Ore Stack Size

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

If ore stacked to 1, would you be encouraged to make rail systems?

• Yes, as long as it's cheap to make rails

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Yes, if there was some special village structure with stacks upon stacks of rails

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd quit, you horrible monster

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No, I'd exploit every backpack available

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question for a modpack:

If ore stacked to 1, would you be encouraged to make rail systems? Assume you are limited to 1 (armor slot) backpack, and an infinite amount of forestry miner's backpacks (as long as your inventory holds).

Note: This is with Gregtech, and no other cheap pipe systems or ender chests, and AE is far off.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
I agree that 1 is a bit much, but only because it means you have to babysit a furnace's gui to get full smelting value before hoppers. 2 is better, though i think 8 would be ideal.

Also, remember that in order for people to use rail lines, they have to actually be available... Though, this does sound like it would make wooden rails actually useful. Assuming they require no metal.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Another idea, dunno if it's possible is to make it so ore in your inventory has a smaller stacksize than anywhere else. So you can stick 8 per slot in furnaces and carts, but only store 1 per slot in your inventory.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Can we also have some kind of auto-chunk-loading minecarts? Otherwise you'd still have to run back to your base constantly to ferry the minecarts around.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
@Queue this better be our BnB GT pack your talking about. :p And 1 is a little to much, 4 is nice.
Yes it is :)
or you could just have railcraft in there. I think this will be a mod pack right
Railcraft is in.
I agree that 1 is a bit much, but only because it means you have to babysit a furnace's gui to get full smelting value before hoppers. 2 is better, though i think 8 would be ideal.

Also, remember that in order for people to use rail lines, they have to actually be available... Though, this does sound like it would make wooden rails actually useful. Assuming they require no metal.
Yeah smelting would need to be streamlined. Also I want to promote the use of rails so yes they would be cheaper.
Another idea, dunno if it's possible is to make it so ore in your inventory has a smaller stacksize than anywhere else. So you can stick 8 per slot in furnaces and carts, but only store 1 per slot in your inventory.
I've also considered this, good idea :)
Can we also have some kind of auto-chunk-loading minecarts? Otherwise you'd still have to run back to your base constantly to ferry the minecarts around.
RC has chunkloaders that work in a straight line, but I'd need to consider early game chunk loading. It could also promote setting up a mining base, though...

Reactions: null123

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Last I checked, Railcraft had an anchor cart that was basically just a chunkloader in a minecart. Steve's Carts also has a chunkloader module for its carts.

I agree that this would be an interesting way to promote wooden rails- as long as wood, creosote bottles, charcoal, and the rails themselves stack. Would also be a good way to promote getting autosmelting and/or Applied Energistics set up ASAP, too.

Reactions: Queue