Ender Generator Automation(Extra utils)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

westloar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I've got an ender-lilly farm set up with thaumcraft golems and I am looking to automate putting an ender pearl into a Ender Generator (Extra Utils) whenever the power dips below a certain level.

I am playing Direwolf20 1.6.4 and already have export busses set up to input enderpearls, but I don't want to keep 16 ender pearls in each generator as this will decimate my ender pearl levels whenever I add a new generator to the system.

I've tried using comparitors in conjunction with Rednet, but to little success.

Any insight would be appreciated.

midgetassin

Jul 29, 2019
us extra utilities hyperrationing pipe to actually feed the enderpearls into the generators and just have a chest were ender pearls will wait till they arte needed

westloar

Jul 29, 2019
It seems the version we are using only has rationing pipes, any further advice?

I'll have a dig around and see what I can do with the rationing pipes as well

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
been a while since I last played 1.6.4 so this may not be the most efficient way, or actually works, but you could put a comparator on the side of an energy cell that'll emit a redstone signal depending on how full the cell is.
you could then for example use a rednet controller or computer with the condition if the redstone signal is 15 to emit another redstone signal. this signal could then be send to itemducts from thermal expansion, that'll stop outputting ender pearls if a redstone signal is applied.

westloar

Jul 29, 2019
Just tested this, unfortunately this keeps outputting ender pearls until the signal rises again, it seems the generator will keep running even if it is full if it has already consumed an ender pearl, if itemducts had a redstone pulse setting this would work.

Is there a way (I'm new to rednet) to send a one-shot pulse on a specific condition, I imagine this would work.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing Direwolf20 1.6.4 and already have export busses set up to input enderpearls, but I don't want to keep 16 ender pearls in each generator as this will decimate my ender pearl levels whenever I add a new generator to the system.
since you have AE and golems, you can set an interface that is supplied with enderpearls, and have golem with fill core, and if i remember right order upgrade, to keep 1 pearl in generators

westloar

Jul 29, 2019
A really novel idea Loufmier that I liked the idea of, the image of an army of golems keeping my generators stocked is awesome.

Alas, even with the order upgrade he will keep putting ender pearls in if there is any space in the generator's internal buffer. So obviously the buffer is an issue :\

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Alas, even with the order upgrade he will keep putting ender pearls in if there is any space in the generator's internal buffer. So obviously the buffer is an issue :\
do you mean that golem fills generator until there is no space i.e. to 16 pearls? did you check if golem has a "keep precise amount" checkbox? if it doesn't have it with order upgrade, then look for one that allows that, because i don't remember which upgrade allows for that.

westloar

Jul 29, 2019
Yer I checked that and it works, the problem being if there is space within the generators internal RF buffer it immediately consumes the ender pearl and the golem then goes and gets another and if there's still space, rinse and repeat til it swallows a whole tonne of ender pearls :(

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Just tested this, unfortunately this keeps outputting ender pearls until the signal rises again, it seems the generator will keep running even if it is full if it has already consumed an ender pearl, if itemducts had a redstone pulse setting this would work.
If you have your comparator emit a signal when the generator's energy buffer or whatever batteries you have is more than half full or so, you could have it output into a ProjectRed timer set to however long the generators take to consume an enderpearl, and use that to signal the itemduct to export another pearl.

Whenever the comparator (or, more precisely, whatever circuitry you've hooked up to it to reduce the signal strength coming from it by about 8- a length of redstone wire would do, or a more compact setup involving another comparator and something that emits a redstone signal strength of 8) turns on, meaning that the energy buffer is more than half full, it will stop the timer, keeping it from feeding more pearls into the system.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Put a Redstone clock on a dropper/dispenser. The golem fills the dropper, which on pulse drops a pearl into a hopper feeding the generator. Its a little sloppy, but it might do the trick.

Edit: Depending on the clock (expanded Redstone, maybe) you can adjust the time between pulses to match the burn time of the pearls. Also could be done with MFR rednet controller, though I've not played with those much.