Buildcraft question Direwolf20 1.7.10 Pack

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, am I missing something or did something major change with the redstone engines? In 1.6.4 I used to use 4 engines on a pump with an Extra Utilities drum on top of it to clean up lava pools in the overworld, now in 1.7.10 the engines refuse to heat up. It's been sitting for at least 10 minutes and they are still blue. Here is my setup

ZXauewr.png

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
During the switch to RF they nerfed the redstone engine because otherwise ou could have cheap power. Atm they only work together with wood/emerald pipes.
They will be compatible to pumps again in the future. Until then use a stirling engine or a magmatic servo to power the pump. Alternatively you could hook it directly to your power grid or use an energy cell.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Well honestly that sucks. The only use redstone engines even had for me was the pumps. Oh well, guess it's off to build something else to power it then.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Well honestly that sucks. The only use redstone engines even had for me was the pumps. Oh well, guess it's off to build something else to power it then.

Update to DW20 1.0.3. BC 6.2.2+ restored the behaviour.