Bug Very frustrated with FTB: Resurrection

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Well, in this particular case there is a shortcut. Use a Blue Power alloy furnace to make your metal blocks. That should probably be nerfed at some point.

Oh, and to the people recommending the removal of GT from the pack I have to say you're not really thinking it through. Without GT there isn't any reason to pick this pack over any other tech pack and quite a few reasons to not pick it.
^What he said.

As much as I dislike GT, GT IS the highlight of the pack IMO and you shouldn't really be playing with it if you dislike GT.

I'm still waiting for their 1.7.10 iteration of the Monster pack.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Took the words right out of my mouth. I'm allowed my opinion on a particular mod, that's not bashing. Some people like it, just like some people like mind numbing grinds in WoW for whatever reason. I've never bashed Greg for his mod. I have however bashed him for some of his childish reactions to mod authors who have disagreed with his meddling in the past however.
I have a love hate relationship with greg tech, In fact thought a lot of what the mod added was cool back in ultimate as far as machines and toys were concerned, I just disliked then asinine grinding it required.

Ultimate was a far better beast IMO, the updated versions of a lot of those mods lost what made them so endearing in the first place at least at the current point in time.

I'd suggest moving over to Dark Trilogy if you want something with a bit of both worlds, and a IMO better eye for balance than GT. Or if you aren't hung up on 7.10 TPPI was a grand pack featuring GT without it being too intrusive.
Heyo, member of the TPPI2 testing team here. TPPI for 1.7.10 is nearing completion. It will have custom ore generation for Gregtech and Gregtech will be heavily tweaked so it'll be like it is in 1.6 TPPI, where you do not need to touch Gregtech if you do not wish. :)

Reactions: rhn and Skyqula

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
You'll experience the joy of taking days and all your resources to build a GT blast furnace, then you place it, realise you need to move it one block, and use a pickaxe instead of a wrench by mistake.

Been there. Tears were shed. Monitors were punched. Tables were flipped.

Lesson learned though.

Last edited:

Q009

Jul 29, 2019
You'll experience the joy of taking days and all your resources to build a GT blast furnace, then you place it, realise you need to move it one block, and use a pickaxe instead of a wrench by mistake.

Lesson learned though.
nub

Reactions: abculatter_2

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site

Lesson learned though.

Yeah in that situation I cheat it back in. Yep I do. Not ashamed at all. I will play gregtech mod packs but I am not willing to put myself through gregs nonsense. Then I make a wrench and do my best to not let that happened again.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
To me, ressurection is realy just unhinged 2.0, not ultimate. It screws with everything way to much to resemble ultimate. Therefor:
Heyo, member of the TPPI2 testing team here. TPPI for 1.7.10 is nearing completion. It will have custom ore generation for Gregtech and Gregtech will be heavily tweaked so it'll be like it is in 1.6 TPPI, where you do not need to touch Gregtech if you do not wish. :)

This is awesome news realy, TPPI was the 1.6 version of ultimate so I am realy looking forward to the 1.7.10 version :)

Q009

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah in that situation I cheat it back in. Yep I do. Not ashamed at all. I will play gregtech mod packs but I am not willing to put myself through gregs nonsense. Then I make a wrench and do my best to not let that happened again.
It's hard to call it nonsense though, but I understand the pain

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The following items frustrate me to no end.
  • I can't build a basic iron block by putting 9 iron ingots on a crafting table.
HI mikegold. As you're I'm sure understanding by now, gregtech doesn't let you do many things like smashing iron into a giant block with your hands. It requires extra steps, e.g the compressor in this case. There's tons of these little machine requirements, intended in some cases to enforce a notion of reality or slow down your progression, but usually to create interesting resource-deployment dilemmas. If you dislike systems analysis and design, this won't appeal to you.

People who don't know what they're talking about call this same stuff "just grinding."

There is a reason gregtech is quite disliked, while not the main reason this is part of it. Unessisary changes for the sake of just grinding.
See above.

You might not dislike GT. @Nefroz never said you disliked GT, though.

Nefroz said that there is a reason GT is disliked. This is part of the reason GT is disliked. You can't plausibly argue that GT is not disliked, because it is. And for the people who dislike it, this is the sort of reason why they dislike it.
Technically, Nefroz said some people don't like GregTech because it has "unnecessary" changes "just" for the sake of grinding. That's invalid. These people dislike gregtech because it has changes which they feel are unnecessary and which they feel are added just for the sake of grinding. Note the difference.

Some people will say that these changes are objectively unnecessary or objectively mere-grind-additions. These people are wrong.

This modpack might not be for you
+1.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Lesson learned though.
Shevron, funny story. This actually happened to me last night.

I built, in a nice pretty line, 2 Electric Blast Furnaces, a Vacuum Freezer, and an Implosion Compressor. All are 3x3 multiblocks.

I looked at them and realized: shit, I want them all one block to the left (for infrastructure reasons.)

Dammit. At least I didn't use a pickaxe though.

PS: GT wrench mechanics are so amazing. I wish IC2 would use the exact same setup.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Agreed. I'm not a fan of "you might lose the machine anyway". Lucky that GT wrenches work on IC2 blocks :)
Also, I dunno about you, but I find myself constantly "removing" ic2 machines that I'm actually trying to rotate. This is especially true when I'm not 100% sure which way an IC2 machine is currently facing.

GT makes you break a machine to remove it, so there's no functional overlap. I die a little inside when I have to rotate IC2 machines.

Nefroz

Jul 29, 2019
Some people will say that these changes are objectively unnecessary or objectively mere-grind-additions. These people are wrong.
+1.

Here is where we disagree, this is a matter of opinion, and those people are not wrong, but neither are they right.