Feeding Hungry Nodes

GamerNebulae

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone!

I saw that a few mod developers, TFFTCuts and Fireball, were playing with ThaumCraft and they found a Hungry Node and kept feeding it Crafting Tables. My question is, is it still possible (read on a non-official website that it was impossible now) and where can I find these Hungry Nodes?

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Should be possible, they're playing with the latest builds. Hungry nodes are random, just like other node types, just a little more rare.

Look for the ground being broken up under it, and if you get too close, they can toss you up in the air, and if you don't have a method to fly away, you'll most likely die, and all your gear get eaten up by it.

The way to contain them, as you saw in the DW20s video, is to get close-ish to it, but not too close, and surround it in obsidian, which the hungry node can't break. Then you leave one block open to feed it craftingtables to make a super 600+ per aspect node, then you bottle it, move it, and energize it.

Or so I hear.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Should be possible, they're playing with the latest builds. Hungry nodes are random, just like other node types, just a little more rare.

Look for the ground being broken up under it, and if you get too close, they can toss you up in the air, and if you don't have a method to fly away, you'll most likely die, and all your gear get eaten up by it.

The way to contain them, as you saw in the DW20s video, is to get close-ish to it, but not too close, and surround it in obsidian, which the hungry node can't break. Then you leave one block open to feed it craftingtables to make a super 600+ per aspect node, then you bottle it, move it, and energize it.

Or so I hear.

I believe warded blocks also work to encase the hungry node with.
so if you've it surrounded with obsidian, and if you're fast enough, you could equal trade the obsidian with the block of your liking and immediatly ward it, probably best to use 2 wands for this that are next to eachother, so you can quickly swap between them

Evilshallwin

Jul 29, 2019
How the heck do you bottle a hungry node properly? I know you can try to equal trade an obsidian outside with glass, but it seems like the node will always suck up a glass block before you can bottle it.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
How the heck do you bottle a hungry node properly? I know you can try to equal trade an obsidian outside with glass, but it seems like the node will always suck up a glass block before you can bottle it.
Build with obsidian then swap it out with glass using equal trade? I just pick up nodes with a matter transporter from Practicalities. Nabbed a hungry node last night, tossed in a few things and it is indeed getting bigger. Looks like its going to take a while though.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I do wonder, things like hungry, tainted and pure nodes, if you put them ontop of a node stabilizer, do hungry nodes stop sucking in items and do tainted and pure nodes stop changing biome types and spawning mobs?

Reactions: 1SDAN and Adonis0

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
I do wonder, things like hungry, tainted and pure nodes, if you put them ontop of a node stabilizer, do hungry nodes stop sucking in items and do tainted and pure nodes stop changing biome types and spawning mobs?

Well, Hungry nodes do eat the stabilizer (Direwolf20 1.7 v 1.0.2) and fairly sure that Pure and Tainted keeps doing their things as well.

Reactions: MigukNamja

atomicgermx69

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a beast of a hungry node a person is feeding on my server I do mean beast
L9NGer4.png

3hYNnLY.png

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Well, Hungry nodes do eat the stabilizer (Direwolf20 1.7 v 1.0.2) and fairly sure that Pure and Tainted keeps doing their things as well.

someone on reddit actually tried to energize a hungry node and they thought of something pretty smart to take away the hungry aspect
what they did was jar the hungry node and they placed it down in a tainted biome to turn the node from hungry to tainted, so it lost the ability to suck in items.

I wished the advanced stabilizer would be able to prevent the abilities from hungry/pure/tainted nodes from happening... it's advanced after all...

Here is a beast of a hungry node a person is feeding on my server I do mean beast
L9NGer4.png

3hYNnLY.png

that's.... wow

GamerNebulae

Jul 29, 2019
someone on reddit actually tried to energize a hungry node and they thought of something pretty smart to take away the hungry aspect
what they did was jar the hungry node and they placed it down in a tainted biome to turn the node from hungry to tainted, so it lost the ability to suck in items.

I wished the advanced stabilizer would be able to prevent the abilities from hungry/pure/tainted nodes from happening... it's advanced after all...

that's.... wow
Didn't expect these many reactions, so didn't check. Does the Advanced Stabilizer make it Normal again after a while or does it stay tainted forever?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't expect these many reactions, so didn't check. Does the Advanced Stabilizer make it Normal again after a while or does it stay tainted forever?

nope, it stays tainted

I tried using an ethereal bloom near a tainted node, in the hope of purifying the node, but sadly that didn't work

GamerNebulae

Jul 29, 2019
nope, it stays tainted

I tried using an ethereal bloom near a tainted node, in the hope of purifying the node, but sadly that didn't work
I just realized that Energized is also a sort of Node and if you feed it into the two thousands, you have one of the best nodes on earth. Question is, the square root of the amount of vis (example: node was 2000 before, after energizing it wil be 44-45), does that stand for the amount of CV it will charge per tick?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
It is the square root, rounded down. Bright nodes get a 1.2x modifier, and pales get a 0.8x modifer. (Idk about fading)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
That's the amount of CV/t the energized node is capable of producing. Things like the wand charge relay, or infernal furnaces can be fed with this via relays.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I just realized that Energized is also a sort of Node and if you feed it into the two thousands, you have one of the best nodes on earth. Question is, the square root of the amount of vis (example: node was 2000 before, after energizing it wil be 44-45), does that stand for the amount of CV it will charge per tick?

do be cautious though, if you for example try to telepose an energized node while it's still active, your node will go boom and will leave a big mess of flux goo behind.
though this would be a good strategy to use if you need tainted items but can't find a tainted biome.

GamerNebulae

Jul 29, 2019
do be cautious though, if you for example try to telepose an energized node while it's still active, your node will go boom and will leave a big mess of flux goo behind.
though this would be a good strategy to use if you need tainted items but can't find a tainted biome.
Does this also apply when you have the upgraded version of the Teleposer which moves a 3x3x3 cube?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Logically yes, as the 1x1 one wouldn't be able to reach the energised node (It'd only be able to telepose the stabliser)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Does this also apply when you have the upgraded version of the Teleposer which moves a 3x3x3 cube?

yes, it doesn't matter which teleposer you use, do not, and I mean DO NOT move a stabilized node when it's still active.
you can however turn the stabilizer off, wait till it's completely shut down and quickly telepose the whole setup and re-activate it at the new location.
I believe if you do that you don't lose your aspects if you're quick enough, but I may be wrong

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
If you have Technomancy, it would be easier to just create a new hungry node and feed it before tainting it then energise it.

Maybe create a monster node, energise it and then use it as your central CV provider.