[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

r0lyat

Jul 29, 2019
Ehh.... 1.6.4 is not compatible with 1.7.10. No.
Updating mods is possible, yes.
okay sweet :)
btw whats up with squids? havent seen any and most modpacks seem to have trouble with them for some reason... is it the same or am i just unlucky? :p
thanks for all the support btw. :)

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
After EnderIO added a config option to disable squid spawning :)mad:), many packs removed squids :)mad:) for performance reasons.
To add to that, use a botania black flower and a mortar and pestle to get black dye, and combine it with eggs to spawn squids.

I highly recommend going far enough into thaumcraft to craft an umbral rose when you can. It's not far, and it is more black dye than you'll ever need.

Reactions: Yulife

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
To add to that, use a botania black flower and a mortar and pestle to get black dye, and combine it with eggs to spawn squids.

I highly recommend going far enough into thaumcraft to craft an umbral rose when you can. It's not far, and it is more black dye than you'll ever need.
umbral rose is a bit overkill, get one squid spawn egg using egg/black dye recipe, spawn squid in a small pool and pointing a MFR rancher to the pool, you'll get more ink sacs for all your Thaumcraft/Mystcraft needs before the squid despawn.

If you don't have power, kill your first squid and use the first ink sac and a seed to craft a pneumatic squid plant seed

Gajun

Jul 29, 2019
Uploading 1.2.1 at the moment :)
Not a big update in terms of additions or changes, it was mostly because it was requested so much due to 1.2.0 being outdated.
Changelog:

Additions:
-AnimationAPI

Removals:
-Binnie's Fix (Cloudy)
-CoFHLib

Changes:
-Removed the Christmas Quest

Fixes:
-No more crafting lag with Reactor Casing and Tabula Rasa Blocks
-Servers won't crash anymore because of WAILA vs. Witchery
-Too much stuff I can't be bothered to list because 1.2.0 is so outdated

How do I update to 1.2.1? On the FTB launcher I only see up to 1.2.0. I'm getting a lot of issues on 1.2.0 like crashing when viewing recipes with U button and unclaimed rewards on some quests like Grinding with metal.

Last edited:

lee1919

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, don't know if just derping here, but tinkers heart canisters drop after death are they not meant to stay on?

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
How do I update to 1.2.1? On the FTB launcher I only see up to 1.2.0. I'm getting a lot of issues on 1.2.0 like crashing when viewing recipes with U button and unclaimed rewards on some quests like Grinding with metal.
If it is not up, it is not approved yet. I only said it is uploading (I submitted it), not that it got accepted.
Hi, don't know if just derping here, but tinkers heart canisters drop after death are they not meant to stay on?
The drops are on.

Shadowzfire

Jul 29, 2019
8gb ram to the server seems a bit excessive. Try just allocate 4gb max. Just to put it out there, Java's garbage collection system (memory management) has issues with using too much RAM. It causes way more issues to use more than you need.

Shadowzfire

Jul 29, 2019
I read it, I still say its excessive (the RAM amount you use). Just wait till Yulife responds. I think he might have an idea on the NEI issue itself.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
I read it, I still say its excessive (the RAM amount you use). Just wait till Yulife responds. I think he might have an idea on the NEI issue itself.
Nope, no idea what causes it. Could you try to disable WAILA and see if it fixes it?

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
Having an issue with 1.2.0 & NEI.

Whenever I'm right clicking things NEI is causing the game to lock for a second or two.

• Right click crafting table
  • Chests
  • Sleeping Bag
  • Hunger bar full and try to eat
  • Press u on an item to see what recipes it's used in
  • shift clicking crafted items to obtain more than one at a time.
It was suggested to me that it could be NEI. I updated NEI to the latest that is compatible with 1.7.10 (ver 1.0.4.83).

When I did, the game immediately stopped doing it, but I could no longer see any recipes in NEI. I dropped back a version to 1.0.4.80 and it had the same no recipes issue.

Moved back to the version that comes with WR 1.2.0 which is 1.0.3.78, and the issue immediately started occurring again.

So any suggestions on either how to stop the pausing issue, or how to get the updated versions to show me the recipes like they should?

Just to avoid the questions pointing fingers at my machine, it's an i7 3.0 with 32GB ram, 8gb allocated to the game, 8gb to the server (have tried 4gb each aswell, no change). Windows is still showing plenty free for the OS, and the game + server is running on my SSD to avoid hard drive issues. This is using java 64bit, and I've checked the server batch is running the x64 version, and FTB is pointed at the 64bit version aswell.

If there's anymore info I should supply, let me know.

Partial explanation:

It's an issue with NEI, but not one the new versions have fixed. The reasons the new ones weren't doing it for you is because they didn't show any recipes.

When you do a "Used in" search, the way it's coded it searches EVERY recipe, and then compiles a collection, then displays them. Crafting tables, chests and say, iron, are used in so many recipes it takes ages to do this. When NEI isn't working, of course this takes no time.

As for using chests and crafting tables, it has to be something at your end, as they aren't an issue on a lot of other peoples machines.

Are you using optifine?

Shadowzfire

Jul 29, 2019
Ive said it before and I'll say it again, java dislikes more grunt. If you provide it with too much grunt it is literally going to find a way to make problems for you.

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
If it's causing loading issues due to the volume of recipes, then shouldn't it be quicker if provided with more resources to complete the operation?

Yes. But in the same way, you can't put a jet engine on a VW beetle and expect to win a race. Just because is it's more powerful doesn't mean it's helping.

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
Not necessarily. You just need to find out why something spikes at those points. I know it's come up before in discussions, I'm sure there's solutions out there.

Random question before I post it as a bug report, does anyone else find "Phantom" foods in dungeon loot chests?

I'll find a mine shaft or spawner, and the chests therein. I'll pull some epic bacon, or sausage wrapped in bread, or rainbow curries out. But shift clicking them won't work, and they won't stack with others. Eh, okay, obviously some meta data issues.

But then, when you go to eat these, they instantly vanish and no food noises / changes occur.

r0lyat

Jul 29, 2019
Not necessarily. You just need to find out why something spikes at those points. I know it's come up before in discussions, I'm sure there's solutions out there.

Random question before I post it as a bug report, does anyone else find "Phantom" foods in dungeon loot chests?

I'll find a mine shaft or spawner, and the chests therein. I'll pull some epic bacon, or sausage wrapped in bread, or rainbow curries out. But shift clicking them won't work, and they won't stack with others. Eh, okay, obviously some meta data issues.

But then, when you go to eat these, they instantly vanish and no food noises / changes occur.

yeah i've had the same thing with those foods from dungeon chests. i believe theyre all from pam's harvestcraft or something? although i did try eating a pizza i found in one of them which worked.

Reactions: Shadowzfire

Shadowzfire

Jul 29, 2019
Same here, the phantom foods do appear like so. Except if you use a loonium from botania to spawn dungeon loot, they're real foods.

r0lyat

Jul 29, 2019
hey just wondering, what happened to the piping from thermal expansion? like itemducts, liquiducts, energy conduits and stuff? Do i have to use ender IO? :/

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
hey just wondering, what happened to the piping from thermal expansion? like itemducts, liquiducts, energy conduits and stuff? Do i have to use ender IO? :/

The Thermal Expansion piping was removed in 1.7.10 and is being redone as it's own mod, which is not ready for release yet. Currently the Extra Utilities dev is working on them for the Thermal Expansion team and it's looking very promising from the many previews/sneak peaks we've seen.

Edit: As for piping alternatives you have a lot of options in the pack from all the other mods.
Extra Utilities nodes/cables
Buildcraft is now RF based
Ender IO
Mekanism universal cables
etc...

Last edited:

Konani

Jul 29, 2019
Log or didn't happen.

Here's what I found on the lag/lockups/time outs from crafting. http://pastebin.com/Vkpbw97v
Well, it seemed the initial problem was from not having fastcraft added, lag-death was solved there,
on the other hand the game seems to hate me trying to pick up the berry-gardens from harvestcraft, not sure if that is why, but it causes a timeout for me, and a fat lag for my brother's computer which is hosting the lan-server for us-