[1.7.10] ImpactFlux Modpack - Version 1.0.0 [HQM, 400+ Quests, Hardcore]

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Gas burning generators produce 800 RF/t and use half of the Hydrogen the seperator produces. So 2 gas burning gens with a separator will be selfsustaining and produce O2 for free. Need more O2, just make another 2 gens and 1 seperator. piece of cake.
I used this idea for the Purifier in Tier 3...where the process uses Oxygen. Tier4 [Chem Injection Chamber] process requires HCl. Converting Brine to HCl requires you to use 2 different separators during the process and you cannot use this method to power either of them. Brine is NaCl. You need a separator to get the Chlorine [Cl] with Sodium [Na] as a waste product. The NaCl separator cannot power itself. Then you need to combine the Chlorine with Hydrogen. That's another separator that can't power itself, as you're using the Hydrogen in the Chem Infuser to produce the HCl. If you want to run the line at max speed [enough HCl in a fully-upgraded Adv Factory Injecting processing 5 items at once], you'll end up having 15 separators that you'll need to provide power for.

The idea of self-sustaining or energy-positive separators would only work if the water separation produced an excess of Hydrogen [so you could run the 2 Gas gens and have some Hydrogen left over]. Currently, water separation is break-even when using Hydrogen in two Gas gens. No excess Hydrogen is produced. I also looked into perhaps using Ethylene as the Gas gen fuel, and it may work out [even though the process to make Ethylene requires Hydrogen]...but with Wind Turbines what's the point?

Mekanism mod author made Tiers 4 and 5 very difficult to sustain production due to bottlenecks with the required catalyst production and power consumption/delivery. I'm sure it's possible but way to complex to be worth building in survival [IMO].

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
OH yeah forgot the higher tiers needed the H. :cool:

I think this is a "bug" in the config of Impact Flux. There is a config option that controls how much RF that Hydrogen is worth (both to create and consume). In the mekanism.cfg file there is a setting for D:HydrogenEnergyDensity=2000.0. When Mekanism 1.7 was first released the default was 2000. Not sure if this by mistake or what, but eventually aidancbrady changed it to 200. This new value causes a seperator to require 160 RF/t instead of 1600 RF/t. It looks like Impact Flux never made the update to the config file. You can see the config default yourself at the source of the project, line 206:

https://github.com/aidancbrady/Meka...in/java/mekanism/common/CommonProxy.java#L206

UPDATE: This is already fixed on the Github version, thanks Syer10, you ROCK!

Last edited:

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
OH yeah forgot the higher tiers needed the H. :cool:

I think this is a "bug" in the config of Impact Flux. There is a config option that controls how much RF that Hydrogen is worth (both to create and consume). In the mekanism.cfg file there is a setting for D:HydrogenEnergyDensity=2000.0. When Mekanism 1.7 was first released the default was 2000. Not sure if this by mistake or what, but eventually aidancbrady changed it to 200. This new value causes a seperator to require 160 RF/t instead of 1600 RF/t. It looks like Impact Flux never made the update to the config file. You can see the config default yourself at the source of the project, line 206:

https://github.com/aidancbrady/Meka...in/java/mekanism/common/CommonProxy.java#L206
Should have never read your comment and just left my configs as they were...but you know what they say about curiosity.

True, changing the config reduces the separator's energy use to 160 RF/t...but it also reduces the Gas gen's output to 80 RF/t. So the Water separator remains a break-even process when using Hydrogen in two Gas gens. Only bonus to changing the config is the reduction in power requirement for separators not powered by Gas gens burning Hydrogen [which I assume was the intention of your reply].

Changing the config reduces the power needs for the separators in Tier 4 to 2,400 RF/t total. Which isn't bad at all in terms of generation and delivery. But there still remains the issue of a steady delivery of Brine for processing. I must admit, the power reduction has now peaked my interest. May just have to setup some Salination Towers in my test world.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
[which I assume was the intention of your reply]

Yup. I thought this was one of your complaints about 4x and 5x setups.

I believe the difficulty in getting brine is part of the challenge of the higher tiers. 5x ore multiplication is supposed to come at a cost and isn't meant to be perfect/simple. Be sure to build your towers in a desert, where they will produce the most brine.

Personally, I usually stop at 3x. Seems to be a sweet spot for complexity vs extra yield. I do love Mekanism. Nice to have mods that are a little more complex than building a single one solution fits all box.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Yup. I thought this was one of your complaints about 4x and 5x setups.

I believe the difficulty in getting brine is part of the challenge of the higher tiers. 5x ore multiplication is supposed to come at a cost and isn't meant to be perfect/simple. Be sure to build your towers in a desert, where they will produce the most brine.

Personally, I usually stop at 3x. Seems to be a sweet spot for complexity vs extra yield. I do love Mekanism. Nice to have mods that are a little more complex than building a single one solution fits all box.

With the altered config, I've managed to get Tier 3 optimized. But the reduced power has got me thinking about Tier 4 again. This is my first go-around with Mekanism and I'm coming from a skyblock/MFR Laser playstyle. It's been quite a while since I've had to mine for resources. Also holding off on using the Digital Miner because of world corruption. I might stop at Tier 3 too, but I'm having trouble with Gold in this pack...so I'm using Mekanism to stretch each Gold ore as far as possible.

What bothered me at first about Mekanism Ore Processing was the inability to keep the catalysts/reagents supplied. Learned this was a bug in the Mekanism version that ships with this pack. After that got sorted, I experimented with Tiers 3 & 4 but it seemed the complexity involved in getting the line to operate at a steady state grew too great for the return...not to mention the wiki is misleading. And then I did the power cost and that was the last straw for me [no large energy producers in this pack]. Now I'll probably go back and get Tier 4 functioning as close to steady state as possible [dependent on my Copper supply].

Edit: I did go back and optimize my Tier 4 creative setup. 6 Salination Plants will keep everything running at max speed. What I also wanted to point out was if your ore processing line keeps running out of machine catalysts/reagents [Oxygen/HCl/Hydrogen/Chlorine/Brine], you're going to take an FPS/TPS hit due to the machine's constant on/off state change. More machine's doing this...bigger FPS/TPS hit.

Last edited:

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I must be doing something wrong...but is there a way to rotate Mekanism machines? The best I can get is 90 degrees [as in the North-face will rotate to the East...but no further]. Makes these machines a PITA to setup in confined spaces.

NexusZeke

Jul 29, 2019
Question for anyone out there still playing or have played in the past... Once I reached a good deal of the quests in the HQM book I now am having an issue with HQM. It seems that long quest lines cause HUGE amounts of lag when I open the book. It's so bad that I can't even close the book or go back a page. I have tried this is my single player world and on a server. I have tried to messing with upping my ram/lowering my video graphic settings and everything else that I can think of to help but to no avail. There is no crash report because the game still runs on like 1 fps but I can't do anything via the mouse of keyboard in game.

Any ideas my fellow gamers?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Question for anyone out there still playing or have played in the past... Once I reached a good deal of the quests in the HQM book I now am having an issue with HQM. It seems that long quest lines cause HUGE amounts of lag when I open the book. It's so bad that I can't even close the book or go back a page. I have tried this is my single player world and on a server. I have tried to messing with upping my ram/lowering my video graphic settings and everything else that I can think of to help but to no avail. There is no crash report because the game still runs on like 1 fps but I can't do anything via the mouse of keyboard in game.

Any ideas my fellow gamers?
This is my first 1.7.10 HQM-pack played and the opened quest book has always caused noticeable lag...but nothing game breaking. Here are my completion %s to see how they compare:
WtS: 100%
Vanilla: 92%
Steak: 100%
NET: 68%
FC I: 42%
FC II:33%
All others not started.

Some things I've done to max FPS. Firstly, I'm playing the pseudo-updated version of the pack from VanitySet [available via GitHub]. Told NVidia to use my graphics card for Java. Launching the pack through MultiMC Launcher with no args and 6GB RAM in SSP. Allocated memory's at 28% and Used memory's around 18%. I've got FastCraft running. I've crippled Journeymap to the point where all it does is provide a minimap and explored-world map. Minimap shows only waypoints...nothing else. I'm also in an established area [so no new Terrain generation]. With all this tinkering, I'm getting 180 FPS reliably and it looks like 12 FPS with the book open.

NexusZeke

Jul 29, 2019
Well I am nearly done with WTS/Vanilla/NET/FC1 & 2 and was about 50-60% done with Magic 1 & 2. So they are close. I also have my graphics card running Java but never tried to use MultiMC... It looks like I would have to create the entire modpack in that program and I am not to sure how to do that fully. I have 16GB of RAM on this CPU so I have tried bumping it higher and lower with no such luck. I fixed my terrain gen problem with the server and pregening a ton of chunks already. I think Journey Map may still be a problem.... I am going is disable that mod for now and see if that helps at all. I'll be back a little later to update on that.

EDIT: So disabling JourneyMap didn't fix the issue. I really didn't notice any big difference from it being on or off. So back to the drawing board for me.

Last edited:

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Well I am nearly done with WTS/Vanilla/NET/FC1 & 2 and was about 50-60% done with Magic 1 & 2. So they are close. I also have my graphics card running Java but never tried to use MultiMC... It looks like I would have to create the entire modpack in that program and I am not to sure how to do that fully. I have 16GB of RAM on this CPU so I have tried bumping it higher and lower with no such luck. I fixed my terrain gen problem with the server and pregening a ton of chunks already. I think Journey Map may still be a problem.... I am going is disable that mod for now and see if that helps at all. I'll be back a little later to update on that.

EDIT: So disabling JourneyMap didn't fix the issue. I really didn't notice any big difference from it being on or off. So back to the drawing board for me.
I described how to get the pseudo-updated version of this pack running with MultiMC a few pages back. If you're using the original pack version [from FtB] it's as easy as starting up MultiMC on your PC and telling MMC to 'track FTB instances' on the settings page. I know using the newer pack version helps with the random CtD the older pack is susceptible to...I suspect it may help with FPS issues too.

As I understand JourneyMap, it only causes FPS problems on systems that aren't able to handle it's requirements. 4-5 yrs ago, my system was considered a mid to high end gaming rig...but my HDD is slowish in terms of RPM and connectivity. IIRC JM writes to disk quite often, and even moreso with more map/minimap options and webmap enabled. I believe this was my issue with that mod and why I crippled it. When I started up the newer pack version, I was not using JM but VoxelMap...but switched back to JM when I noticed VoxelMap lost my waypoints. Actually writing this out helped me remember why I didn't want to use JM. It was causing the game to stutter every few seconds [which became really frustrating in the dungeons]. And I noticed the original pack has a problem with memory leaks, where FPS decreases over time [usually 30 mins to 2 hrs and you can notice this].

This is just my experience with the pack and my interpretation of the problems I was seeing. Switching to the newer pack and further updating some of the mods made all those issues go away [for me anyway].

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for looking into this [if you examined the paste]. Switching over to the newer version of the pack fixed this issue for me. I stopped trying to update the original modpack version when one of the mods [don't remember which] needed a newer version of Forge than what the original pack supplies. The procedure for updating Forge on FtB packs still eludes me.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Editing the pack.JSON file under the minecraft folder of the pack will do that. It's an odd workaround, another reason I use MultiMC and actually create a new instance and copy the mods, scripts and config files over.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Editing the pack.JSON file under the minecraft folder of the pack will do that. It's an odd workaround, another reason I use MultiMC and actually create a new instance and copy the mods, scripts and config files over.
I tried editing the pack's .JSON file to use a newer Forge version. It didn't work for me [either CtD or regular crash with report, IDR] but I may have been editing incorrectly.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Here's an oddity...which I'm really unsure where to report. Just finished up my Quarry Processing amalgamation. It's a sorting/processing system using Steve's Factory Manager, EIO, TE, and Mekanism to do stuff with all the things. SFM moves everything and a little bit of crafting. The other mods do the actual processing.

The last piece was setting up the automated processing of Ferrous/Dark Iron ore in an Induction smelter with Cinnabar as the catalyst. Cinnabar being auto-crafted from Cinnabar ore doused in Gelid Cryotheum. The oddity is I have a SAG Mill grinding down Sandstone for Niter...and it keeps running. The excess sand and Niter are being pulled and I have no idea where they're going. All the downstream machines in this line are full, the chest I use for the crafting overflow has a limiter for the amount of Niter allowed and it isn't over the limit. The Niter isn't ending up in my AE network either. Very strange and something I'll have to keep an eye on.

Update: I'm guessing it's an interaction issue between SFM and Ender IO. The problem occurred when the SAG Mill was set to 'push' the output out the same side SFM was told to take the output from. Setting that side on the SAG back to 'none' seems to have plugged the leak. Oddly enough, I'm using a similar system/setup to supply the SAG with Flint...and that stops correctly when the SAG is full. Must be something particular with 'push'.

Last edited:

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a good question. Automated Wool farm? Is there an automated shearing something in this pack or are we forced to 'spawn and slaughter'?

Edit: Actually, 'Spawn and Slaughter' isn't too bad with an Octadic-upgraded spawner. I'll still look for a shearing solution though. Maybe Steve's Carts?

Last edited: