest as is the norm it seems, but hey we all love a little automation so most times it little more than set up & waiting time this not a the greatest fan of, but as I said it seems to be the norm in hqm packs, the fun & surprising part was the npc quests !!, these I am having fun with, some are just collect/craft xx of item xx thats run of the mill stuff, some of the others like the answer "take door A or B" are more interesting, still a long way to go on the quest list not even 1/3 yet but having fun.

Good points, Open world, ages/netherTF available, many ways to complete most quests (not just the Ex Niliho way!!) interesting quests & some story to follow.

Bad Ideas, its an easy mode hqm pack, not really a bad thing but a lot of the elitists will shun it for tha reason, some of the quest rewards (the given not picked rewards) seem to make little sense, the pickrewards are as bad, a laser drill early game with no way to make prechargers or the power to run it? things like that, some bugged quests.

All in all I am enjoying the pack, I was getting a tad angry with some of the 1.7 packs & the related vanilla issues that mean large automations can be a real pain with the lag issues, now I can play again with all maxed out & build huge machines that make stuff, that does stuff, that stuffs the next quest line, like I said its a bit like easy mode, & so is more relaxed, no idea now this would work on a server ?, glad to see you made it onto the launcher :), & looking forward to completing this pack & seeing what you have planed next.

tnx & kind regards Paul.

Last edited:

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
fire up the ftb launcher & add the pack code from page one of this topic, be warned the pack does not seem to be supported any longer.