Can someone tell me what mod this is?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't watch the video but from your description is sounds like AppleCore (assuming MC 1.7, else Spice of Life)
The gold border shows your saturation and the grid is the exhaustion.

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't watch the video but from your description is sounds like AppleCore (assuming MC 1.7, else Spice of Life)
The gold border shows your saturation and the grid is the exhaustion.

Thanks it was applecore.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I understand hunger (obv), saturation I still don't really understand what it is or what it does, and exhaustion is a complete mystery. I'm using the applecore mod in BeyondReality modpack but I have no need to turn it off.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Basically, saturation is an invisible hunger bar that drains before your main one. Once your saturation is drained your main hunger bar will start shaking and you will lose hunger from there. Your saturation can't be higher than your current hunger bar level. Eating refills your hunger and saturation bars simultaneously but by different amounts depending on the food.

Exhaustion ranges from 0.0 to 4.0. Different actions increase your exhaustion by different amounts and once it reaches 4 it is reset to zero and you lose a bit of saturation (or hunger if your saturation is empty).

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Omegatron. The thing I've noticed is that when Hunger Overhaul isn't installed, then hunger/saturation/exhaustion is pretty meaningless. Yes, you can run out of food and be required to eat something, but I can make a stack of food last for months. Basically, hunger is pretty irrelevant except of course that you must eat and be full so that your health can re-fill to 100%. But even with that, I still barely ever think about my hunger.

But with Hunger Overhaul installed, now it's the exact opposite - food becomes a total PITA and I end up spending way too much time making farms and foodstuffs.

I wish there was a mod that was somewhere in the middle, where food doesn't become such a big part of the game, but also where it isn't almost totally irrelevant.

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Omegatron. The thing I've noticed is that when Hunger Overhaul isn't installed, then hunger/saturation/exhaustion is pretty meaningless. Yes, you can run out of food and be required to eat something, but I can make a stack of food last for months. Basically, hunger is pretty irrelevant except of course that you must eat and be full so that your health can re-fill to 100%. But even with that, I still barely ever think about my hunger.

But with Hunger Overhaul installed, now it's the exact opposite - food becomes a total PITA and I end up spending way too much time making farms and foodstuffs.

I wish there was a mod that was somewhere in the middle, where food doesn't become such a big part of the game, but also where it isn't almost totally irrelevant.
Use just spice of life mod without hunger overhaul. This means you will need to setup a few more food farms, but not as many debuffs that you can see with OH.