[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
A few questions if you dont mind.

1. Are hell dogs in the nether meant to be unkillable? The mod clearly states that hell dogs can only be killed by iron or gold swords with the sharpness or power enchant. Those swords are not craftable and even if they were hell dogs have at the lowest 200 hp and i have seen 1 have over 900 hp. they have a fast walk speed and a fast attack even with full Kreknorite armor 2 dogs can kill you so quickly that you only get 1 or 2 swings in.

2. I know the storage drawers mod is there for storage but why aren't mods like jabba and iron chest also in? The storage drawers hold so few items(even with upgrades) that they aren't even worth making past finishing the quest. You say this mod encourages you to explore but it seems like i spend more time making storage chests then i do exploring. I like the difficulty of this mod but storage should not be the hardest part.

3. This something thats been bugging me for a while now and i just dont get it. I get that the mineral water is glitched meaning snow should be your main source of water but that makes no sense with flaxbeard. Since the water is glitched i been trying to not use it and find a good way to get water that i could automate so that i could automate flaxbeard but all i'm seeing is that i have to shovel snow and then automate that. 1st off thats not something that can be done from the start it requires doing most of the quests in the book to get that far. Meaning forget exploring i 1st need to sit there for days to get enough water to head out. 2nd off it means that flaxbeard mod although 1 of the 1st few in the quest book its not automatable at all.

Also i few things to make note of.

I have fully enchanted diamond armor for protection i will still get 1 shotted by angry enderman. Maybe the damage threshold is a little offset it should be hard to make it fun but that just makes it impossible.

Villages were already hard enough to set up b4 with mca now with the reduced spawn rate i been exploring for about 5 hours and haven't run into a single villager to set up a village. And just guessing but even if i run into 1 by the time i get down to it the npc will be dead. Which wouldn't have been an issues b4 because there would be 2 or 3 spawned and saving at least 1 would be possible. This is effectively stopping me from getting animals. Not sure if it was meant to be this hard.

I know that was a long list but just a few things that i felt needed to be addressed. Any and all comments on this would be helpful.

Please and thank you
1) already fixed this in next patch by disabling the evil doggies

2) Jabba is too common, too simple, same for iron chest. Storage drawer is much more interesting IMO

3) Some players has automated frying pan snow water bottle with drones, by letting the drones do the right clicking... And jeesus christ if you get a snow golem and add that to auto refill your frying pans #ggwpiafk , You subsitute speed of getting water with Quantity of water you get in this pack ( I decreased time required to get water bottles from snow blocks in next update) 1 snow block = 6 water bottle, and when water bottle used in wooden barrel= 6 buckets of water!

Finally it really depends on what enermy you are facing, what enchantment you have! having fire protection 4 on full diamond armor doesnt help against endermans :3

Villagers were NOT meant to be spawned in the first place! you were meant to get it as a end game reward x3... i derped so some lucky few players already got their hands on villagers! To get animals you would need to go to the end, and use HardcoreEnderExpansion to obtain mob spawn eggs from the mob drops of animals!

DataReaver

Jul 29, 2019
1) already fixed this in next patch by disabling the evil doggies

2) Jabba is too common, too simple, same for iron chest. Storage drawer is much more interesting IMO

3) Some players has automated frying pan snow water bottle with drones, by letting the drones do the right clicking... And jeesus christ if you get a snow golem and add that to auto refill your frying pans #ggwpiafk , You subsitute speed of getting water with Quantity of water you get in this pack ( I decreased time required to get water bottles from snow blocks in next update) 1 snow block = 6 water bottle, and when water bottle used in wooden barrel= 6 buckets of water!

Finally it really depends on what enermy you are facing, what enchantment you have! having fire protection 4 on full diamond armor doesnt help against endermans :3

Villagers were NOT meant to be spawned in the first place! you were meant to get it as a end game reward x3... i derped so some lucky few players already got their hands on villagers! To get animals you would need to go to the end, and use HardcoreEnderExpansion to obtain mob spawn eggs from the mob drops of animals!

That explains so much thank you very much for the quick reply

iwillezz

Jul 29, 2019
i cant even download java 64 bits... it stops loading and i cant find a 64 bit offline download ? could you help me

iwillezz

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any mods i could remove that isnt rlly needed ? i only need to remove like 10-20 and it may work

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
@karmarcharger

How do you think this pack would do on a larger server with multiple teams?
My idea initially was to copy the Region from the single player as the "islands" of the players.
Would love to hear how you think this could be done.
yes that will work, There is a quest line meant for huge servers, give the players who join a bedrock facade to enable the "server" quest line... If you need help do contact me :3

Do note Exploration is required for players to progress, so either a Exploration world is required, OR allowing the players to break stuff outside their region ;)

As for the base, using a world edit template will work fine.... Forge has world edit now

Last edited:

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
@karmarcharger

How do you think this pack would do on a larger server with multiple teams?
My idea initially was to copy the Region from the single player as the "islands" of the players.
Would love to hear how you think this could be done.
I recomend waiting for the FTB admins to get Version 1.1.14 up first though, cause its a nice update :3
If you want, heres the server files for 1.1.14 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwBj-5MfhNG_dGJCbUowMEplUTQ/view?usp=sharing
You would need 1.1.14 client to connect to it though :3

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
how would you recommend making it where a large server can use this?
Is there anything that would make it not possible to give players a 400x400 block area with the starer area in the middle?
Im talking 50+ players on a server with many starting areas. Is there anything that would break if this is done?
I been playing in single player and it doesnt seem to have anything that you cant aquire close to your staring area.
Indeed, however players would hunger for resources, so the best solution i recomend is, 100*100 base region for a player.

Resource world generating the save file you get from the server download
(note the base isnt generated it was made by me by hand, and there will only be one base per world)
The only thing generating are actually the Ore spires & the Rougelike dungeon :)

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Thats not an issue, base wise. We had Crash landing and every player had there own "island" that when they started would generate it for them.
If you want to see what i mean click the link to the server in my signatue. then join one of the Crash landing servers.

If you can think of it like a sky block. when a player creates an island it gives them there own island and set cords. We did this with crash landing(but with land)

Is that rouge like needed for anything? or can we just copy the base you built and use that as the center of the players islands?
Ill chat with you about it ingame then? rather then bumping the post here :p

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Can you join my server website please, i will start a convo there so the owners can chat with use.

Lharoi

Jul 29, 2019
omg.. mariculture fishing is extremely annoying..

its either the bober is floating above water (already did the casting in the air and move out of the way before it drops method) or i cast it properly and wait for like 20 mins without a bite, using the bait that is given by the quest

oh well.. i just crafted vanilla fishing pole and made an automatic fisher :D