[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
guys, i need your help!

my NEI behaves like being in cheat mode all the time even if recipe mode is turned on
i looked up the config and googled around but i cant find a solution
level.dat is in survival, no cheats

If you have this problem again, go to the NEI inventory options menu, and in the top right you should see a "World" button (or is it "Global"?). That will take you to a screen that looks almost exactly the same, but with a [W] button to the left of all the options. If the [W] is active, then that setting will override anything you put in the previous screen. Right-click on the [W] to toggle it.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
I might be dumb, but I kinda like it for getting gold out of magnetite and titanium from bauxite. I wish I could find some information about its energy usage though. All I know is it is a lot. Slightly more than my system can consistently deliver.

I find the electromagnetic separator to be a superior machine for extracting gold out of magnetite and iron out of limonite. Once you have a pulverizer (HV+ macerator) whether or not you use the thermal centrifuge really depends on if you want the byproduct from pulverizing the thermal ore, or from centrifuging the pure dust (or even the 10 nuggets from smelting the thermal ore, in some cases). I like how Greg made it much more interesting by giving us several options for the ore processing path, each which often give differrent results.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
During my play I have found out that Iron, Gold and Copper Coils from ProjectRed aren't craftable. It is getting fixed in v2.0.9 (or if you want you can grab the fixed script for projectred on the github - on your own risk)

What happened to the recipe for getting these out of the wiremill?

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I find the electromagnetic separator to be a superior machine for extracting gold out of magnetite and iron out of limonite. Once you have a pulverizer (HV+ macerator) whether or not you use the thermal centrifuge really depends on if you want the byproduct from pulverizing the thermal ore, or from centrifuging the pure dust (or even the 10 nuggets from smelting the thermal ore, in some cases). I like how Greg made it much more interesting by giving us several options for the ore processing path, each which often give differrent results.

I subbed in a universal macerator instead, there isnt much difference there, is there? (i am poor and currently cannot afford the cost of EV machines :p)

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
I subbed in a universal macerator instead, there isnt much difference there, is there? (i am poor and currently cannot afford the cost of EV machines :p)
The universal macerator IS a pulverizer, except that it doesn't have all four output slots, which doesn't matter for ore processing.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
No Quartz Pickaxes in this?

Well, it depends on if you're talking about nether quartz, certus quartz, or quartzite. However I believe you can make a pickaxe head with all three of them. Try to remember that due to the materials system you can make GT tool parts with nearly any material, with a few exceptions by tool (no crystal files, etc.).

BeardlessBrady

Jul 29, 2019
When breaking a Fir Quarter log from ExtraBiomes XL (with or without an axe) you don't seem to get any blocks. Im using version 2.0.8 of Infitech 2

Blackbook

Jul 29, 2019
What's the name of the mod that quickly removes the leaves from trees when the top wood is broken?

Also, what is 'saving' the 'damage done' to each block?

thanks

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
What's the name of the mod that quickly removes the leaves from trees when the top wood is broken?

Also, what is 'saving' the 'damage done' to each block?

thanks

Not sure, but i know that my excavation focus is saving damage when i use it on the same object without breaking it the first time.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, I'm tinkering with big reactors in infitech2 today. Unfortunately I know next to nothing about the mod.

1) Can anyone give me a highly efficient design of some sort? I'm thinking in the neighbourhood of a 11x11 reactor would be nice. Or a 9x9.
(Disclaimer: haven't played with BR in Infitech2 yet, due to the Tungstensteel requirement :)

If you're going for turbines anyway, your reactor doesn't need to be that large. With default configs, a 5x5x3 interior is enough to drive >3 full size turbines, and AFAICT that shouldn't change in this pack. (The configs have fuel consumption x10, which doesn't change output, and power production x0.6, which only changes turbine output in active cooling mode.)

Here is a sample: http://br.sidoh.org/#reactor-design...&controlRodInsertion=0&layout=6R3X2RXRX2R3X6R
The reactor simulator is quite helpful :)

2) What are our best options for turbine coils, other than ludicrite? Is steel really the next best?
Enderium is the second best material - someone upthread said it is craftable in this pack. You'll need 36-37 coil blocks at 2000 mB/t for max efficiency.

Reactions: Grove and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
(Disclaimer: haven't played with BR in Infitech2 yet, due to the Tungstensteel requirement :)

If you're going for turbines anyway, your reactor doesn't need to be that large. With default configs, a 5x5x3 interior is enough to drive >3 full size turbines, and AFAICT that shouldn't change in this pack. (The configs have fuel consumption x10, which doesn't change output, and power production x0.6, which only changes turbine output in active cooling mode.)

Here is a sample: http://br.sidoh.org/#reactor-design...&controlRodInsertion=0&layout=6R3X2RXRX2R3X6R
The reactor simulator is quite helpful :)

Enderium is the second best material - someone upthread said it is craftable in this pack. You'll need 36-37 coil blocks at 2000 mB/t for max efficiency.
Thx sir, glad you replied.

I found a 9x9 design I like, only 3 tall. It had 400% radiation, which I gather is efficiency for all intents and purposes, which is my main aim.

I found that with control rods 85% lowered, I could get around 1200mb/t which amounted to 3333 RF/T.

I didn't even try running it at full blast since that will lower efficiency.

I could not figured out how to do enderium blocks. I think they may hve been disabled recently.

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any route you use to get all that clay? I can't find a clay containing (or desert) biome for the life of me. I'm actually starting to consider doing IC2 crops->plantball->dirt->centrifuge to clay to get more clay dust as I've raided almost every river and pond in a reasonable distance.

No, I only used the clay from rivers and ponds. I still haven't used all the silicon from it. Lithium I can get from other sources, at this point. I think I mined around 64 stacks of clay balls, in total, or a little over that.

Magnetite goes from being the most worthless find early game to unbelievably amazing mid/late game. I'm doing lots of enderio IO and a top tier capacitator takes 50 gold. I've made 16 of them now. Gold, iron, oxygen in a single ore?!?! Sign me up.

Wow, some people build in mass. I like to go little by little, craft what's necessary. But each has it's style. I still haven't used all the gold I got from the small ores that I got from all the vein search, and some that I found mixed with magnetite. I also found quite a few gold swords, chest plates, horse armor, in the nether.

Speaking of Big Reactors, I'm wondering if you can use one for producing steam, then just use the steam in the GT turbines, or they are incompatible. Because I don't find much use for RF and converting it through PneumaticCraft I've heard that it's a hassle and not all that productive.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of Big Reactors, I'm wondering if you can use one for producing steam, then just use the steam in the GT turbines, or they are incompatible. Because I don't find much use for RF and converting it through PneumaticCraft I've heard that it's a hassle and not all that productive.
That should be possible.

As far as RF goes, for my world I'm envisioning BC quarries mining out ore veins, and for that, lacking tesseracts and dim. transceivers, a small (e.g. 2x2 rods) reactor could be one of the easier to set up lasting power sources (haven't done a comparison to EIO liquid fuel stuff, but in any case all that yellorium needs a use.)

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
@MigukNamja could you offer some friendly advise...

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what but I'm not having much luck with enderIO item conduits and bees/apiaries.

I've got them set into Round Robin mode and a few filters on, for example, to only allow Common Princesses and common drones through, set the meta data filter to ignore, yet it won't pull through any bees what so ever from a chest.

Also is there any good way of making just pure drones? I'm sure you just breed a drone with the relevant princess and keep breeding but enderIO is making that very difficult!

Sent from my iPhone

Please accept my apologies for taking so long to reply.

I also tried to figure out a way to use eIO to filter different kinds of bees. Sadly, I could not do it. Rather, I had to use diamond and Apiarists pipes to do more precise filtering. The Apiarists pipe will work for sure for specific species and it works for pure as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grove

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I could not figured out how to do enderium blocks. I think they may hve been disabled recently.

Not disabled. They are from TE3, which of course is not in this pack. Neither GT nor BR have a recipe for Enderium blocks.

And, the problem with trying to use MineTweaker to add the recipe is the block doesn't exist without TE3. TE3 adds the block.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to can glyceryl trinitrate cells? I get the glyceryl cells from ihl but i cant use those to make nitro diesel

Earhbound

Jul 29, 2019
there is a new binnie update. it also reached the beta state.
did anyone ceck it out? wondering if that stupid crafting / performance stuff is still a thing.

Reactions: MigukNamja