[1.7.10] M.M.F Mod Pack - YouTube Let's Play and Mixture Themed Pack

MrMFretwell

Jul 29, 2019
0.1.5 has been released on the launcher, let me know if you have any problems :)

As always, a change-log for this update is provided below:

v0.1.5

- removed AdminCommandsToolbox
- removed bspkrsCore and config
* updated keybinds
+ Aroma1997Core
+ AromaBackup
+ TiC Tooltips
+ Flaxbeards Steam Power
+ AsieLib
+ Computronics
+ bonys desertcraft (for you @xbony2 <3)
+ liteloader
+ matmos
+ OpenEye

* updated a whole ton of mods this time around
* fixed a few bugs

This version contains an experimental BETA of Matmos, which is a sound enhancement mod that requires you to install a resource pack, feedback on this is greatly appreciated, the resource pack is available to download here as I know this type of thing isn't for everyone, but give it a try if you wish and let me know, lack of feedback may constitute it being removed in 0.1.6 so be sure to make your feelings known.

As already stated, with the release of 0.1.5 the mod suggestion period is over for now. If you have a suggestion still drop it in the thread but it will be pushed into the category of post 1.0.0 development. 0.1.6 is going to focus entirely on bug fixes, tweaks and improvements before a full release. Note that the release cycle may change slightly and updates could be pushed out faster. 0.1.6 will be a sort of Release Candidate version for 1.0.0. So if you find a bug or crash, please report it to me so I can look into it. I will also be upgrading as many mods as possible to stable versions and doing some extra work such as a brand new splash for the launcher now that we are approaching the end of BETA. Stay tuned for more news soon! :)

Reactions: xbony2

MrMFretwell

Jul 29, 2019
Figured I should give a progress update

Firstly, I am aware of the issues affecting 0.1.5 downloads at the moment, I am working with the FTB 3rd Party team to resolve them as we speak, for now roll back to 0.1.4.

[Update: fixed and now released as 0.1.6]

As for 0.1.6 [update: 0.1.7] development, things have been busy on the bug fix and update front

+ redesigned splash and icon for the launcher
- LiteLoader
- Matmos
- Binnies Mods (Broken API issues with a number of mods now, doesn't look like an update will appear in the near future either, if it does I'll be happy to re-add this mod later)
* Upgraded to the latest version of COFHCore and Forge to receive the world generation fix
* Lots of updates to mods
* Solved the major API bug with DragonAPI and OC thanks to Reika's hard work! This also allows OC, Computronics and AsieLib all to make their latest versions in 0.1.6.

Much work is still to be done, particularly on the bug fix front, once I've determined what is stable and what isn't (and hopefully done some more testing and bug fixing) I will release 0.1.6 which we'll unofficially call (1.0.0_pre1). No ETA on this yet, I don't feel its ready for release, I really want to polish up as much as I can before the final push towards a full release. :)

Last edited:

MrMFretwell

Jul 29, 2019
0.1.5 downloads should be fixed now thanks to the help from the FTB team, special thanks to @Jake_Evans for re-uploading, note that the pack has now been released as 0.1.6 and all 0.1.6 development has been pushed back to 0.1.7. :)

Of course if you have any trouble let me know.

MrMFretwell

Jul 29, 2019
v0.1.7 has been released and is now available to download on the launcher, let me know of any issues.

a brief change-log for 0.1.7 (1.0.0_pre1)

+ redesigned splash and icon on the launcher
+ NEI Integration
- NEI Plugins
- LiteLoader
- Matmos
* a ton of updates to mods in the pack, fixing a lot of bugs.
* possibly reduce start-up time
* disabled update notifications to reduce spam upon world load
* started to overhaul the forum post in prep for release.
* tweaked some further crafting recipes
* updated the changelog and welcome book to reflect a move closer to release
* lots and lots of bugs fixed as a result of mod updates

The next update will be released in probably in a week or two, this update seems pretty stable to me and the mod list is frozen, feel free to start your world now. I only have a few changes and additions to now implement before the first full version.

These include:

* setting up the guide (part of Modpack tweaks)
* may tweak some crafting recipes yet
* more mod updates as we move towards stable releases of all mods
* finishing the forum post

MrMFretwell

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for being away forever, the mod pack has been updated to 1.0.0-pre2

Not too much has changed aside from a ton of updates to existing mods, but I also did a few other things, change-log as always below:

Let me know of any issues, I am aware of the bar at the top caused by Reika's mods, you can disable this by using the command given when you first enter a world. There is no way of me being able to disable this via config etc. from what I read. I will post a video with how to disable it soon if you are unsure. I have removed Resonant Engine/MFFS as it just seemed too buggy at the moment to really be used. When you first attempt to log in you may receive a prompt about missing blocks/items, just click yes to proceed, I apologize if you had anything related to MFFS in your world.

+ Chisel
* configured OpenEye tags
- OpenPeripheralAddons
- OpenPeripheralCore
- Resonant Engine
- MFFS
+ OpenPeripheral AIO-1

I'm hoping to keep updating the pack for now while I test for bugs and so on, we may have another pre-release or two yet before I push out the full completed version. Again sorry I was away for such a long time, a lot has come up in the meantime, I have however been continuing my YouTube series with this mod pack and I've been really enjoying myself so far, so that may give you some idea of what it's been like to play so far. :)

Reactions: xbony2

MrMFretwell

Jul 29, 2019
Hey!

Its only been six months :p but it is time for another update! Version 1.1.0 mainly focuses on performance and optimization, but there are a few mod related changes also. This release is "stable" but you may encounter some bugs, crafting recipe conflicts etc. so please let me know if you encounter them, also I am aware of the bug that sometimes causes the game to get stuck while loading ComputerCraft, I'm not sure why it does this but restarting your game and launching again will fix it. When an update for ComputerCraft is released I'll update to it.

Changelog for this version:

- Qcraft
- BetterStorage (replaced with IronChests)
- Thaumcraft Mob Aspects (not really doing anything)
- Backpacks (other mods add backpacks)
+ FPSPlus (improves world generation performance)
+ ET Futurum (a mod that adds 1.8/1.9 features into the game)
+ FastCraft (major performance improvements, finally able to be bundled into my pack)
* Fixed being unable to craft the chisel for the chisel mod in 1.0.0
* This update does update world generation however you shouldn't see any chunk borders, only new structures and ore/stone generation has been implemented.
* This update is backwards compatible with 1.0.0 worlds. However be warned anything you have made with Qcraft, BetterStorage chests, or backpacks will be removed. Make sure to take a backup before upgrading as well as empty out any backpacks/chests.

Many thanks! :)