[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I created several new farms using TC golems, but I encountered a problem- my golems won't replant wheat. They all have required cores and upgrades (harvest + order) and it works fine for all of the Harvestcraft crops, potatoes and carrots. Do I need some other upgrades or is it some kind of bug ? If yes, what are my other options (apart from Ender IO farming station) ? I tried to use IC 'crop sticks', but golems don't seem to recognize them at all.

Also, I updated my pack to 2.0.6 yesterday and it seems that some of my TC progress has been somewhat reset and I have to scan every single item and block once again to see their aspects. Is there any way to fix it ? It isn't really a problem, but feels kinda cheaty, cause I'm getting double research points this way.

The Golems have been slightly nerfed or else Harvest with wheat is bugged. The Harvest just knocks the mature wheat crop over. To re-plant, you need to use 'Use' golems. Place the Use golem on an inventory that has the seeds you want to re-plant. The Use golem will re-supply itself from that inventory. Then, with the Golemancer's Bells, right-click on the Use golem to select him. Then, right-click on every plot of tilled soil you want it to plant on. Yes, this will be a lot of clicks. Take care to *not* click on an invalid spot, like the side of a just-planted wheat/seed. The stupid Use golem will get stuck/hung on invalid destinations and not move on to plant in other, valid locations.

Also take care to keep you soil tilled if you or mobs happen to trample/jump on it. The Use golem will get stuck on untilled (normal) dirt.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I updated my pack to 2.0.6 yesterday and it seems that some of my TC progress has been somewhat reset and I have to scan every single item and block once again to see their aspects. Is there any way to fix it ? It isn't really a problem, but feels kinda cheaty, cause I'm getting double research points this way.
The latest TC update changed how researched items are stored, and so they have to be rescanned. Azanor quote from the changelog: "Enjoy the free research points." :)

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
And, just to be clear, is it the compressed metal (9 ingots in a Compressor) blocks or the ore blocks as mined straight from the ground ?

Yes, compressed metal ingots that returns a block works on crops.
Yes, vanilla ore blocks mined from the ground also works on crops.
No, GT ore blocks mined from the ground does not work on crops.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
The Golems have been slightly nerfed or else Harvest with wheat is bugged. The Harvest just knocks the mature wheat crop over. To re-plant, you need to use 'Use' golems. Place the Use golem on an inventory that has the seeds you want to re-plant. The Use golem will re-supply itself from that inventory. Then, with the Golemancer's Bells, right-click on the Use golem to select him. Then, right-click on every plot of tilled soil you want it to plant on. Yes, this will be a lot of clicks. Take care to *not* click on an invalid spot, like the side of a just-planted wheat/seed. The stupid Use golem will get stuck/hung on invalid destinations and not move on to plant in other, valid locations.

Also take care to keep you soil tilled if you or mobs happen to trample/jump on it. The Use golem will get stuck on untilled (normal) dirt.

Replanting with Harvest would work only if the crop will drop seeds. With HungerOverhaul the seed drop is 0. There is solution that I am considering. Lowering the amount of product droping from crops, but it will also drop always 1 seed.

Last edited:
Reactions: MigukNamja

andrej88

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything in this modpack to make large horizontal (or vertical) doors that slide open? As far as I can tell there's nothing that acts like RedPower's frames, and Malisis' Doors seem to be mostly vertical and/or too small. Even something that works like Carpenters' Garage doors but horizontally would be fine. I just want a nice sliding cover for my Galacticraft missile silo...

EDIT: The force field from Malisis seems to do the trick, I think. Kind of. Except it has to be square. And can't be redstone controlled. But it's the only thing I found to be horizontal.

Last edited:

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
You might be able to add Funky Locomotion. Not sure if there's a way to get Enderium for its default recipes though.

andrej88

Jul 29, 2019
There is a recipe for Enderium via Ender IO I believe (I made a enderium shovel the other day for silk touch). Would adding Funky Locomotion cause any problems? Anyone tried it?

JoeVengence

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything in this modpack to make large horizontal (or vertical) doors that slide open? As far as I can tell there's nothing that acts like RedPower's frames, and Malisis' Doors seem to be mostly vertical and/or too small. Even something that works like Carpenters' Garage doors but horizontally would be fine. I just want a nice sliding cover for my Galacticraft missile silo...

EDIT: The force field from Malisis seems to do the trick, I think. Kind of. Except it has to be square. And can't be redstone controlled. But it's the only thing I found to be horizontal.

I did just this same type of silo. I used Malisis Doors vanishing blocks works by redstone control also and you can put any block to skin it.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
You might be able to add Funky Locomotion. Not sure if there's a way to get Enderium for its default recipes though.
There is a recipe for Enderium via Ender IO I believe (I made a enderium shovel the other day for silk touch). Would adding Funky Locomotion cause any problems? Anyone tried it?
Enderium is in v2.0.6 obtainable via EnderIO.
Enviromine works amazing with this modpack. Just wanted to point that out.
Someone else pointed that out. But honestly I am bit done with adding new mods to the pack. There are few more mods in queue to be added, but after that....

(btw: 1.8 Infitech if it will happen will be insane :D )

edit: Oh and yes. Funky Locomotion should not cause any "huge" issues. Havent tried it, but i dont see why it should not work :) Its just some moving thingies

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

andrej88

Jul 29, 2019
I just checked out Funky Locomotion, not exactly what I had in mind but seems cool. Unfortunately vanishing frames are a little expensive right now... still haven't gotten to the end.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Note to self: When mining for Diamond. DO NOT LOOK FOR DIAMOND. Look for Coal/Graphite ore instead :) Diamond ore is contained within it :)

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to see what light level a block has?
kinda annoying is you try to crossbreed redwheat and the lightsource isn't close/far enought to provide the right lightlvl

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm I'm wondering if anyone can give me a suggestion where to progress next as I've hit a wall.

I had these grand plans of going ethanol power but I can't seem to find any apatite for the life of me and after burning through about 20 pickaxes at y=50 I don't think I can stand to keep searching for it. I have the whole forest ethanol setup ready and breed a rather nice tree for it but without apatite for a multifarm I'm not sure what to do. I was thinking of doing a golem tree farm but I don't believe I'll get any fruit from my trees (they drop lemons) since they won't have a chance to ripen before their cut.
So what should I do? Think of an alternative power source? Go charcoal instead? Breed a different fruit into my trees and go golem tree farm?

I've progressed to the point where I have a diesel generator, a plate bending machine and a few stacks of steel. But I've been putting off making more Gregtech machines due to a lack of a stable power source.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
I had these grand plans of going ethanol power but I can't seem to find any apatite for the life of me and after burning through about 20 pickaxes at y=50 I don't think I can stand to keep searching for it.

Well I was lucky and found apatite right under my base... right after searching for hours at high y-levels because I didn't realize Forestry wasn't the one spawning it.

I don't know how long you have explored for veins in total, but 20 pickaxes is not a lot.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack Updated to v2.0.7 - New Years Update
Updated Mods:
- AppleCore to 1.0.2
- Applied Energistics 2 to RV2 beta 6
- AsieLib to 0.3.8
- Binnie Mods to pre1
- Carpenter's Blocks to 3.3.4.1
- Chisel to 2.2.1
- Computronics to 2.2.1
- CustomOreGen to 1.2.17
- EnderIO to 2.2.6.317
- Extra Cells to 2.2.23b43
- Galacticraft to 3.0.6.250
- GregTech to 5.07.05
- HungerOverhaul to beta 4
- IHL Tools and Machines to 0.524
- Malisis Doors to 1.3.3
- Minechem to 5.0.5.350
- OpenBlocks to 1.3.529
- OpenModsLib to 0.6.283
- PFAA to 1.5.1-49
- PneumaticCraft to 1.5.1-49
- RefinedRelocationt o 1.0.7c
- SGCraft to 1.9.0
- SpiceOfLife to 1.2.3
- ttCore to 0.1.0-53
- WailaHarvestability to 1.1.1
- Yampst-Infitech 2 to 2.0.7

Config Changes/Fixes:
- Conversion ratios for PneumaticCraft (1EU = 8RF)
- Fixed crafting of T3 Nailed Plates
- Every harvest of crops will yield 1 seed (to help those poor Golem farmers with replanting, since they can't be asked to simply right-click the crop)
- Fixed Typos in EnderIo oredict preferences
- Disabled all TE smelting recipes in eIO
- Desh Tools recipes from galacticraft are gone. They are all replaced by GT Meta Tools
- Fixed Jabba Structural upgrades not using oreDictionary properly (its temporary fix with the Minetweaker, script will be changed when it will be "fixed" in Jabba)
- EnderIO silicon is no longer obtainable
- Processing Redstone Ore in SAG Mill will give 1x Silicon dust (25%)
- Dark Steel is only craftable in Blast Furnace
- You can now use 1, 2 or all 3 slots for smelting Wood into Charcoal inside eIO Alloy Smelter. Energy and time is still same overall.
- Changed Yeta Wrench recipe to be craftable before you will have Blast Furnace.

Note: There are few items, that will be removed when you update from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7. It doesnt necesary mean they are gone from game. But already placed crafted ones will be 100% gone.

List of Missing/Removed items/blocks:
chisel:present
chisel:tile.autoChisel
chisel:tile.autoChisel
chisel:present
ihl:chargerEjectorItem
ihl:ironWorkbenchItem
ihl:IHLDriverItem
ihl:glassBoxItem
appliedenergistics2:item.ToolNetherQuartzSpade
appliedenergistics2:item.ToolEraser
appliedenergistics2:item.ToolDebugCard