[1.7.10] Traveller's Gear

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Real explanation, just cause there may be some ppl that are genuinely interested, as opposed to just wanting more rings:

A limit on the number of accessories most likely originates with D&D/RPGs. Been that way for a long time. Besides being a balancing mechanic, the 'explanation' for it in game terms was that magical devices in too close a proximity would cause interference with each other. So one ring on each hand/set of greaves/gloves, one amulet, one belt, one helmet/circlet, etc.

that's actually a really nice explanation, would've been nice if this could somehow be added in the description of baubles, as it'd make a pretty interesting addition to the story
but with that it'd be cool if you would receive a bonus when you wear certain jewelry with eachother, as they'd boost eachother's properties and would become stronger.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, let's go with that as the lore-wise explanation.
And no the Mandarin from Marvel Comic's does not count as a valid exception.
No, the Mandarin is the perfect example.
The Mandarin's Rings are a set which are forged to match each other and make up just one magic item. They gain their strength through their proximity to each other by using exactly that interference which would render other rings useless when they are worn on one hand.
Each ring of the set on its own ist worthless.

Reactions: GreatOrator

BluSunrize

Jul 29, 2019
Update!
version 1.14.3

I realize I skipped 1.13, but I really didn't it just never went public, because it was a lot of internal fixes =P

Anyway, this should hopefully finalyl fix the Manatablet dupebug, as well as the ongoing memory leak.

BluSunrize

Jul 29, 2019
Major Version 1.15.0!

With this Version, I switched to an entirely different save system.
Sadly, my planned migration system does not seem to work, so you are likely to lose your items upon migrating to the new version. Unequip them first or spawn them back in afterwards.
This should however make syncing much more fluent.

Sorry for any inconveniences, enjoy!

A note for all addon developers!
This also means changes to the API, please make sure to update it!

BluSunrize

Jul 29, 2019
Minor Version update 1.15.5!

The pauldrons, vambraces and the belt now have a render!
They still don't actually do anything, but they look pretty!
Also, the items now have support for Botania's new attachable cosmetics (shown here) ! =3

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese