[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Aww man.. I liked my mushroom biomes! I got a lot of protection from mobs.. Well, at least I still have my old world.

Oracle

Jul 29, 2019
So occasionally I see a blood moon comes out at night and causes all manners of chaos to rain down. I adore that and I am curious what mod added that in so I can read up on it more.

Also thanks Jason for the swift swift fix and update to 2.0.10.

Also noticed Per Fabrica Ad Astra (PFAA for short) is in the disabled mods, what is the drawback to enabling it aside from increased world gen times?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
So occasionally I see a blood moon comes out at night and causes all manners of chaos to rain down. I adore that and I am curious what mod added that in so I can read up on it more.

Also thanks Jason for the swift swift fix and update to 2.0.10.

Also noticed Per Fabrica Ad Astra (PFAA for short) is in the disabled mods, what is the drawback to enabling it aside from increased world gen times?
The book you get on the start will be completely useless. :D
Enabling PFAA will make mining/exploring more "fun" and also you can consider it: Easy mode (when it comes to mats)

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
If he'd work hard at being a server admin instead of hanging around my base all day staring at my reactor this wouldn't be such a problem. :mad:
How terribly clumsy of me...
I've gone and made a mess.
Now, where was I? Oh yes...
Time... Never enough time.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Actually it's mostly for building purposes. I've developed a liking to the gregtech concrete blocks that require clay dust to produce. I want to make them en mass. Thanks for pointing out the Thaumcraft way. That should be really easy.

Personally I like to use PHC water buckets and dirt. I put 32 buckets, 32 dirt, and then 32 clay into the crucible, and get 64 clay back with no leftovers.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe... I made myself a golem tree farm using BoP Apple Trees.... Not sure if thats true, but it seemed like the apple trees were growing faster than normal oak trees... also.... hell the ammount of apples was insane :D

Yet another reason I don't like BoP :p

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
I am attempting to do some creative mode testing and can not for the life of me figure out how to get this to work.

I am attempting to setup a active cooled reactor from big reactors to produce steam that is piped in via GT pipes into a railcraft tank. Then take the steam from the GT tank and pipe it with GT pipes to a railcraft steam turbine.

Before I can even test energy storage options from it I am running into problems piping the steam out of the railcraft iron tank. I have attempted to attach a (MV) pump to the cover of the tank and used the screwdriver to ensure it was in export mode with no success. Have I overlooked something?

(I know GT pipes are friendly with the setup since I bypassed the iron fluid tank and piped directly between the two units with success though output was a puny 2% XD)

On a separate note is there any effective way to acquire vast volumes of water or infinite water aside from Railcraft Water tanks?

Thank you in advance for any help provided.

First off: RC tanks automatically output from the bottom, so put your GT pipes there. Also, BR is currently using a buggy amount of water (about 160 times more than it's supposed to), but this won't be fixed until BR gets to alpha 5. Unless you're using a BR closed loop, you just aren't going to be able to supply enough water to the reactor without having a crapton of fluid inputs and eio resevoirs.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
@Tyriael_Soban and I upgraded our server to 2.0.10, started a brand-new world and things are running well so far. He has experienced some missing chunks that require client re-logging, but that's probably my server/connection struggling to keep up with the worldgen both of us were doing in different direction.

As a side note, this makes my 3rd Infitech2 world - the other two were pretty much "complete". And, I completed an Infitech1 world as well. So, 3 complete worlds total and have started a 4th.

I can't say that for any other pack - not even close ;-)

Reactions: Pyure

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
The book you get on the start will be completely useless. :D
Enabling PFAA will make mining/exploring more "fun" and also you can consider it: Easy mode (when it comes to mats)

I wouldn't call it easy mode, as there are alot more "junk" ores too, although it's still easier. The other downside is that the PFAA ore textures are pretty ugly. That's subjective though, so you might not care.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
@Tyriael_Soban and I upgraded our server to 2.0.10, started a brand-new world and things are running well so far. He has experienced some missing chunks that require client re-logging, but that's probably my server/connection struggling to keep up with the worldgen both of us were doing in different direction.

As a side note, this makes my 3rd Infitech2 world - the other two were pretty much "complete". And, I completed an Infitech1 world as well. So, 3 complete worlds total and have started a 4th.

I can't say that for any other pack - not even close ;-)

I'm curious to know what you like to consider "complete".

On an unrelated note can anyone confirm finding Naquadah in The End yet? I've travelled quite a bit and haven't found any.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious to know what you like to consider "complete".

On an unrelated note can anyone confirm finding Naquadah in The End yet? I've travelled quite a bit and haven't found any.

Its very very rare, and as such youre much better off going the gendustry way to make naquadah bees.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I like to use PHC water buckets and dirt. I put 32 buckets, 32 dirt, and then 32 clay into the crucible, and get 64 clay back with no leftovers.

Thanks that's working well! I'm going to aim for some clay bees I think.