Mage Quest's Feedback and Discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
The one thing that has to remain, they can't complete more than 1 set or primary quests. otherwise we lose the replayability. Leave it as 2 houses per playthrough, and people have a reason to replay it.
Eh I understand your decision completely but sadly it makes me not want to try this pack anymore despite having waited for a long time now. I was hoping this pack would combine all the magic mods together in multiple quest lines instead of just following a quest line for 1 mod and stick with it until you're done and have to restart a new world to do the other quest lines. My friend and I wanted to play this pack to learn the magic mods without having to replay multiple times. Oh well, nothing I can do about this. Guess I'll wait for AS2 then unless you change your mind completely somehow. :)

Reactions: Linda Hartlen

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Has the ore gen been tweaked at all? Or is it just standard vanilla ore gen?

I don't think it has- asides from Cinnabar and Amber Bearing stones, there's only vanilla ores!

In any case, the pack has an NEI plugin that shows ore distribution. So even if it's different, NEI should show the optimal mining level.

tatsu011

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it has- asides from Cinnabar and Amber Bearing stones, there's only vanilla ores!

In any case, the pack has an NEI plugin that shows ore distribution. So even if it's different, NEI should show the optimal mining level.
Also Thaumcraft Shards, and all the flowers that now populate the overworld.

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
The clay thing was really throwing me off.

Eh I understand your decision completely but sadly it makes me not want to try this pack anymore despite having waited for a long time now. I was hoping this pack would combine all the magic mods together in multiple quest lines instead of just following a quest line for 1 mod and stick with it until you're done and have to restart a new world to do the other quest lines. My friend and I wanted to play this pack to learn the magic mods without having to replay multiple times. Oh well, nothing I can do about this. Guess I'll wait for AS2 then unless you change your mind completely somehow. :)
Not sure what AS2 is but the modpack still keeps going after you finish the quests (at least, I think it does) So, its still pretty great.

Dajukester

Jul 29, 2019
I know suggesting mods isn't a thing, but why wasn't Ars Magica 2 added into this pack, since its an obvious magic mod.

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
I know suggesting mods isn't a thing, but why wasn't Ars Magica 2 added into this pack, since its an obvious magic mod.
Ars Magica 2 has stopped being developed. Mithion the creator of it, is doing one more pass to get out the worst bugs and calling it quits.

How do I gain reputation with other factions? The reputation quests are not clear.

Last edited:

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magica 2 has stopped being developed. Mithion the creator of it, is doing one more pass to get out the worst bugs and calling it quits.

How do I gain reputation with other factions? The reputation quests are not clear.

At the moment, reps granted solely through HQM reward bag rewards- one of the drops is a piece of paper you can turn on for rep with a house or faction. Other methods to gather these may be implemented later on, but still won't be easy to get.The quests themselves will also grant rep in a later release, but only rarely with another house/faction.

When rep has more use than to simply unlock a second house, there'll be a quest explaining it better.

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what AS2 is but the modpack still keeps going after you finish the quests (at least, I think it does) So, its still pretty great.
AS2 is Aggrarian Skies 2.

I saw you can keep doing other quests when I checked out the layout with the book in edit mode. But I would have to edit some quests or start a new world to explore the guiding quests for the other magic mods. That's turning me off badly.

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
I really like this modpack. But I do have one thing that is bothering me. My world seems to have an over-abundance of angry youtubers, developers, and minecraft personalities. These weird monsters with names I recognize is really turning me off. And they come waves in Nether. I am all for adding challenge and monsters. But these guys despite being jarring because of the name, are not hard kill.

Edit: I choose the Blood magic house. I have never tried blood magic before and its pretty fun. Wish there was some more to it currently. It looks like a very robust mod. And the Hedge Mage quests are great. I have really fallen in love with Archmagus and adventurer amulets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Linda Hartlen

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the double post. Thought I would report a quest related bug, the Archmagus Brewing stand overwrites the vanilla one. This is a problem because the Hedge Mage quest requests a vanilla stand.

Reactions: Bashful Giant

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the double post. Thought I would report a quest related bug, the Archmagus Brewing stand overwrites the vanilla one. This is a problem because the Hedge Mage quest requests a vanilla stand.

Hmm. This *should* have been fixed with a MineTweaker script we included. I'm looking into it right now.

As for the Blood Magic quests- glad you're enjoying them! We're aware that it's by far the smallest Tier 1 house, and you don't actually get that much done. More T1 quests for it have already been written, and will be coming with the next update. The Hedge Mage quests were my and @Mount's baby- good to hear we did something right :D

*EDIT*
Looks like I derped up somewhere. Could have sworn I changed this to detect the correct brewing stand in the book- apparently not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maffeo404

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. This *should* have been fixed with a MineTweaker script we included. I'm looking into it right now.

As for the Blood Magic quests- glad you're enjoying them! We're aware that it's by far the smallest Tier 1 house, and you don't actually get that much done. More T1 quests for it have already been written, and will be coming with the next update. The Hedge Mage quests were my and @Mount's baby- good to hear we did something right :D

*EDIT*
Looks like I derped up somewhere. Could have sworn I changed this to detect the correct brewing stand in the book- apparently not.

I just worked around it by cheating in the vanilla one. The quests are just icing on a already great modpack. I do wish the Archmagus mod would update. I play on hard and that bug where I lose my mana on death is killer. And the Headcrumbs mod has grown on me. I am working on building a monument with all the heads in the game.

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
Wow....Hedge Magic requires all the apples. Jeez...I am going to need lumberjack golems for this problem. So, I have a question about two of the houses. I see a house Azanorisomething and a house Lexiamoossometing, are both of them Thaumcraft houses? And why does only one have Initiate stuff available?

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Wow....Hedge Magic requires all the apples. Jeez...I am going to need lumberjack golems for this problem. So, I have a question about two of the houses. I see a house Azanorisomething and a house Lexiamoossometing, are both of them Thaumcraft houses? And why does only one have Initiate stuff available?

House Azinorian will come later. It'll be a surprise. That's all I'm telling you.

Leximani is the only Thaumcraft house.

As for the apples... Tough :p

Reactions: Maffeo404

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
House Azinorian will come later. It'll be a surprise. That's all I'm telling you.

Leximani is the only Thaumcraft house.

As for the apples... Tough :p
I really like this pack. Usually, using tech mods I automate all my magic stuff and farming, that option just is not available in this pack. Which has made me really put some time in learning vanilla mechanics and farming techniques.

Reactions: tatsu011