[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
For now, yes.. no power loss... Although there is a config in IC2 which will enable the experimental power loss. That of course means, that if everything goes "right" it will be active in 2.1.x of the modpack
O noes! Now i need to find another way to power my base in a neat manner .
I like to have all my machines spread out a bit.
Perhaps use fuel or n-diesel as a gigantic buffer instead of battery boxes. Just build enough generators to keep each section supplied with enough power. It will cost a lot more but suits the pack more tbh.

I do hope greg reimplements the fusion reactor soon. The amount and diversity of generators in GT itself is pathetic .

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
In the last GT update, the Fusion Computer code is back in. It is still a long way until it is done, but at last the first step is done.

Reactions: Grove

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to deactivate Mushroom Bioms generation(I hate them)? where can I find that in the configs?

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to deactivate Mushroom Bioms generation(I hate them)? where can I find that in the configs?
Think it is some kind of bug (dont quote me on that tough) with biomes o plenty. I generated my world with biomes o plenty generation turned off and there are more mushroom biomes then other vanilla biomes. I read somewhere in this thread that is has to do something with how biomes o plenty works. I explored a bit and then just turned biomes o plenty generation on and now i get them alot less. Still more then on a world without biomes o plenty altogether tough, they also seem very large e.g. 10 times as large as other biomes

Edit: ill post a pic in a sec if i can figure out how to export my map
nCRrXv.png

There fixed rather large img so i had to spoiler it

Last edited:
Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
@Netherus You are not alone in your "too many mushroom biomes" experience. I've noticed that since my first 1.7.10 world with BoP and EXBL.

So, when I recently upgraded my server to 2.0.8, I disabled BoP and EXBL and started a new world. My client and server framerate are amazing now. I hadn't realized how expensive BoP and/or EXBL were. And - no more mushroom biome spam. Yeah !!

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
In this pack you can also abuse minechem when it comes to diamonds, getting 1 diamond for every dust. (Decompose 1 dust for 3 nanotubes, synthesize 1 diamond from 3 nanotubes)

PS: I've asked Jason to nerf this a bit so who knows if it'll stay or not :p

Yeah, the Implosion Compressor is an important gating mechanic in GT 5 and in this pack in general. And, there's no recipe I know of that gives you 1:1 gem:dust. The ratio is usually worse @ 3:4 or 4:5, IIRC.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
@Netherus You are not alone in your "too many mushroom biomes" experience. I've noticed that since my first 1.7.10 world with BoP and EXBL.

So, when I recently upgraded my server to 2.0.8, I disabled BoP and EXBL and started a new world. My client and server framerate are amazing now. I hadn't realized how expensive BoP and/or EXBL were. And - no more mushroom biome spam. Yeah !!
Didn't know we could actually disable Bop now, i read that we couldn't disable it because some of the gems were tied into gregtech from bop or something like that. Not that i can disable it on this world anyway, that would leave MASSIVE craters everywhere xD.

How about those magic biomes (i think they are from thaumcraft) that nonamefhh pointed out. I also get those spawning everywhere, not as much as mushrooms tough but still way to many

Reactions: gallowglass

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't know we could actually disable Bop now, i read that we couldn't disable it because some of the gems were tied into gregtech from bop or something like that. Not that i can disable it on this world anyway, that would leave MASSIVE craters everywhere xD.

How about those magic biomes (i think they are from thaumcraft) that nonamefhh pointed out. I also get those spawning everywhere, not as much as mushrooms tough but still way to many

Yes, way too many magic biomes as well. Normally, I would rejoice since I love Thaumcraft and bees, but the magic biomes were even a bit excessive for my tastes.

And, not nearly enough vanilla desert, ocean, or jungle biomes.

lets just put this in here from the upcomming 2.0.9 version changelog:
- Hopefully finally fixed too many Mushroom biome issue. Also lowered the Thaumcraft biome gen due to Mushroom biome fix

This will probably fix it - thanks !

Reactions: Pyure

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Nice! I should note that i created this world with 2.0.2 or so i think but when i noticed the biomes derp i cba to restart and dicided to just live with it.
Anyways thnx for fixing this issue anyway :)

Ps: just found out that putting a lv and a mv acceptor on the ebf didnt work after i demolished my entire lv steam setup for the ebf. Problem is now i have to recreate it since i dont have enough aluminum to create any mv machine xD. (Was going to power it with one mv acceptor but when i was finished i tought crap i need more then 120 eu/t because of the circuitry burned out thing. Then i tought ow well just jamm a lv acceptor between it...... Not! hehe)

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
The energy Acceptor can accept 2Amp / 256EU/t. So a single one is enough. And yes, MV+LV does not work. That brings the input voltage in the HV area(129-512V) and the reciptes then need 480EU/t

Earhbound

Jul 29, 2019
lets just put this in here from the upcomming 2.0.9 version changelog:
- Hopefully finally fixed too many Mushroom biome issue. Also lowered the Thaumcraft biome gen due to Mushroom biome fix

so i am the only one that had to search for magic bimes like crazy? not even a single mushroom biome so far but large party of my world got taint biomes. already afraid that they reach any chunkloaded area :|

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
i have to admit @Earhbound, that i disable taint spawn on personal worlds because it spawns so often that its a real pain, its almost always where i see the perfect place to plonk my base down!

Reactions: Grove

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I know I read somewhere you could hook IC2 Machines into a GT powergrid. But for the life of me I cannot find the info, any help guys?

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I know I read somewhere you could hook IC2 Machines into a GT powergrid. But for the life of me I cannot find the info, any help guys?

I think it just works. I just plopped an MSU (or whatever that IC2 energy storage/charging block is called) on my HV GT line and it works great. The tricky part is going the other way IC2 to GT. Then you need a GT transformer.

Oracle

Jul 29, 2019
I am attempting to do some creative mode testing and can not for the life of me figure out how to get this to work.

I am attempting to setup a active cooled reactor from big reactors to produce steam that is piped in via GT pipes into a railcraft tank. Then take the steam from the GT tank and pipe it with GT pipes to a railcraft steam turbine.

Before I can even test energy storage options from it I am running into problems piping the steam out of the railcraft iron tank. I have attempted to attach a (MV) pump to the cover of the tank and used the screwdriver to ensure it was in export mode with no success. Have I overlooked something?

(I know GT pipes are friendly with the setup since I bypassed the iron fluid tank and piped directly between the two units with success though output was a puny 2% XD)

On a separate note is there any effective way to acquire vast volumes of water or infinite water aside from Railcraft Water tanks?

Thank you in advance for any help provided.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I am attempting to do some creative mode testing and can not for the life of me figure out how to get this to work.

I am attempting to setup a active cooled reactor from big reactors to produce steam that is piped in via GT pipes into a railcraft tank. Then take the steam from the GT tank and pipe it with GT pipes to a railcraft steam turbine.

Before I can even test energy storage options from it I am running into problems piping the steam out of the railcraft iron tank. I have attempted to attach a (MV) pump to the cover of the tank and used the screwdriver to ensure it was in export mode with no success. Have I overlooked something?

(I know GT pipes are friendly with the setup since I bypassed the iron fluid tank and piped directly between the two units with success though output was a puny 2% XD)

On a separate note is there any effective way to acquire vast volumes of water or infinite water aside from Railcraft Water tanks?

Thank you in advance for any help provided.
The best is the use of EnderIO Reservoirs. It will generate infinite water.

Zarifeke

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having issues with 2.0.9? Launcher only seems to be downloading half of the mods on a fresh install (everything up to minetweaker), and launching it just goes to unmodded 1.7.10. Is something on my end being wonky maybe? I've done force update and deleted the Infitech2 folder a few times and tried to redownload but I get the same results.